Aveyond Studios Community
Sign in to follow this  
Mae

The Future of Witchcraft (RP)

You are a first year witch (either female or male) student at a prestigious academy. You are either 12 or 13 years old. Halloween has always been a time when first exams of the year were held, before the festivities start. Your exams are coming up. First you have a potions exam, you have studied de-beautifying potions this year, and they are difficult. Just last week, someone managed to turn herself into a beauty queen with a botched potion. The potions teacher was furious, and told that girl (Narda was her name) that she would surely fail her exams and be sent home. She was sent to the nurse's office and hasn't been seen since.

This is an open RP. Anyone can join in, just post a short character intro. This isn't at all strict (for those that have played the Fight for Independence RP and noticed how particular I can be... But this isn't like that). If you've got any questions at all, pm them to me. I'll aim for clearing this thread from excessive ooc talk.

Yeah, that's what I thought. The first one was just something I put there... I'll try to flesh out the idea a bit more, then find suitable images for a background in this thread.

Leena was anxious. Soon her first exam would start. Leena was afraid she'd fail miserably. Narda had, and she had been her best friend. Leena hadn't been allowed to visit Narda at all and was worried that they'd never see each other again. She had gone through the de-beautifying potions again the night before, but wasn't at all sure her results would differ at all from Narda's. What if she ended up looking like a beauty queen? A disgrace to her family. Both her parents were witches, alumni of this academy.

Leena took a deep breath, and checked that she hadn't forgotten her potions kit to the dormitory. She hadn't.

Cat was really anxious, since she had never wanted to enter this academy... Since she was born, she never thought at her as a real great Witch, she just wanted to be friendly to everyone and don't throw any spell on anybody, even if she couldn't help laughing when remembering that time she's thrown a broom spell at a meant camarade at school many years ago...

He began to turn around like a tornado and then tidied up every little corner in the class room... hé hé ... well, that one was really good, but... no, generally she didn't like to use magic.

But to please her aunt, who has taken care of her, since her parents died both in an accident, she has entered the academy and tried to make her best to succeed and pass the exam...

So now, she must face her destiny and see how it goes... hummm and what a strange idea to make de- beautifying potions, but it was the main subject of that year and she had to worked hard on it.

Anyway, she liked the academy a lot, because everyone there was kind with her, accepting that she doens't really have the "witch spirit", but appreciating her friendly personnality.

At last it was a good real year and... why not... it could be funny to be able to realise a real good de-beautifying potion, if she could just also create the antidote at the same time.

Well she should ask Leena if she also created one to cancel the power of the potion ...

That's why she was running along the corridors to find her now...

Rosey wasn't really close with Narda... she wasn't really close to any of them. She didn't really liked the school for witches, she wanted to use her magical powers to help the others, she wanted to enter the white mages school. But the dream she had, changed her plans. That awful dream..when she saw it she knew that she must be in this school, she knew that the students were in danger and now..it happened.. a young witch disappeared.

Raven was sitting on the steps in front of the door. She nervously got up, then looked to the sky. If they knew she were here...the school would be in danger. She felt terrible. She was actually a Dragon Lord, but her heart always told her that she was a witch. So, she had snuck here. She had become a star student, getting all A's. Even so, she wasn't a snobby girl who bragged. She knew that there was always room for improvement. She hadn't really gotten any friends yet, but she would change that today.

*claims first dude student* woot!

Drag dragged himself around the school. He hated the robes. It made him feel stuffy and unflexible. He liked mobility which his slightly baggy pants and large shirts granted him. But thanks to the uniform code, he didn't have that freedom. And he didn't like the first exam too much. I mean, it was just simple de beautifying, which was easily enough when one wasn't 'beautiful/handsome' to begin with. Though upon reflection, Drag noted it was far easier for a male such as himself to debeautify himself than a girl. Girls had to worry about dresses, hair, makeup, etc etc. and usually ended up exploding in a fit of pink bubbles. Drag just flowed with it, concentrating from his shoes and go upward. Of course, he did practiced it a lot to make sure it went smoothly.

Heck, the only reason why he actually applied and got in was because his parents pushed him to. Drag had absolutely no motivation to do much, which was why his nickname fit him so well. But since his parents were paying the tuition, Drag wouldn't and couldn't do much except follow their wishes.

Feeling apathetic as usual, Drag stuck his hands into his pockets and continued to walk toward his class. Black hair and brown eyes, Drag was of average height and build. His brains were nothing to brag about but he managed good enough grades to more or less satisfy his parents. Sides, he had to be a good role model for his little sister who he cared deeply for. Ah, such was the life of mostly unknown Kryos 'Drag' Kiru.

Leena was deep in thought, when she suddenly snapped out of it, seeing Cat running along the corridors, apparently looking for something. "Hey, Cat! How's it going? Are you anxious about the test tonight?"

"Oh Leena, what a relief, at last I find you ! " said Cat, trying to recover her breast a bit.

Cat was so worried about that. Will she dare to ask Leena, who was a real talented and witchy witch about her fear ? she could sound so stupid with her moral dilemna ... but who could she asked if not Leena, who was one of her favorite fellow ? well...

"I'm not so anxious about the test tonight than about not being able to find the appropriate antidote for it... well you know I like to joke a lot, but I'm not able to throw a spell on someone, without being able to cancel it after a while... especially a de-beautifying one... do you plan to have one too ?"

Raven walked in the building, only to see Cat and Leena talking. She was determined, but she was naturally shy. It got the best of her, and she slowly walked away without a word. "*sigh* Why can't I ever get confidence? Just another factor which goes to show how I'm not good enough to be a witch..." She mumbled while she passed.

Mandy runs from her room and blasts out the dorm in a terror. I can't find my potion notes! she screams to the world at large. Ack! She trips on the sidewalk and goes sprawling.

Slowly Mandy picks herself up and begins to get a grip on her panic. Why am I such a klutz? Sis says I'll never pass for a true witch.With a sigh Mandy pushes her coke-bottle glasses up her nose grateful that these at least did not break. Ok, just stop and think where were they last? she thinks to herself.

In horror Mandy realizes that she had lent them to Narda. Dark gods! How would she get them back now? She bit her lip which was bleeding slightly. The pain gave her a focus. She had to sneak into Narda's room and get her notes back at all costs. With a gulp, she turned back to the dorm trying to figure out how in the world she would manage this bit of theivery.

A look of excited shock came over Leena's face. "You mean you actually wanna slip it to someone? Wow, you're wicked. Maybe you oughta talk to Miss Bat about transferring to the curse-oriented class."

Mandy dashed back into her room. It took her awhile to locate her broom since she had torn up her room searching for her notes earlier. At a run, she escaped to the dorm roof.

Mandy hoped that anyone who saw her would assume that she was practicing precision flying. It would be perfectly believable that she would need to practice. This year she had already sprained her foot and broken her wrist at flight class, not to mention caused several close calls with other flyers.

With her broom ready, Mandy took off and circled the dormatory. She scanned the top floor until she located the correct window. Making a few "fancy" passes, Mandy tried not to be too obvious about studying the latch. It appeared to be locked - just my luck.

Mandy zoomed away and almost crashed into the tree nearby. With her thoughts distracting her, her flying was more erratic than usual. She fumbled at her left-hand pocket. She pulled out a charm of string and roots. It was an unlocking charm - or at least she hoped it was. With a wide swoop which almost swipped her into the building, Mandy made another pass by Narda's window. She tried to hook the charm onto the window beside the latch, but missed. Darn!

With a shiver, Mandy made a second pass. This time the charm caught, but only on the outer edge of the latch. It turned a quarter turn. Grrr! Well, third time is a charm. Mandy made a good run and managed to push the charm all the way onto the latch. The latch turned, but Mandy slammed into a branch and flipped into the tree.

Slightly stunned, Mandy gathered her broom and brushed branches from her face. Adjusting her glasses, Mandy tried to keep her grip on her broom so that she didn't fall from the tree. With shaking legs, she managed to climb back aboard and slowly floated to the now unlocked window.

Pushing up the window sash, Mandy climbed akwardly into Narda's room. As she slid over the desk, she knocked over the desk lamp with a clang. Mandy froze, heartbeat racing, to see if anyone would immediately respond to the loud clang. She quickly took stock of the room. It seemed neat, but none of Narda's things seemed to be missing. Mandy frowned, that didn't seem right. Narda's book bag was sitting on the middle of the bed. It appeared that someone had tossed it there very carelessly. Mandy pulled the bag open. She saw Narda's notebooks, potion kit and her own missing notes. Afraid that someone might come to investigate the noise, Mandy decided to leave and take the book bag with everything inside it.

As she left, Mandy felt nervous. Things seemed strange. What had really happened to Narda?

Miacka felt very nervous.She was one who was always nervous for everything.She nervously kept re-reading her notes afraid that she might forget them later.These were after all very important exams.And she had only one chance or she'd be sent home and would never be a great witch.She had everything ready for tomorrow.

Mandy dragged her broom and Narda's book bag into her own room and slammed the door. Her heart was racing. With a shiver, Mandy flopped into a chair and began to try and get a grip on herself. She could almost her her big sister snearing at her fright. How will such a fraidy-cat ever make a witch?

Mandy gave up on her own concerns and dumped the contents of Narda's book bag onto the bed. It looked ordinary enough - notebooks, potion kit, wand, various charms. Mandy picked up the potion notes she had lent to Narda. Potions was the earliest class and Narda was always late. That was why she was constantly borrowing other people's notes for class.

Mandy picked up Narda's book. Perhaps Narda had not gotten around to studying the uglifying potion. Mandy flipped to the back of Narda's notebook. She frowned. Here was a copy of the potion recipe. So, Narda had studied it. Had she gotten the ingredients wrong at the exam?

Mandy turned to the potion kit. Narda's family was well off and she had a full kit. Most of the items had obviously been filled in anticipation of the exam. Mandy separated out the ones which had some amount missing. Mandy couldn't understand it. None of the missing ingredients should have caused the potion to become a beautifying potion. The fairy dust (the most potent ingredient for a beauty potion) had not been used. Mandy's mind was in a whirl. Something was wrong. Either someone had sabotaged Narda or the whole story was a lie.

Mandy contemplated her options. With a sigh, she decided that she needed to take a look at the potion exam room and see if she could figure out what had really happened. Mandy hoped she wasn't going to get caught in whatever had happened to Narda, but she decided that she couldn't ignore what was going on either.

She silently walked on, feeling ashamed. "There goes that idea...well, I should at least get ready for the test...*sigh* now that I mention it, I've already studied all through 2 days straight, then still studied more after that..." She slipped outside unnoticed. She looked up in the sky, and imagined herself up there. There was always one problem whenever she did that. It never showed what she was riding. It went to show how torn she was at the decision between Dragon Lord and Witch. She looked back at the building, how awe-inspiring it looked to her. "My friends, my family. They all became Dragon Lords..." She made a sad smile, then walked back in. "I know. This is where I belong."