Aveyond Studios Community
Sign in to follow this  
hello2shine

Sphere Goodie

hello... just wanted to ask in using the sphere goodie, when i already trapped the beast and got the transfigurine for ean, when i went back to the cottage, the squirrel is already gone, where can i find the squirrel again? tnx.. :)

The squirrel will only be there until you've trapped the beast. You won't see him again.

Here's a screenie, showing you where you need to stand (make sure you're facing in the same direction when you hit space, because I think facing any other direction will cause the game to hang).

spheregoodielocation.jpg

no. The squirrel just alerts you to the fact that there's something there. He warns you off, and when you come back from the beast, he's gone. What a great opportunity to see what he was guarding that was so precious!

Sorry to disturb you people again but I'm having a little trouble following up this goodies: I have delet. MAP 002.rx data, open the game, installed it and then went to the woodlands where you are supposed to talk to the squirrel because she is trying to hide something, but how do I do that (talk to the squirrel) and can't get it to stand still???, Am I so dump!!!!Please help./ Thanks /Skippy

Agreed. There should be a map image included with the goodie file that you downloaded. It shows you exactly where the goodie is hidden. It's just behind the woodsman's cottage, near the base of the trees.

Thanks all of you for your answers, now I started the game again, talk to the squirrell, trap the beast, turn into one but when I try to dig where the squirrel was the game just frozed on me. I did it 5 times again and always the same. Did anyone have this problem????Thanks/Skippy

The only reason I know of that the game would freeze here is if you've changed directions after getting to that spot.

Make sure you're facing left before you try and dig. Then you'll step backwards, dig, and discover the goodie.

Hello Shaz,the game freezes exactly at the point whre the beast steps backwards to start digging. I guess I will not be able to enjoy this cheat.Thanks anyway for all the help or do you or anyone else knows what to do????/Skippy

What's behind the beast when he tries to step backwards? If you walk up, then turn left and take a step forward, you should have one empty spot behind you. The beast steps back into that empty spot, digs up the hole, and gets the goodie.

If you're facing any other direction when you dig, I expect the game would freeze, but if you're facing left, it shouldn't.

If you're sure you're facing the correct direction (left) and it's still freezing, I'll get you to do one more thing for me. Can you go to the exact spot, and just before you dig, save your game and email me the save file? (shaz@amaranthia.com)

Actually I should fix this so it doesn't freeze at all. I'll look into doing that this afternoon.

Shaz, I try something else and it worked, I walk to the place bettwen the trees and the stone which is alone and then I walk to the place where the Squirrel was and was able to dig it out. I muss thank you all for all the help you gave me, and hope I could do something for you all but I know is not possible/Skippy

Glad you got it sorted out Skippy. Although I thought the way you just described was the ONLY way to get in. Are you saying you went in a different way?

I changed the goodie last night and sent it through to Amanda. Hopefully it'll be updated soon and people who download it in the future won't have the same problems.

Shaz, the way I was doing it was coming out of the Lear after killing the beast I would come up from the open area behind the Woodman's cabin and then step in the open space where the Sphere is from you may say south facing then east or the place where the Squirell was standing, this time I came in just like when you come into the wood for the first time and then step into the place where the Squirrel was between those trees and the big stone which is standing there alone.Anyway once more THANKS for everything and hopefully I don't have to botter you anymore./Skippy

I've seen in another post reply that even though you already have the beast transfigurine you can still dig near the tree stumps to get the goodie.

I know where the place is, I installed everything, replaced the file, etc.

But the squirrel wont stay still!

And I tried digging without asking and it still doesn't work!

What should I do to get the goodie?

I really need the Phoenix Sphere...

(I only have 6 karma pts.)

The squerrel that moves isn't the squirrel you're looking for. If you have the beast trasfigueine, then the squirrel has already run off to who-knows-where, but you need to turn Ian INTO the beast to be able to dig up the hole. The beast has claws and paws(hey, it rhymes!), and they're a big improvement from digging with your nails.

In other words, forget the squirrel, turn into the beast, and dig. :)

You mean the Beast transfigurine right?

Turn Ean into the Beast (transfigurine) then dig in that spot?

I just press Space/Enter right.........?

It won't dig?

(This is just to be sure)Is Ian(as the beast)the leader? I don't think it makes a diffrence, but mabey it does?

In case I missed something:

-Change Ian into the beast. Then make Beast-Ian leader.

-Go to the area where the squirrel was standing.(There's an image in the unzipped goodie file)

-Press space/enter/click on area where squirrel was.(And around it, to be sure)

And if it dosen't work, is there a text window that says anything, or anything at all? Or does it just not do anything?

Otherwise, you should probobly reinstsall the goodie. And when activating the goodie, be sure to be out of the area. Either in the woodman's house, or on the world map.

Oh, something is really strange.

It doesn't do anything.....

I did reinstall it and did everything you told me to do. Hm...

Just wondering, but have you tried it?

If you did, and if it worked, what did it say?

I have used the goodie a few times.

There has been problems with people understanding the instructions for the goodie. When I used the goodie:

I got the beast transfigurine after capturing the beast, and when I walked ouut of the beast's lair, there was an elf transfigurine on the path to the cottage, and I picked it up. I got out of the Shadow Woods, saved then quit the game, used the goodie as instructed below, got back to the cabin, made Ian my leader, used the transfigurine, and dug up the treasure.

I don't remember the exact words. I'll play the game until that part, use the goodie, and report back here. (Waring: This might take me somewhere around a half hour. In the meanwhile, you cn try to explore, level up, etc.)

PS Sorry it took so long to reply.

Edit: It took almost exactly an hour. My computer's running slow. I have to scan it.

Second Edit: Before the transfigureine, the squirrel was telling me it was guarding someting of great importance, and that no two-legs is ever going to know what it is. After the transfigureine, the squirrel was gone, Beast-Ean digs it up, Iya excaims that the spheres look like the ones the Oracle gave her, and that mebey she should try them.

I have used the goodie a few times.

There has been problems with people understanding the instructions for the goodie. When I used the goodie:

I got the beast transfigurine after capturing the beast, and when I walked ouut of the beast's lair, there was an elf transfigurine on the path to the cottage, and I picked it up. I got out of the Shadow Woods, saved then quit the game, used the goodie as instructed below, got back to the cabin, made Ian my leader, used the transfigurine, and dug up the treasure.

I don't remember the exact words. I'll play the game until that part, use the goodie, and report back here. (Waring: This might take me somewhere around a half hour. In the meanwhile, you cn try to explore, level up, etc.)

PS Sorry it took so long to reply.

Edit: It took almost exactly an hour. My computer's running slow. I have to scan it.

Second Edit: Before the transfigureine, the squirrel was telling me it was guarding someting of great importance, and that no two-legs is ever going to know what it is. After the transfigureine, the squirrel was gone, Beast-Ean digs it up, Iya excaims that the spheres look like the ones the Oracle gave her, and that mebey she should try them.

Hmmm... I just got the spheres, and I had no problem. Are you sure you insralled the goodie correctly?

-Right-click on "Start" and selcect "Explore"

-Go on the list of files on teh left, click Program Files, and in program files, click Aveyond 2. Or navigate to C:\Program Files\Aveyond 2\Data

-Right-click on Map002.rxdata, then select delete.

-Open your goodie onto your desktop.

-Cut/copy/drag the Map002.rxdata from there to C:\Program Files\Aveyond 2\Data

-Close. Start game. (Hopefuly you were outside of Shadow Woods)

Your goodie should work then. (Check the EXACT location of the goodie in the compression file)

If it doesn't work, I'll notify a mod.

Note: Be sure Ian is in Beast form and is leader before digging up the goodie.