Aveyond Studios Community
Oracle

Does Age Matter in Amaranthia?

Kenneth, yes, difficulties are inevitable as we age. However, you can live with it. Just keep a young attitude. I am in pain every day, but I do not let it slow me down! I'm in my 60s, and back in college!

So keep that young attitude, and you can defeat the inconveniences of aging.

@ s_tyong - That's the general idea! Each age phase has it's own joys and good sides. But a fact remains that we don't the value of a certain thing until we lose it. Those who do, enjoy the benefits of their age instead of wishing they were younger/older.

It's nice though, to have a place or a forum where you can interact with various people and learn about different types of opinions. So age definitely won't be an issue in Amaranthia ^^

@s_tyong and valy

Yep, I dunno it's sometimes happen to me too. Feels like I wanna be older but when I asked older people, they said, "I wish I were young again." Well, it's just like we haven't feel what they feel so me make a statement like that.

And nice to have a place on Amaranthia where we could interact with other people without seeing age. So it's not a problem here.

@Kenneth: You do, do you? I don't. It constantly surprises me how old I am, and how many years has gone since this and that. Age is just a number, and sometimes it's got nothing to do with how old you feel. Even that changes from day to day, sometimes you feel as old as time itself, and sometimes you feel like just a child in this world.

At times, when someone reminds me of my age, I suddenly start to feel melancholic. That may sound funny since I'm in college, but often do I wish to be a little girl again (even though in those times that little girl wanted to be older). Age isn't something that matters in most situations, but, like someone said it before me - maturity does. Now days it seems that we live our days/months/years without stopping for even a moment to think about lives, what has become of them and why, where did all our years go. And this is not anyone's fault, it's just the way we live in the 21st century.

Sometimes I feel a lot older than I really am, and vice-versa.

But, to answer the topic's question: as long as everyone is enjoying spending time here, playing games and discussing about them - age does not matter (although it may bother me at days to see more and more people younger than me) :oops:

There were never any age requirements for signing up here or on some of the other game development sites I'm on :D

@ lovinlife- One can never be sure, lol! There may just be any number of five year olds in this site who sign up but are not active in the forums ^0^

"There were never any age requirements for signing up here"

^ actually there was a requirement: you needed to either be or lie you were 13 to sign up on the forums. Don't remember if you need it for this forum incarnation but the purple site definitely needed it.

I wouldn't know about the age limit; I'm over the minimum for any site I've ever wanted to be a part of.

On the topic of 'does age matter':

Considering profanities are banned and any innuendo would simply be forgotten by children, I really don't think it matters on Amaranthia.

Outside of the site, maybe a little. I mean, I've had the argument before: In our society, going up to someone your age(that you know) and saying 'You look beautiful today' is not near as under-your-skin-creepy to most people as if your science teacher said the same thing......Gender aside. Though that can mean all new levels of awkward.

Back to on the site: I think maturity is the big one. I've never seen people on here get down to 'Your mom!' and most of them handle themselves as adults, whereas they might be still in lower middle-elementary school!

(And I've also seen someone admitting to being older who has some of the same opinions and thoughts as me. So there's the other side of my point.)

How would I know, you know? XD

However, if it was all stuck-up and hoity-toity, I wouldn't like Amaranthia. So I do appreciate the occasional lapse into 'Hah, don't Edward (Pendragon Prince) and Belf (Orc Princess) have to produce an heir?'

Just my two cents. =)

The best thing about games is their universal appeal. Ages 1 to 100 can appreciate and enjoy them. They unite people from all walks of life. Different countries, races, and of course ages can come together to appreciate a shared experience. It's the magic of gaming. So no, I don't think age matters one little bit. :)

Age shouldn't matter- I know of people who are 60 or 70 and they act like they're 20 or 30. I also know of people who are 15 and act more mature than some adults! People can't be looked at based on their age- if they were, then we'd all be the same when we're not! We're here because of our love of Aveyond, not because of how old we are. :)