Aveyond Studios Community
Oracle

Does Age Matter in Amaranthia?

@Magyk: I remember that when I first registered (in 2006-ish) and later, after the site crashed (in 2008 ), there was the [Are you above 13 years old?] question, which did not allow kids younger than 13 join. But I am pretty sure that that question hasn't been part of the registration form for a while now. Assuming that you can read and agree to the terms (which aren't even a lot to read, come on) you are allowed to join and follow the rules, no matter how old or young you are.

@Cakey: You are not the oldest. I am 17 and I still feel I am one of the youngest members.

I wondered the same thing. I thought I might be tooooo old. I have to say...as for the people I have encountered here I was very (pleasantly) surprised to find out some of their ages. There are alot of very talented, mature, and intelligent young people here. :)

Guest βeta

Well, I guess that I'm the youngest here! ;) Cuz I always do "childish" things because I'm younger than all of you.

I don't think I'm quite the oldest but I'm way past 11!

I am impressed by the span of ages here and also the internationality [hope it is not off topic to add that] AND how much computer savvy even the "very" young [whatever that means] have.

Like a lot of people, no, age doesn't matter in Amaranthia.

... Unless you're talking about babies and toddlers, who need their parents to post "their" thoughts - then maybe yes.

^ not in a mean-spirited tone.

i dont think age matters on this website. if i had a child, theres alot of places i wouldnt let them go on the internet, but id let them do anything they wanted on this website. no matter what age any one is here, were all a very positive community.

Well, in my opinion. I dont think age matters. I actually fell inlove my teacher who never had any girlfriend since birth!

PS: he's not gay okay :P

Grisel wrote:

Well, in my opinion. I dont think age matters. I actually fell inlove my teacher who never had any girlfriend since birth!

PS: he's not gay okay :P

Well, if age didn't matter, no one would have a problem with you even pursuing that love, or the teacher trying to pursue you. It does matter, those who are young are not mature enough to understand everything. Yes, there are exceptions but they are the exceptions that prove the rule.

Even a 21 year old isn't as mature as a 30 year old, in general.

bacman136 wrote:

i dont think age matters in amaranthia. in the outside world, i think it does.

Agree totally. I've had convos with people who are 50+ and people who are 14. You can't really tell the difference.

What matters is mutual self respect. I won't say maturity, because it's good to have fun at times too :P

I don't think age really does matter. When I first joined this community I was in 6 or 7th grade. I used to talk to everyone and no one really cared what age the other was. The only thing that mattered was that we all enjoyed playing the game and talking to each other. Now I'm in college and I still love the game and I believe that nothing has really changed.

yeah....age doesn't really matter.....

in fact,I think I fell so much in love with my almost-a-decade-older-dashing neighbor,that I literally cried on the shoulders of my psycho classmate on my neighbor's wedding day... :(

oh well....everything happens for the best!!! :)

Pffftttt

Sorry Cassy but this just kinda made me laugh. Ahem sorry, that's being inconsiderate of me V.V But I can actually sympathize with you (And how did that psycho mate of yours react?)

Anyways, cheer uppy! :D

Hmm imo, age doesn't really matter in AM, or on the internet in general. But in RL, it does; you're to show politeness and respect to anyone with age superiority regardless of their status or position. At least in my country.

And oh yeah, this can sometimes be unreasonable and annoying =/

@Meroko: I know it's funny,so you don't have to apologise...even my friends laugh at me because of that.. <-_-'>

but that doesn't make me less sad..:(

but I'm confident that I'll get over him....I think...

and my psycho classmate....he just....stood there rigid..like a statue,doing nothing......but when I finally calmed down,he said that I'll "find the one who's perfect for me" and that I "shouldn't cry over such a jerk"...

your comment made me laugh... :D ....I understand when you say "unreasonable and annoying"....they often take advantage of your politeness.....and if you retaliate, our generation gets blamed for being so "rude and impolite"...*rolls eyes*

Cass, my husband is more than a decade older than me (more than 2 actually). Age is definitely just a number. That being said, I don't know how old you are, but if you are under 18 it's not a good idea to date anyone who is over 18 until you are, as well. It can create major problems that will come back to haunt you or him/her later on in life.