Aveyond Studios Community
Oracle

Does Age Matter in Amaranthia?

You never know, kid. You never know. Stop sounding so snobby about your age. Age doesn't give you free pass to everything. I was the youngest kid in class and that didn't give me the excuse to act like a brat.

I don't think I'm quite the oldest but I'm way past 11!

I am impressed by the span of ages here and also the internationality [hope it is not off topic to add that] AND how much computer savvy even the "very" young [whatever that means] have.

Like a lot of people, no, age doesn't matter in Amaranthia.

... Unless you're talking about babies and toddlers, who need their parents to post "their" thoughts - then maybe yes.

^ not in a mean-spirited tone.

i dont think age matters on this website. if i had a child, theres alot of places i wouldnt let them go on the internet, but id let them do anything they wanted on this website. no matter what age any one is here, were all a very positive community.

Well, in my opinion. I dont think age matters. I actually fell inlove my teacher who never had any girlfriend since birth!

PS: he's not gay okay :P

Grisel wrote:

Well, in my opinion. I dont think age matters. I actually fell inlove my teacher who never had any girlfriend since birth!

PS: he's not gay okay :P

Well, if age didn't matter, no one would have a problem with you even pursuing that love, or the teacher trying to pursue you. It does matter, those who are young are not mature enough to understand everything. Yes, there are exceptions but they are the exceptions that prove the rule.

Even a 21 year old isn't as mature as a 30 year old, in general.

bacman136 wrote:

i dont think age matters in amaranthia. in the outside world, i think it does.

Agree totally. I've had convos with people who are 50+ and people who are 14. You can't really tell the difference.

What matters is mutual self respect. I won't say maturity, because it's good to have fun at times too :P

I don't think age really does matter. When I first joined this community I was in 6 or 7th grade. I used to talk to everyone and no one really cared what age the other was. The only thing that mattered was that we all enjoyed playing the game and talking to each other. Now I'm in college and I still love the game and I believe that nothing has really changed.

yeah....age doesn't really matter.....

in fact,I think I fell so much in love with my almost-a-decade-older-dashing neighbor,that I literally cried on the shoulders of my psycho classmate on my neighbor's wedding day... :(

oh well....everything happens for the best!!! :)

Pffftttt

Sorry Cassy but this just kinda made me laugh. Ahem sorry, that's being inconsiderate of me V.V But I can actually sympathize with you (And how did that psycho mate of yours react?)

Anyways, cheer uppy! :D

Hmm imo, age doesn't really matter in AM, or on the internet in general. But in RL, it does; you're to show politeness and respect to anyone with age superiority regardless of their status or position. At least in my country.

And oh yeah, this can sometimes be unreasonable and annoying =/

@Meroko: I know it's funny,so you don't have to apologise...even my friends laugh at me because of that.. <-_-'>

but that doesn't make me less sad..:(

but I'm confident that I'll get over him....I think...

and my psycho classmate....he just....stood there rigid..like a statue,doing nothing......but when I finally calmed down,he said that I'll "find the one who's perfect for me" and that I "shouldn't cry over such a jerk"...

your comment made me laugh... :D ....I understand when you say "unreasonable and annoying"....they often take advantage of your politeness.....and if you retaliate, our generation gets blamed for being so "rude and impolite"...*rolls eyes*

Really, Cassy! Wow u sure do hav some courage! m so sorry cass bt it makes me laugh also! M sure u can get over ur....bt tht stands thr tht age doesn't matter here. Bt I also agree wth Meroko abt reality....

Cass, my husband is more than a decade older than me (more than 2 actually). Age is definitely just a number. That being said, I don't know how old you are, but if you are under 18 it's not a good idea to date anyone who is over 18 until you are, as well. It can create major problems that will come back to haunt you or him/her later on in life.

I don't necessarily agree with automatically respecting anyone who is older than you. Don't get me wrong, I think everyone should behave in a polite and respectful manner towards others regardless of age, but I think that respect is something that should be earned, not just given away freely for no reason other than age seniority. Sadly, there are far too many elders who use the seniority=respect mores to get away with immoral acts.

@ms_rayvenn

you actually spoke my mind about all the being-older=respect-us-even-if-we're-wrong thing....it's really annoying...

just the other day,I was returning home from college by bus...and the "senior citizen" seat was occupied...a young lad,probably in high school,was seating in one of the remaining seats..but then,a middle-aged man got on,and literally forced the boy to get up from his seat,even though,it was not the "senior citizen" seat,cuz apparently,he and almost 70% of the public felt that he should "show respect to the elderly"

I mean,seriously...what the hell?? a few of us tried to protest,but obviously our voices got drowned because of the racket they were causing....I mean seriously,are these people jealous of us cuz we're YOUNG???? cuz that's NOT OUR FAULT!!! we're the ones who're acting like mature adults here!!!

anyway,I'm 19,actually,and there's not a chance that I'll get to date my neighbor,cuz he's married now!! :lol:

but thanks for the dating advice....I'll keep that in mind :)

U r so r8, cass! It happens wth me all the time....thy just order u n we r bound 2 even if thy r wrong...its really ridiculous! N we can't do anything abt it...Wht! The 1 u had crush on got married! Whn?

A while ago (I'm a bit more on topic on this matter).

And I agree that respect is something that needs to be earned not given away for free.

Well, just Friday I had an argument with one of my teachers who couldn't remember the exact year of a revolution and gave a wrong year. And I replied "um.. actually that was two years later" and he said that "I'm displaying a great lack of respect towards him". What? Srsly... he was wrong.. I was right and I'm the one who is impolite?

@Emma

In an ideal world, emma no one would be called impolite cuz everyone will empathize with others and understand their philosophies, but you know unfortunately for us, we are quite easily offended mostly if we care about what others think of us(and whatever is happening is in front of other people) and personally, i don't care about others thinking about me(or so i think ;) ), but you know there is still a small bad feeling anyways if somebody says i'm wrong(which might increase for me when i grow older).I can give you an example, everyone has stage fear, don't they. Now, imagine your teacher not being very open minded and someone telling him in front of his class that he's wrong(whatever he is saying comes out mainly because of embarrassment, defense mechanism kicks in). So, please empathize with him, it is his psychological state and he's lived with it too long to change it now.

I am not saying, you are impolite but keep their mind in your mind :S and think how will they react to it when you say it.

PS: Well, i passed through your stage, and i once even argued with my social science teacher about the subject being useless and she argued back in a cool demeanor. Now, she was an ideal teacher wasn't she?(Yeah she was quite friendly)