Aveyond Studios Community
Sign in to follow this  
MidnightPearl

Three the Hard Way

Oh that puzzle is really hard! :S It's not necessary to solve it to proceed though. You just need to talk to the 2 cultists and they will allow you to give up and move on after defeating them :) If you fight them, you'll just miss out on a sword (if I recall correctly) that will anyways become obsolete eventually and will be replaced.

@theAdept_Rogue

URGH!! That puzzle is really nasty (almost pulled my hair out of frustration :P). Just when you feel you are about to make a row, something else goes wrong and you never even get close solving it :x So I just fought the guards and ran away as fast as I could!! :lol:

@iya

Wow!! :o You solved the puzzle!! I must say...you are a GENIUS!! If you don't mind, could you explain (in detail) how you went about it, please?

@theAdept_Rogue

You just need to leave the room through the up, down, right or left exits a few times and then the monks will appear and give you the option of giving up and leaving after fighting them :)

@Aura

Lol

Actually I managed to solve the puzzle through trial & error and loads of luck :D I obviously don't remember exactly how I went about it and there's no way I am going back to solve that horrid puzzle (I'd rather fight the monks) :P

After North's master is killed, they have been tasked to find that person but i find him nowhere. I saw somewhere in the post that he will be found in North's house but when I go there, North's says, " I can't go there to face them yet".

I am stuck, can somebody help?? How can I trigger the story to go forward.

Aura wrote:

URGH!! That puzzle is really nasty (almost pulled my hair out of frustration :P). Just when you feel you are about to make a row, something else goes wrong and you never even get close solving it :x So I just fought the guards and ran away as fast as I could!! :lol:

LOL!! I went through the exact same thing! I was way too impatient to deal with that mind boggling puzzle and at the same time too curious to find out what happens next. Though now I feel that I should have another go at it just for fun. Luckily I have a save file at that point :)

theAdept_Rogue wrote:

Yeah, I tried going back to Cumberland to find the baron first, but there are 2 stupid guards saying we're not allowed to pass...

The town where you got the pirate quest is Cumberland (where Vance's mother is) and the town you're trying to enter (where the guards are not allowing you to pass through) is Halifax.

So just go to Carlisle, south of Cumberland and you'll find the baron near the bridge at the centre of the town :)

@latyss

GO FOR IT!! GOOD LUCK!!! :D

I guess I must be really bad at this, but I'm stuck right at the beginning of the game looking for North. I come to the crossroad with the sign

with the arrows and can't figure how to proceed thru the woods. I've tried the arrow combinations and end up back at the same place. Any help would be appreciated.

I must really be a dunce, I have tried following the arrows in all combination. I tried going across the top arrows and then the botton, I tried the bottom then the top, I tried up and down each column, I tried right to left and left to right hyst cant't get pass this point. It's very fustrating. What do I have to do ????

Yaaaaaaaay!!! I did it!! :celebrate: I finally managed to crack the tile puzzle in the Zebulon cult house in Burlington! :D

Here's the solution:

(NOTE - This is one of the many possible solutions)

In the 1st room

*Flip top

Flip left

Then move up (now you're in room 2)

Flip right

Then move right and move down to reach room 3

Flip top

Flip bottom

Flip right

Flip bottom

Then move up to proceed to the fourth & final room

Flip right

* The flip side can be changed by exiting the room and returning to it.

In case you're wondering about the treasure (of course you are XD), then highlight the text below to find out -

400 GP AND

A Claymore sword (Vance's best weapon). :D

:smileattack:

I did read the sign and followed the arrows, 5 times I end in front of the waterfalls, when I do the up arrow I end up back at the sign board. I just have a mental block here and can't seem to get past it. Sorry Thanks for your help.