Aveyond Studios Community
Sign in to follow this  
MidnightPearl

Three the Hard Way

I did read the sign and followed the arrows, 5 times I end in front of the waterfalls, when I do the up arrow I end up back at the sign board. I just have a mental block here and can't seem to get past it. Sorry Thanks for your help.

Just follow these directions-

Go up, down, left, left, down and left.

After following each of the first 5 directions, you'll end up at the same place i.e. signboard (just do not bother about it and continue on your path). If you end up at the waterfall, that means you made a wrong move...so you would have to restart.

Hope that helps! :)

latyss wrote:

Yaaaaaaaay!!! I did it!! :celebrate: I finally managed to crack the tile puzzle in the Zebulon cult house in Burlington!................A Claymore sword (Vance's best weapon)

:bravo: :bravo: :bravo: Awesome!! I take my hat off to you. YOU RULE!!

Now off to solve the puzzle and grab the treasure! :P

*opens game*

thanks @aisling...for your last tip. been able to get him...but i need now to go to some place (forgot the name)....where there are three options to choose from.. 1) pay fair for trip of sail...2)go through mountains and 3) from some checkpost...

which one should I choose?/ I would rather prefer to have better reward...does the story line changes if I choose either of them??

Yeah Bee, there are 3 routes to Dillon and the storyline does change depending on which one you choose (a three-way branching storyline hence, "three the hard way"? ;) ).

One way is to pay for a trip on the ferry in Colerian. The other way is to climb up Colerian mountain and the third way is through Upper Arcadia. I tried out all the 3 ways just out of curiosity as to how the story would have panned out had I taken another route. This is what I found out-

Ferry - The ferry route lets you unravel more of the storyline! You also gain an extra character Roper. She is a top ranking official in Duke Greene's army. This is the best path story-wise.

Colerian mountain - This is the shortest, cheapest (actually free) but worst way to Dillon. So do not cross over the mountain (you would be quite disappointed if you do) as there's nothing important up there (just one lousy long sword).

Arcadia checkpoint - This is the best way (gameplay-wise) by far. Bribe/trick your way past the gate guards to enter. Doing so lets you access a magic spell (levitation), that allows you to float across important areas in sidequests (but don't use it too often as it makes the game far too easy and takes the fun factor out of it). It also gives you an opportunity to get North & Clifton and later Fayette in your party much earlier (in the other 2 routes you meet them only after Duke Greene is defeated). It also gives you a chance to tackle Benson & Maulden and get all your hard-earned money and items back (yay!).

So the choice is yours!! ;)

I chose the Upper Arcadia way to Dillon. I figured that since it was the most expensive one, it is likely to be the most rewarding too (luckily I was right, otherwise I would have been flat broke :P). It was quite challenging but fun. After crossing it, don't forget to check out the forest (where Greene's weapon is situated) north of Fairfax before heading out to Dillon ;)

thanks iya...I would definitely like to try all three ways in future...but for now...I will heed ur advice and take that route.

@aura: I am not sure which place are you telling me but I will definitely gonna look out for the place u have mentioned above...thanks

I just went to that duke's house ( i think) which is heavily guarded...how can I get past them?? and when I went to that cave above...hey! what is with all the ladders in the cave? I just get lost with all those levers....as all of them look same...somehouse I managed to go to end...but it is blocked and there is a lock but I can't find a key...is it in the chest just on the side of entrance of the cave...can somebody help please?

I just went to that duke's house ( i think) which is heavily guarded...how can I get past them?? and when I went to that cave above...hey! what is with all the ladders in the cave? I just get lost with all those levers....as all of them look same...somehouse I managed to go to end...but it is blocked and there is a lock but I can't find a key...is it in the chest just on the side of entrance of the cave...can somebody help please?

Yeah, the key in that chest.

First of all you must find a rope in one of the caves. On the second level (just above the chest) there a blade of grass near the switch. Fling the rope from there to reach the chest.

Then you can be on your way :)

Hi Bee,

The place that you went to (which is heavily guarded) will not be accessible until the Duke is defeated. It leads to Estill...you'll need to go there later in the game.

Once you are out of the cave, you'll be able to reach Duke Greene's villa...and don't worry...this place is pretty isolated ;)

thank u both of u...u r a great help..

I did get something from a chest before but I am not sure if that was a rope...I will try going on a level above the chest and see...

@edit: I am daft.. I can't find a rope...where is it?? Can anybody tell me where exactly can I find it?

I bribed the guards at Upper Arcadia but when I reach the ones at the gate where the little girl is I can't get past them. I tried bribing them but they won't The ones at the cave just tell us to leave.

Did you go to Lower Arcadia? Did you meet North & Clifton at the inn there? If not do so...only then you'll be able to go through the cave.

And the other area (where the little girl is) will not be accessible at this point of the game.

Did you go to Lower Arcadia? Did you meet North & Clifton at the inn there? If not do so...only then you'll be able to go through the cave.

And the other area (where the little girl is) will not be accessible at this point of the game.

@iya: thank u..I will try that

@Aura: I have already met North and Clifton. So that's why I didn't find that guard in the cave. North is my active member but clifton is not. I wonder if I should have taken Clifton instead...anyway! I need to find that rope firts...thank u for ur help

I'm trying to get into the villa, I can get the 3 stones into position , but how do you move the one that's right by the water down into the top position ??

EDIT: I figured out how to get the stone into position. I'm now onto the villa.

dmak wrote:

I'm trying to get into the villa, I can get the 3 stones into position , but how do you move the one that's right by the water down into the top position ??

EDIT: I figured out how to get the stone into position. I'm now onto the villa.

Just in case someone else gets stuck there....

Follow these steps-

1) Move the fourth block (which looks like a M engraved on it) two places left.

2) Then go exactly above it.

3) Kick it down once.

4) Stand towards the left side of the stone.

5) Keep kicking it rightwards till it reaches the flower.

6) Set it into position. :)