Aveyond Studios Community
Sign in to follow this  
MidnightPearl

Three the Hard Way

I just started playing TTHW, and so far so good.

I :loving: games that are different. In this game, I noticed, the following aspects are unique from other conventional RPG's.

I like the idea of a hero who is not motivated by noble intentions at the beginning but only by money (very realistic!). It gives the story a different perspective and makes you want to explore more of the story to see how it develops.

The item shop system where items are sold to you based on the raw materials you deliver to them (through collecting different enemy parts, which will then be combined to create different things) sounds interesting.

The battle system isn't the usual "level up" type, instead it increases your stats randomly after fights. So if you attacked a lot, and then in the end your attack stat would increase or maybe you dodged quite a bit, and then your agility would improve. However, once an area is deemed too easy for you (by the game), you will not gain any stats, unlike "level up" games where (if you wished) you could waste days on end beating up easy monsters and still level up eventually.

Last but not the least, money in this game is SCARCE but that makes the game even more challenging (I enjoy playing hard games!). :D

@aura: I passed that cave and am heading dillon. But as u suggested I tried venturing that forest up north...but where exactly is this Duke Greene's weapon? Can I acquire this weapon and kinda equip it or...is it something else? I tried fighting few 'dillon knights'..and went to the area where there are two soldiers in a bridge who ask for something to get us pass?? Is it necesssary to go there before heading dillon?? Please guide me...thanks in advance!

It's optional to go to Fairfax forest before heading to Dillon (its a side quest). Actually, there's another reason for my suggestion to go there...see post #39 ;)

The two soldiers ask for Knight Insignia's to let you pass which can be aquired by fighting the six knights in that area. To reach the last one, you need to use Kanna's levitation spell. And no, you cannot acquire that weapon and equip it.

Hope that helps!! :)

Hrm, I need some help in installing it, I have no idea how to play it, I click the links, click 'open' on it, then let it load, and two folders pop up, and i clicked on one and it showed a bunch of other folders... I'll check if i'm wrong and just clicking the wrong links but if i dont find anything, Help me please.

rainbow wrote:

I just started playing TTHW, and so far so good.

I :loving: games that are different. In this game, I noticed, the following aspects are unique from other conventional RPG's.

I like the idea of a hero who is not motivated by noble intentions at the beginning but only by money (very realistic!). It gives the story a different perspective and makes you want to explore more of the story to see how it develops.

The item shop system where items are sold to you based on the raw materials you deliver to them (through collecting different enemy parts, which will then be combined to create different things) sounds interesting.

The battle system isn't the usual "level up" type, instead it increases your stats randomly after fights. So if you attacked a lot, and then in the end your attack stat would increase or maybe you dodged quite a bit, and then your agility would improve. However, once an area is deemed too easy for you (by the game), you will not gain any stats, unlike "level up" games where (if you wished) you could waste days on end beating up easy monsters and still level up eventually.

Last but not the least, money in this game is SCARCE but that makes the game even more challenging (I enjoy playing hard games!). :D

WOW!! :o Thats a LOT of info on what sets TTHW apart from traditional RPG's. Yeah, the battle system is really unique! It took me some time getting used to it. But now I consider it the best feature of the game since it lets you see more of the storyline faster (works great for someone as impatient as me! :P).

It saved me from the nuisance of running around aimlessly fighting a bunch of meaningless battles forever to level up. In fact, if you were to just play through the whole game just fighting what comes your way then your characters will never be behind in stats. Talk about good balance! :D

Everlong is one of my favourite games...but as far as I remember, you certainly have to train a "lot" (until the random encounters stop) before moving on to the next area to make sure your party does not get completly vanquished!

I don't mean to argue or anything...but I had mentioned that if you were to just play through the whole game (TTHW) just fighting what comes your way then your characters will never be behind in stats. You don't have to go out of your way to level up.

Oh, that battle is not like the usual fights. Here you lose a certain amount of HP even if you just come in contact with the Dillon soldiers.

But if you're talking about the ones which turn up randomly, I had mentioned (in post #38 ) that equipping the best weapons is the key in this game and it will take you far.

So lets just call it a truce. Chill! :D

After the guards denied me access to Burlington, I went to Halifax and got the 'Rescue Sardinia' task (the singer who's kidnapped by a dragon). But now I'm stuck at the Halifax lighthouse...there a room I can't seem to enter (blocked by 2 rocks).

I really need help! :(

hey! I am stuck in that cult's 4x4 colour square thingy...I just can't be able to arrange them in a row of same colour as required...can somebody help me with how to get past this?? Shall I beat the monks rather...but it says i will get better reward if I solve the puzzle....help me please!

thannks iya! I did just that although it was quite tiresome to get right flipping..anyway I did managed to get the prize. thanks to u and to latyss for that post..

now I need to choose between different location to travel...I chose a place where remaining duke's "Duke winston", area is...

Because it is a new area, I thought it would be interesting to explore.. I now wonder if there is a better order to visit these places...

To be honest..I was so bored going through that clip conversation where fayette told the team what to do next that I just skipped them by pressing spacebar quickly and to my bad luck...I saved the game above the most recent last saved game....now either I have to play from quite an early part of game to reach that conversation or just play around and see where it goes...Having said that...can you please be dear and let me know if I have missed any important part of info in that converstion? May be she did have indicated where I should go first next??

LOL Oh yeah, that cut scene was really lengthy. I too ended up missing a major part of the conversation... so I played blind so to speak :P

Anyways, it doesn't really matter where you go next. Feel free to explore all those 6 areas (in any order) COMPLETELY... you're bound to stumble upon something to trigger the story forward.

Also at the ship (where Fayette & Vance are deciding where to head out to) after you select a location, Vance hints about the areas to check out there, for example - if you select Durham Valley, he says "Hmm... from Durham Valley, we could go down to Kershaw, or if we're feeling suicidal, back into the dessert.

Hope that helps! :)

Hi aisling :)

Well, I did'nt have a problem there. The strategy I used was-

I used Vance's charge-up skill to increase his attack power. Vance's and Norths attack range was between 8-12 each. So I managed to take down each soldier in just 2 strikes i.e in one round since the damage inflicted by both Vance and North totalled upto 16-20 ( I guess the soldiers HP was 15).

Plus the soldiers dropped quite a few tonics (2-3). So make sure to heal your party after every fight and you'll manage just fine.

As for the reinforcements, the trick is kill them fast i.e in the first round (at least the first soldier) so they don't get a chance to call for reinforcements and even if they manage to do so, it just means they lose their turn to attack and you get more tonics :P

@aisling: I heeded to yor advice and tried leaving but 2 guards stop me by saying "We're under strict orders. No one is allowed past this point until the situation is resolved."

So I guess I'll remain stuck in that lighthouse until I rescue Sardinia. Can someone help me, please?