Aveyond Studios Community
Sign in to follow this  
MidnightPearl

Three the Hard Way

@aisling: I was talking about the guards near the 2 wells north of the lighthouse. Also North stops me from going back to Halifax. So I had nowhere else to go but back to the lighthouse...anyway I'll check that spinning wheel you mentioned about...thanks.

@aisling: I was talking about the guards near the 2 wells north of the lighthouse. Also North stops me from going back to Halifax. So I had nowhere else to go but back to the lighthouse...anyway I'll check that spinning wheel you mentioned about...thanks.

Edit: YAY!! It worked! Who would have thought that the spinning wheel had a hidden switch? Thanks a ton, aisling! :D

@Bee: I had a save file at that point...so I checked it out...

The coversation was about hunting down the 7 Kabitsu Lords and trying to guess where they could possibly be hiding. Vance & co decide to go to Estill for Orrum and Lumbee Forest to get the king's Kibou sword and also to the library in Bragg for some info. And Kanna suggests going to the shrine of Tharsele.

Since they have no idea about where the others (Kabitsu Lords) could be...they decide to check out these places first hoping to get some more clues on their journey.

@latyss: thanks latyss! you are a lifesaver...I replayed from last saved game and went to estill first and killed orrum.. I think I will now headover to Duke Winston place as I found that place quite refreshing! I will next go to find that sword you said. In that place, I remember I was stuck in a cave in a forest last time where there was some hint like 3.00 9.00 12.00.... what is this? What should I do to make this gate open?

@Iya: I think you are right when you said, i can choose any order of location to visit..this is quite amazing in the sense we don't need to follow a single pattern...like before where we had three options to reach duke greene...once again the game is giving US a chance to decide where to go next..and story alters as per se...I love this game.

@pokemon: I don't know what you mean when you said i only need to kill 3 lords instead of all seven...all I can think is how?? May be I can understand it as I play the game

You're welcome :)

Since you seem to like Mayodan so much...you could visit Ehrhardt (south of Mayodan)...who knows, you might come across one of the Kabitsu Lords there...

And about that cave...you just have to go around that area clockwise (3.00, 9.00, 12.00) or anti clockwise as the hint may state.

Good luck!

I have killed Duke Green, but I have never gotten the rescue Sardania task. I have come to a a sign that says Wilmington or Richland. There are 2 caves, 1 had a chest another has fire in it which I have never gotten thru. I also have never gotten to Richland . Any suggestions.

pokemon_neo wrote:

Note: You can only hunt 3 Kaibutsu Lords instead of all of them. It's not really important killing Ramseur because he will actually die eventually after Fayette's birthday.

Are you sure that only 3 Kaibutsu Lords need to be hunted down? Because I had to kill 4 of them before the story triggered forward to Fayette's birthday...

Well, as far as I remember, just 4-5 times. After completing each round correctly, you hear a ping sound...then you have to check that board for the next hint and follow it accordingly and so on...till the gate finally opens.

dmak wrote:

I have killed Duke Green, but I have never gotten the rescue Sardania task. I have come to a a sign that says Wilmington or Richland. There are 2 caves, 1 had a chest another has fire in it which I have never gotten thru. I also have never gotten to Richland . Any suggestions.

You get the 'rescue Sardinia' task very early in the game.

NOTE: You have to explore ALL the areas COMPLETELY and speak to EVERYONE to come across these side quests. You won't get any if you just rush through this game.

To get Rescue Sardinia side quest-

1)When you're denied access to Burlington (after completing the first 3 bounty hunter jobs from Lauren), return to Branchville, a guy there advises you to head down to Cumberland.

2)Once there, you'll meet Vance's mother who'll help you get past those guards.

3)Then go to the inn in Halifax and speak to Vance's mother to receive the quest.

And even Wilmington or Richland... is part of a side quest...one of the bounty hunter jobs (that is optional) that you receive from Florence...

Hope that helps :)

@pokemon_neo: Do you know the locations of all the Kaibutsu Lords? I would like to hunt down the ones that I missed out on the first time around.

Yeah, I am replaying TTHW to try out the ferry route. :D And also to do all the side quests that I didn't come across in my first playthrough. I'd blame it on the story being so good that I couldn't wait to find out what happens next, that I ended up concentrating only on the main quest :P

These are the places that the Kaibutsu's are hiding.

Ramseur: Lumbee Forest

Manteo: Southern desert below Orangeburg

Iva: In an island (I forgot it's name)

Orrum: Estill

Catawba: Tharselle Shrine

Elko: Erhardht

One of the Kaibutsu Lords are dead, so there are just six of them left.

Correct me if I'm wrong. I forgot the name of the places. :)

I have already killed the following three

Orrum: Estill

Catawba: Tharselle Shrine

Elko: Erhardht

When is this birthday of duchess and when will they get stranded?? I am planning to travel next to meet manteo.. I met him in that shrine and he said he will be found somewhere...but I forgot....but which port should I select??

I had been to Cumberland mountain. Gosh! how I HATE that place...its been the most confusing and frustrating area I have ever been to...neither could I reach the destination nor could I get out of that wretched place... I was completely lost! :(

The only advantage of going there was finding a MP ring which I gave Fayette (thanks latyss for this suggestion...it really helped).