Aveyond Studios Community
Sign in to follow this  
MidnightPearl

Three the Hard Way

Yeah I did but for some reason I can hit both Rowland and Morven when I'm next to them (not face-to-face) but when I did that when Kenley it won't hit him at all and he keeps getting two points until I lose. I managed to get two points at max and I need to hit him face-to-face

OK I'm at Campobello and ARGH!!! I can't decided if I should take the ferry or Arcadia route >_< I think the Arcadia one is the BEST because you get to recruit with North and Clifton faster and you'll have that levitating Grimorum for Kanna and you can collect all of the Rune Tablets (I think) but I've already went that route before...

And the ferry route is... well... I think it's too 'boring' even though it's 'story-wise' >_<

Arghhhh I can't choose!!! >-<

True, gameplaywise Arcadia path is the best. But if you haven't checked out the Ferry one earlier, I suggest opting for it. You may be in for a suprise ;)

Not only would you get to meet Roper (additional PC) who's quite an interesting character but also 'missing' pieces of story will be revealed. It's up to you :)

In terms of rewards the Arcadia route is cleary the best route to take. It's unforunate that the routes are so slanted in favour of one of them.

Arcadia route: You get to kill B&M for all the stuff they stole from you and get Kanna the levitation grimoire. This let's you get all sorts of secret goodies. Also allows you to get to Teachy without needing to walk around randomly (well that's how I find him when I don't have the book, if you got the book you just need to take every leftmost [or rightmost, can't remember which direction now] passage and you end up in front of a chasm over lava. Kanna floats you over and you just go straight to Teachy). You get a bit of plot in this route too.

Ferry route: You get a new character going this route. Roper isn't too useful through imo, and I think you need to choose between taking her or Clifton at the very end if you also got Tatum in your party. The main reason to take this route is because there is a lot of plot here and shows you how screwed up Greene really is.

Mountain route: The worst route to take. Any loot you find walking up the mountain you can get backtracking on the other routes (and there's nothing that's really good) Also, I think this is the only route where you have to Greene with only 3 party members. You're rewarded with a nothing good, little plot and a very hard fight. The only thing great about this route is the scene after you beat Greene. Matteo popping out behind Greene at the end and 1-shotting him and Vance commenting to himself, 'Typical, trying to make Matteo look more badass by finishing Greene' or something like that. Hilarious.

Overall, take Arcadia if you want the best in game rewards and ferry route is you want plot. Go mountain route only if you want to clear the route once and see what there.

Actually, I've taken all routes but ended my game with the Arcadia one. And you can always have Roper even if you haven't taken the ferry route. (by beating Orrum of course)

So yeah I'm taking the ferry route >.< lmao I still managed to get the long sword and derrancivil-something essence in the Colerain mountain and still get to go the ferry route xP

Ivana wrote:

And you can always have Roper even if you haven't taken the ferry route. (by beating Orrum of course)

Wow, really? How? On the other routes, I only got to meet her but she didn't join my party... Orrum was one of the KB's I defeated every time I played.

Ba-bump.

OK since everyone in the game knew Vance was from Somerset because of his strong accent, I was curious how a Somerset accent would sound like so I did a little research.

http://www.somerset3d.co.uk/speakinzummerzet.htm

“Ere, theart nu ere arh’un”?

“Hey, you’re new here aren’t you”?

Some good Anglo Saxon here with 'Theeart' (Thee as in you and Art as in are).

Dude, just imagine if someone actually did a voice-over for the characters! We'd probably have no idea what Vance is talking! :o

And... Vance would sound weird. Just imagine, him, insulting random passerby and you have no idea what he just said. :S Totally kills the point of his rude attitude. :S

For the TTHW fans out there currently waiting for The Queen's Court, why not try playing a game while you're waiting?

http://www.amaranthia.com/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=856&forum=21

It's called 'The Way', has 6 episodes in total. I've heard a lot of praise about this game, and some, even said beat TTWH. :o

Umm ya that's it for advertising this game lulz (er not because I'm stuck in the game and want help or anything lol ha ha ha...)

So um tell your fellow gamers to play this! Who knows, it'll probably reach page 77 for all of the theories ;P

Actually the Way was very similar to TTHW except for the mapping. The mapping of The Way is way better and the plunge system was impressive. But TTHW has much higher replayability value

When asked which is the "best classic RPG game ever", I would have expected people to say, "Def TTHW.", instead it was "The Way."

Although I agree The Way's mapping is way better (makes you feel like you're 'really' exploring the whole forest >< ), the places you can explore are somewhat... limited. :/

And while both themes are similar to each other (the heavily-emphasized insinuations about "our lives" - "wanderers", "the Purpose" for The Way, "the Govan", "Kaibutsu" for TTHW), TTHW's more mind-blogging and makes you go, "I did NOT see that one coming!" xd

Just my two cents xd

Hi, has anyone encountered this issue before?

When escaping from the attack on Burlington, I get stuck in front of the fire sprite and get continuously attacked by the soldiers and can't move until my entire party is killed off.

Even then, the game refuses to end and I've to press Alt + F4 to quit.

Is there any way to avoid this? If not, I'm giving up on this game as it's the 3rd to 4th time this has occurred. It's really annoying, an absolute time waster and since I can't save anywhere, I see no point in redoing the entire "escape route".

Update: issue solved. Not sure how or why but it might have been 'cos I installed the RTP packs.

Hi, sorry for double-posting.

Here's a question: Benson took away all my inventory after that fight in the desert. Will I get it all back?

Thanks for the info and that sucks! I didn't even use the scroll and that essence yet.

Okay now I'm going to give up on this game. :) Writing just isn't strong or interesting enough to keep me playing. Looks like the game creator didn't think through the implementation of certain events either. I'm not a fan of moments like these, where they're introduced without any warning. It's tedious if you've to replay certain stages.

The plot sure can be interesting. There're tons of twists and factors in this game but there is no common thread to really link it all. Also, I'm now in the final act and the only thing I really know after all this is that "everyone's making use of one another".

Also, you can throw in a lot of characters and factors but without introducing them properly, the writing just goes out of balance too. There's also not enough development for some of the main cast and rather, it feels like I'm playing a game about certain concepts and point of views about politics and other themes.

I did enjoy the removal of grinding and I really liked that the battles are linked to upgrading of stats. Also, many of the puzzles were fun.

Oh well, thanks for your help! :)