Aveyond Studios Community
Sign in to follow this  
MarianFrae

IMPORTANT NEWSPAPER ANNOUNCEMENT

Ladies and gentlemen of the Amaranthian public, the newspaper staff is finally ready to put out another paper... but we need your help.

Many members of our staff had gone missing or just left the site. Below are positions needing to be filled. Please review them and ask any questions you need. If you wish to fill a position, please send ME a PM stating which position and why you think that'd be a good position for you.

Remember, this is a newspaper. While there will be edits done, I expect an attempt at good grammar and spelling as well as a willingness to proofread your article before submission.

IF ENGLISH IS NOT YOUR FIRST LANGUAGE: We understand. In the past, those whose native tongue was not English were not expected to have perfect grammar and they did not get in trouble for many mistakes. Any problems were brought up in a question and then made understandable along with the writer. Just make sure you let me know. ;)

POSITIONS

[d]Game Reviewers[/d]

(three positions of three filled)

Each month, a game reviewer will play either an amaranth games or homemade games game and review it based on storyline, characters, graphics, and suitability for children(a rating like 14+ along with brief explanation).

[d]Music Reviewers[/d]

(three positions of three filled)

Each month, a music reviewer will review music of their choice. See previous articles for an example.

[d]More Story/Poem/RP Reviewers[/d]

(five positions of five filled)

Each month literary reviewers will review a poem, story, or roleplay based on quality, difficulty, grammar, spelling, willingness to correct, and storyline/flow.

[d]Copy Editor[/d]

(positions filled)

Someone to aid me in checking articles for grammatical, factual, and spelling errors.

[d]Guild Member Interviewer[/d]

(position filled)

Columnist who would interview one member of each guild each month.

[d]Recipes[/d]

(position filled)

Gather a recipe or two each month and submit them.

Story Features(always taking)

Authors wishing to have their stories or poems featured in the paper. Can be anything from a short story to a saga which would be spread over multiple months.

Comic Features(always taking)

Artists who wish their comic to be featured in the paper.

Personal Ads

People with announcements, wishes, etc who wish for their 'ad' to be in the newspaper.

Taking freelance at all months. After 5 articles or, by request, freelancers will be added to the permanent staff(and therefore be given access to the newspaper staff forum) but not be expected to produce an article every month.

I'm willing to do Game reviews, as long as they don't have to be specifically from this community. because honestly, not enough games are made here for that to last long. I'm also willing to work with another person on this, we can both do reviews of the same game, and have more of a conversational back and forth, or just a regular column.

I'm wanting three or more reviewers in each category so that no one gets overloaded like we have before.

As long as the only games you have to buy are from Amaranth Games, then I don't care where you get the game. :)

I think that the games put there have to be tested in priority to be fair, but naturally that if we want to be sure to make that section live, we have to be sure to have enough subjects to do so on the long range.

I also agree it's quite a good idea to test the same game with somebody else, which would provide different perceptions to fit more people tastes at last :)

And also be sure to test different kind of games too, to offer a larger choice of possibilities for the ones who want to try them later, so far they trust us ;)

Anyway, it has to be openminded commented and never negative, since we aren't there to hurt anybody's feeling.

Well, as I'm used to tell at work : "any constructive criticism is always good to be heard"

:lol: manager's speach, but really true in fact and also taken in account for myself too ;)

Mmm... an article can be negative overall(such as in the case of a bad game) but you need to point out some good points of the game and always have at least one thing that could have been improved. Things have to be explained. We're not going for "The graphics were always sucky and the music made my ears bleed." OR "The graphics were how the world should be at every point and the music made me warm inside." Neither is a true review. ;)

As for working together- that will be up to the reviewers. One reviewer will be assigned a month, but they can choose to work with others or even switch. That stuff will be further discussed on the forum.

You're both added to the staff. :)

@lrcy: you mean a sticky for club announcements? Imo, there's far to many clubs. Sides, does there really need to be an announcements? None of the clubs are doing anything extremely special that warrants a sticky.

If you mean in the newspapers: Again, the amount of clubs would make that impractical as the list of announcements would probably be longer than all the articles combined.

if editing = proofreading, I can probably help you out with that. What kind of time commitment, and how often, do you expect it to require?

@shaz editing does mean proofreading. It's 2-4 days out of each month.

@clubs- Guilds only get news when they actually give the paper something. It's mainly for upcoming events that are too far away for them to make a post but close enough they want to start excitement. None of the clubs have that. ;) Though, there are "personal ads" which the clubs could take out were they to have an announcement they wanted in the paper.

*look back at the first post to see the edit*

I'd be willing to do a story, rp, or poem review if you trust me enough with it. If you prefer a more experianced reviewer I understand. I'm pretty young. :)

@phoenixilia: You will make a music review with walzmusic then. PM Marian too so you can grant access to the newspaper forum (if you havent yet).

Be aware of the deadline. 12-03-08.

Alright. We will be taking only the ff. this time. (Marian, if you don't mind)

Authors wishing to have their stories or poems featured in the paper. Can be anything from a short story to a saga which would be spread over multiple months.

Personal Ads

People with announcements, wishes, etc who wish for their 'ad' to be in the newspaper.

Taking freelance at all months. After 5 articles or, by request, freelancers will be added to the permanent staff(and therefore be given access to the newspaper staff forum) but not be expected to produce an article every month.

[d]Is there any more postions left for game reviewers? Good Luck on the newspaper![/d]

EDIT: Oh nnevemind I just noticed the postions been filled sorry!

Please pay attention to the positions still available. At the moment, there does not seem to be a need for any more columnists. If you wish to still be involved, however, you can look back at the list and see if you can fit in there.

Here are the available positions for the Newspaper.

*copies a portion of Marian's post

Personal Ads