Aveyond Studios Community
Sign in to follow this  
Ryo-Kun

Eternal: Once Upon a Time (Demo V 1.30 Released!)

... *headdesk* ... Ryo's sorry everyone... Ryo's computer got wiped and he lost the entire project... For now... Eternal will have to be cancelled... Ryo's so sorry...

Kidding! x3333 Happy April Fool's Day everyone! :3 No, the computer was not wiped and all the files are intact. Ryo's been working on it lately. Not enough work to produce a new demo but... a good amount. x3

P.S. If anyone wants the rest of the demo, Ryo has a save that picks up at the end of where the last demo left off (after the well) If anyone wants it. Of course, that means you miss all the wackiness in the well if you haven't played that part in the previous demo. x3 Just e-mail Ryo at videogamesarecool (at) yahoo.com and ryo'll send the save file. :3

The fiddler bats? x3 They're over the bridge after the healy thingy. x3

From the entrance to the dungeon, go south 2 screens, east 1 screen, south another screen, and then take the northeast path. Then just go across the bridge. :3

THAT WAS PURE AWESOMNESS

The last bit with Keru = =DDDDDDDDDD

Can't wait until the next demo!

HELP WITH GAME:

Well, after looking through e-mails and realizing it was in my inbox instead of in some folder, I found Ryo's fix-the-game e-mail. xD

In order to play the new demo, download this demo-

http://www.mediafire.com/?mmnilnodxvg

Unzip it (I use 7-zip), and play! xD

Thanks for posting that, Elly~chan! x3

And Ryo found some new scripts...

One of them did this! 8DDD

width=300http://i413.photobucket.com/albums/pp215/YorikiNagano/BattleFix.jpg[/img]

x3 See the cool new battle window?

(NOTE: The reason why that characters have high HP and the backround is black cause this was a test battle done in the editor. )

Ok! Ryo did something he's been wanting to do... MAKE A MINIGAME! >:3

It doesn't involve any scripts or anything so it's somewhat simple. Basically, you have to catch doves as they pass by you. It's not that easy though. There are bats flying around too and they take away points from your score when you catch them. Once 30 seconds pass, the game is over and the points are tallied. You then get a prize based on how many points you get. x3 It's simple, but it was fun to make and pretty easy to play. Ryo hopes everyone will enjoy it when the time comes.

Here's a screenie of it in it's current state.

width=300http://i413.photobucket.com/albums/pp215/YorikiNagano/DoveCatcher.jpg[/img]

What ya' think?

--------------------------------------------------

And juuuuuuust in case this post goes to a new page, here's the link that Elly~chan posted before to get the demo working.

In order to play the new demo, download this demo-

http://www.mediafire.com/?mmnilnodxvg

Unzip it using your preferred "un-zipper" and play the game. In order to bypass the crash, be sure to load the save included in the link.

--------------------------------------------------

Sorry for the double-post but this is sorta important.

Ryo's laptop charger randomly broke. Ryo tried to move the Eternal files over to his home computer but the laptop died mid-transfr. x.x So, yeah... Eternal is hereby postponed until Ryo gets a new laptop charger and/or battery. Luckilly, the laptop's still under warrenty so it shouldn't take too long. o.o

On a brighter note, Ryo's been working on maps on paper. It's coming out.. ok... O.o ...

Ryo figured since it was an actual update it would be alright to double-post.

Okies, Ryo managed to get the files off of his laptop with the help of his friend's laptop charger. WOOT! x3

In celebration, Ryo whipped up a new town! 8D It's an elven village the party visits later in the game. :3

width=300http://i413.photobucket.com/albums/pp215/YorikiNagano/YggdrasilForest.jpg[/img]

Only one screenie cause Ryo doesn't want to spoil it too much. x3

EDIT: WOOT! Ryo working on a scene now... and... after it's over... Ryo can add Keru to the party! 8DDD

x3 Cause Ryo's lazy... here's a quote directly from the latest updates section!

"Woah, been a while, hasn't it? xD Well, in case anyone's wondering... yes, progress isbeing made. Meliara castle's just about done, all that's left is a few more scenes and then whoosh! Done with that place for good! xD... Or at least until the story takes the player back there... After this, we can start working on an old ruined mansion, the calm Lake Serenus, and the Kodorian Mountain pass! : D Who's excited!?"

In other news, Ryo thinks he might update the website soon... Just so it's neater. Some of the screenies are pretty old too... And there's a lot of characters who have yet to be announced. :3 Also, Ryo's terribly sorry for anyone who's still having trouble with the new demo. >.> It's really odd how it won't work... maybe it's Ryo's laptop? Ryo'll try compressing and extracting it on his home computer and see if it works better. ;3;

And just cause Ryo's curious... POLL TAHM! :D

http://www.learnmyself.com/poll46736x5d374317

There's been a whole lot of work done yesterday and today. ~o~ Ryo's been working on the Kodorian Mountains and Ryo must say... They're coming along quite well. :D The outside portion of the Kodorian Mountain Pass is a 125 x 100 size map with all sorts of cliffs, bridges, and ridges. owo The inside of the pass will be made up of approximately three 100 x 100 maps. Each of these will contain all the confusing caves and dead ends that make up the Kodorian Mountain Pass. >:D It's actually quite fun to map.

Current Progress of the Mountain Pass:

Outside map - 1/1

Inside Maps - 1/3

Eventing - ?/?

Monsters - 0/?

So... there's a lot left to go, but a lot has been done. xD

Ryo doesn't feel like mapping anymore right now so... Ryo's gonna go mess with the website! :D

EDIT: Okies, the entire characters page as been re-done. Many of the character bios have been re-written and the facesets have been replaced by one face and a sprite. The screenshots page won't be updated until Ryo finds some new screenshots to take.

OMG i havent checked this in a loooong time >.<

aw well, i'd like to download the demo but i'm not really supposed to download too many things on this computer T.T oh well, i guess i'll just wait until you complete the game and then download it :/

good luck with the game, anyways ^^ i'll be waiting :)