Aveyond Studios Community
Sign in to follow this  
Ryo-Kun

Eternal: Once Upon a Time (Demo V 1.30 Released!)

...Is there a reason I don't recognize this? Am I behind in the demo/missed something, or is this a scene that hasn't really been... released, I guess?

Either way, it looks good, looking forward to more~! I should really finish the demo...

Well, it's possible. If Ryo uploaded the map data and Elly switched it with map data in the folder... but... That'd mess up and probably crash the game. xD So let's not do that.

lol. It's been a month since you posted that, and you still haven't updated it to make it worthwhile. XD Has there been any recent progress on this?

Oh, wow... Uh... Phew... Um...

Hey, guys! ...

So... How ya been? ...

Um, yeah.

So anyways, it sure has been awhile. I'm terribly sorry for the... uh... break... in progress. I've just been terribly busy, you see: a lot of drama, work, school, etc.

Anyway, once again, I'm terribly sorry for this extended, un-announced hiatus. I really haven't gotten much physical or presentable work done in this long span of time. However, before you all throw things at me, I have gotten work done on character depth, story, ideas, etc. Pretty much, in my spare time (i.e. in the shower, while trying to fall asleep, during classes) I have been brainstorming and doodling things. I've got a few notepad documents filled with ideas and a few doodles of designs and such.

So! In other words!

I'm re-making stuff.

I don't mean I'm re-making maps (Well, not all of them.) because most of them are fine the way they are. I plan on re-writing scenes, adding stuff, and maybe even putting in some nice CGs or something. Who knows?

So work will begin to pick up on Eternal soon. I mean it. I'm gonna start getting some work done on it now.

Well, I will see you all later; I'm off to do stuff.

Ryo~! :D

Through a combination what seems like your busy-ness, and my inactivity, I haven't seen your in forever D: So nice to see a post of yours! :D

Like always, I'm interested in any progress you make on this game and will definitely continue my following of this thread.

So, just to show that I have been working on the game since my last post, have a screenshot. Wondering what this might be? Well, this is the newly-mapped for the third time house of our meat-loving ninja friend. Yes, I mapped it again. But! I didn't do just that; I also re-wrote all of the scenes that take place within it's walls. I took out any unnecessary or redundant dialogue and altogether made the scenes flow better. I'll be moving on soon to bigger and better maps and such soon.

width=300http://i41.tinypic.com/208cjyu.jpg[/img]

Elly, it's great to see you again too. :o I'm glad you didn't forget about the game and stuff.

EDIT:

Can I just say that the sliding doors are possibly my favorite part of her house. Really, they are. I love them.

Heh... Sorry again, everyone. But good news; I have been working on the game. I mean, I've had competitions, shows, trips, and auditions to deal with, but I still managed to work on Eternal. I've fixed a few bugs, typos, and movement commands. I'e added stuff, and, overall, I've just been working to up the quality of the game as well as keep on trucking through the storyline.

This is just an update to let you guys know I'm not dead.

I'm sorry for, once again, disappearing. I've been busy with more shows and such. Regardless, I have been working on the game. Got a few more areas done. Re-mapped some stuff. Re-evented some stuff. Worked on character development stuff and how I want to work that out in-game. It's coming along. I'll get ya screenies when I get a chance.

@Beginners -

Yes, I was aware. Thank you though. The problem is that I don't believe I have the old demo files backed-up... at least not on my current computer. Looks like I'll just have to release another demo once the game's in working condition. Darn me and my needs to re-map and re-event old things.

Guest βeta

YAY! New Maps = New Places!

Edit: Based on the screen shots, I'm gonna ask a question. Are you using Vista or Windows 7? I see the transparent upper part. I experienced Vista and Win 7.

Sorry if it is :offtopic:

It's great to see some posts from you! :D Life can get hectic, but it's awesome that you've managed to make progress on the game nonetheless.

The maps are very impressive, and I look forward to any more updates on the game!

@Beginners -

I used to have Vista, but I currently have Windows 7.

@deava_agas -

Thanks! If there's anything I've been trying to improve on, it's my mapping quality.

@Elemental -

Hey, Elly! I'm glad you're still on the ride.

By the way, did you ever finish the old demo?

Well, I don't know if I can reupload the version 1.20 Demo cause I'm not sure if I still have it; however, if I finish re-mapping the Noble District in Meliara and playtest up to the end of the Ancient Temple, I should be able to upload a new demo. It should be exactly the same as the old demo, just with some better maps, bug/typo fixes, and stuff. I'll get on that.