Pandaba

Pandaba - Myth Xaran

Developer: Pandaba

Myth Xaran

(pronounced: Myth Zuh-ron)

Platform: Windows PC

Engine: RPG Maker 2003

Developer: Exodus Studios

Rating: Everyone 10+ (mild violence & language)

Genre: Roleplaying/Fantasy/Action

Players: 1

Release Date: 2009.03.22

Story

The world of Exodus is a place of mystery and intrigue. Similarly, the will of the gods hold no limits beyond a mortal's understanding. Within a darkened sect of the world, a new light shines upon an effigy of paradise through the eyes of an unknowing tortured soul. With this promised new creation given to him, life also begins -- and a chapter is ready to be written.

You begin as a Fiend of darkness who soon sees the light of the good Goddess, and is given a chance to redeem yourself through the creation of a new land in the world while having to counter and avoid the repercussions of your master. As the land is formed, you then take up the role of an adventurer whose story, over time becomes intertwined with the histories of this place as you stop a growing threat which has brought famine and strife over your home kingdom of Gauromaund.

Screenshots

25jy2ol.jpg

b4izv5.jpg

2h2p7b9.jpg

n14j1i.jpg

2w4z4ib.jpg

20p4ke8.jpg

bi7yol.jpg

13ygcoi.jpg

Features

* Classic, console-style role-playing game for the PC

* In-depth storyline with nostalgic gameplay

* Various puzzles and side-quests which provide hours of entertainment

* Raise a dragon

* Over 200 different areas to explore

Download the game!

Please go to http://www.exodus-studio.com to download the game.

Credits

Producer - Rebecca Long (Pandaba)

Level Designer - Rebecca Long (Pandaba)

Graphics - Andrew Lee, Charas-project, First Seed Material (Mack & Blue), SammyGamer (Kili)

Music - Nelson Whitaker

Engine - Enterbrain

Testers - Shoji Ramuro, Mads Lundbak Severinsen, Ross Benjamin Leland

© 2007-2008 Exodus Studios

www.exodus-studio.com

The game is about 60% done so far. I've went ahead and set a release date to be around winter/early spring of this year but it may be pushed back a bit depending on how long the beta testing process will take. It's going to be a long game, so it might take a while to betatest everything properly. The biggest part of this game that I was afraid wouldn't work well was the Dragon Breeding minigame stuff, but things turned out pretty well. Of course things are a bit linear since I have limited resources with RPG Maker 2K3, but I'm hoping to do something a little better when I have access to a better engine to attempt to do something like this again.

Once the game has been completed, I'm going to go back and fix the music.

Here are some new screens:

fxdq13.png

4t258x.png

Looks interesting.

I sure want to see what effigy is/means? ;)

It would be interesting to see how a fiend turns into a human adventurer? How the mythological and mystical world transforms into the "real world".

Sargon wrote:

Looks interesting.

I sure want to see what effigy is/means? ;)

It would be interesting to see how a fiend turns into a human adventurer? How the mythological and mystical world transforms into the "real world".

It is basically telling the story of how one creature of evil and corruption betrays his old ways to create a better life for himself, guided by the good-natured god who saved him from his own destruction.

The story itself is comprised of 3 parts -- each one connects from the last to explain the origins of how Myth Xaran, and its creator came to existance :)

YAY!!!

I'm always checking out your blog for news about your game :)

I'm so happy that the development is going great and can't wait for the release :))

Maybe you can release a little demo for the druids muhahahahah jk :D

Can't wait for the final product :)))

@All Druids: Great!!!!!! I love those "evil" plans as ljspence said. LOL

I wish we could get the demo exclusively for the Druids!!!! Hehehehehe...

Oops, hey guys, come and join us to get the demo lolz (jk). ;)

The bulk of the game is finally done! All that's left to do now is going back and doing some tweaking and cosmetic work. I am still in need of some sprites and music if you are interested in helping. You will be credited in the game for it.

Please look here for more details: http://www.amaranthia.com/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=5497&post_id=139632#forumpost139632

The sooner I'm able to get these resources, then the sooner I'll hopefully be able to release the game.

lol. i'm flattered of what you said mikasalla, but i don't know how to create music on the computer. i have a free trial of finale, that's all. :P

maybe after months/years when i finally figure out how to use it :) i plan to make a game too.

IN THE FAR.. FAR FUTURE. LOL. O_O