Aveyond Studios Community
Sign in to follow this  
Pandaba

Pandaba - Myth Xaran

Well the whole game is finished, content-wise. All that needs to be done is getting some battle sprites, music and final testing and I can finally release it.

Right now, there's just a bunch of placeholder battle sprites and horrible music taking up the game.

I'm just having problems finding volunteers to do the sprites and music, though...

Yep. I've posted requests in many of the RPG Maker communities. I think I might have found some people for the music and battle sprites, but I won't know for certain if they are going to come through or not until I actually see something.

Sometimes it's frustrating to find people to work for free x_X

Thanks. I'm really looking forward to releasing it soon! ^_^ I'm glad to know that there's an interest in it. It motivates me to work on other games after this one!

I'll have a few goodies I'll post soon.

Pandaba, I think I saw a thread by you that you offered to create anima or manga or some japanese cartoon drawings?

I saw that your drawings were very good. So I don't understand how is it that as such a good artist, you have a problem creating those sprites yourself?

But maybe it wasn't you who did those drawings?

Or is it that you have so many sprites to do, that you need help with that?

Well no, I do traditional drawing. Not pixel-based work. Believe me, if I knew how to do pixel art, I would've released this game a long time ago x_x

Pixel art is a lot different from traditional art you draw on paper.

@all: Oh I see... Well I'm sooo late at reading this thread. :)

@Elini: Anyways good luck in the game making, Elini. Time reveals everything. You'll get volunteers for the music and sprites soon, if we think positively. ;)

I've been accepted to go to the Game Developer's Conference in San Francisco this year with my school and I'm very excited! ^_^ I'm aiming to release this game before March 23rd so I will be able to demo it for my portfolio and such. I'm just waiting on the spriter to finish with the battle sprites and I can finally get things moving again with final testing and last-minute tweaks. Thanks, everyone for your patience!

Here's a promo pic I also did (forgot to post it before). Sorry for the low-quality JPG

34rdq8y.jpg

Myth Xaran is now undergoing final stages of testing. GDC is drawing closer and I'm planning to have this all released before March 23rd. I still have the instruction manual to do as well, which I will probably try and work on sometime this week.

Thanks everyone for the comments!

Thanks! :) I'm excited about finally releasing this, as well!

I finished up the instruction manual last night, so that's all done and over with. Now I'll just need to do some last minute tweaking to the game that my testers have found and it should be all ready to go!

The game will be released this week!

This is my last week before I leave for GDC, so I am planning to release it sometime this week. Stay tuned!

I'm still currently waiting on the last of the battle sprites from the sprite artist. The sooner I get that, the sooner it will be released. However, if he doesn't pull through by the end of this week, then I will still release the game with the filler sprites and do a patch or something later on to fix the sprites. The sprites are really a minor issue at this point. The rest of the game is fully playable and combed over many times for last-minute bugs.

I am very excited about how things have come together from those who volunteered to contribute, especially in the music department. A good friend of mine, Nelson Whittaker, provided a great assortment of music made exclusively for the game.

In the meantime, here's a download for the instruction manual: http://files.filefront.com/Myth+Xaran+Manualpdf/;13485673;/fileinfo.html

Here's hoping for a successful game release! =^.^=