Aveyond Studios Community
Amaranth

Want a game appear on the front page of Amaranthia?

Hi everyone, if you have a game that you would like to appear on the front page of amaranthia.com, you can fill out this form:

----Suggest a Game Form----

Before you submit something, make sure it follows these rules:

1) The game fits into one of these genres: RPG, Adventure, SIM, Interactive Story, Kids

3) The game is complete (no demos that have not been finished)

4) The game contains no nudity

5) The game contains no resources that were ripped from another game (unless you have written permission from the owner of the original game)

6) The game is going to be for sale

:amaranth: :amaranth: :amaranth: :amaranth:

there's an option in the form to specify what type of licence it is, and FREE is one of the options :) So I guess the answer is yes.

Is this on-going or is it just for now like a month or so?

I'm almost done a very long game similar to Ahriman's Prochecy,and it's free but I'm think of making a series(selling them)

I'll keep an eye out for this.:)

omg i wanna make a commercial game with Amanda Fitch her games are always good.

Amanda pm i need some tips please on how to make a commercial game.

@mila: amanda is currently busy with her own project and probably will be unable to help you in the long run. Games take a while to make after all.

Here's some general tips:

1. Find a game maker (rpg2k3, rpgxp, rpgvx, gamemaker, etc.)

2. Learn how to use it- At least learn the basics. Make a few maps, random npcs, monsters,etc.

3. Come up with a story line. DETAILS. Cannot stress this point enough.

4. make your game according to your script.

If you need help, post a new topic. But you better be specific or you won't get help because people won't know what you want. List what you need:

Scriptwriters, npcs, maps, coding help,etc. and specifically what your trouble is.

Amanda....is their any way I can get directly to you. Before I got very ill, we talked, I need some information & as the boss, i figure who else to ask? ernest krulik(brain162 )

I have a question:

It's about the 'no nudity' rule. I would never consider creating a game with nudity in it, but, I am using certain graphics...

Here's my question: Would the Elemental and Bird-03 graphics from the defaults of RPG Maker XP be considered nudity? If so, can I still post the game on Amaranth, just not try to get it on the front area? Please answer, I'm using the Elementals and possibly Bird-03.

What do you mean Bird-03? Like what the rules state, no nudity. Maybe Amanda meant that No Nudity content in any games that you submit.

Is the BIRD-03 sprite a harpy (bird lower half, woman upper half)? Also, I assume the Elemental sprite is like the earth elementals that were in Lands End in AV1. Monster sprites that have a little pseudo-nudity are ok, since they are creatures.

The no nudity rule really means you can't have any nude humans walking around and no sexual scenes.

(Yes, bird-03 is a harpy.)OK thanks. Yes, I meant the harpies and elementals like in Aveyond. If you have seen Indra (Av1), the dream witches(Av1), the earth elementals (Av1), or fire elementals (Av2) you should know what I mean. So I'm guessing that means they're okay? Good, because I would never put nude humans (who would do that, anyways?) and the closest to a sexual scene I have is when two characters hug.

It would be best if using cuss words and obscenity are to be avoided or better if never to be used. I am not saying that they are not allowed, but such thing is not tolerated. There are some games which make the use of the words like crap. Seriously, most people don't even react on hearing that word.

Also, in the issue of alcoholic beverages, its okay, as long as the content does not convince young players to drink. (There are some games that drink in an inn or something like that, more of ale, like the one in Ahriman's Prophecy.) That's common sense actually.

I hope you mean on the games you plan to submit to the front page, not on the forum participation.

OK, what about the battle graphics? Sorry but I'm using battlers. I can't make the battle graphics like they do in Av. I need to know if this ok. The battle graphics look like the creatures' sprite except they are closer up. I don't need to use the harpy, but the elementals are really important.

(And I mean front page, just first I need to figure out what exactly it means by company. I don't have a gaming company, and I don't work for one. Does that mean I can't submit one of my games for Amaranth's front page?)

Since they are creatures, that must be okay. As long as there is no complete human nudity, its okay to be submitted.

As for this company you were talking about, its somewhat like IndineraFalls' Aldorlea Games, and some other like Elder's Blossomsoft Games. If you don't have a gaming company, perhaps you must ask permission to host it for you, or you yourself should make your own company.

...or you can submit the game to BFG (big fish games)

http://www.bigfishgames.com/company/game-developer.html?afcode=afe404917def

Though to be on the safe side, you should report any 'suggestive' stuff like the drinking, swearing, possible nudity, etc. to amaranth so she can decide for herself what she wants on the front page.

probably in the "what is this game about?" section.

well, if i don't want my game in any company, how can i create my own company? Does it take some agreements and other formalities.....?