Aveyond Studios Community
Sign in to follow this  
LadyTwilight

Book Club Discussion: Twilight

@KTC :laughing: seriously funny links, especially the pic and the catalog. And even though I enjoyed reading the books I must admit that it's all true. I also admit that everytime the book started going on about Edward's looks and marble skin I'd skip over it :P

Yay more Twilight.

I hate Jacob Black. He was so annoying in Eclipse and Breaking Dawn around Bella and her baby. So argh-i-want-to-rip-his-head off annoying. Many of you like Jacob. For his sarcasm XD my sisters hate him too. XD We keep making up spoofs about him. Anyway...

Bella is okay for me, so is Edward. I'm so not gonna go crazy over him.

I love Alice. She rocks. I loved the way she pitched the baseball in the show. Hated Rosalie a bit, but after reading New Moon i realised why she acted like that and felt sorry.

Favourite quote:

"Over my pile of ashes." ~Rosalie Cullen, Breaking Dawn

The books are okay i guess, so is the movie. I hated the pauses in the dialogue, as though they didn't memorize their lines well. haha.

hehe, quotes. (un)fortunately, there's a few that are actually quite good. Though most are very cringe worthy. Why do all the side characters have interesting lines?

I think she's having hysterics. Maybe you should slap her. - Alice

^YES. YOU SHOULD. HARD. Than maybe one wouldn't have to read about her constant whining.

"It sounded like you were having Bella for lunch, we came up to see if you would share."-alice

^rofl. nuff said.

And ones that are so cringe worthy:

Yes, your exactly my brand of heroin.-eddy

^ why thank you. so nice to be compared to drugs. *shakes head*

do i dazzle you?-eddy

^*facepalm/headdesk/laughing*

well, i haven't red the book yet, but i bought it today so i will reed it during the weekend. i just couldn't get my hands on the book in the public library, so i had to buy it. if i decided to wait for it in the library i would grow old waiting on it.

but i read other parts (Breaking Dawn is the last i red it, so i don't know for sure if that IS the last one - and i think it isn't).

i liked them very much.

KTC wrote:

do i dazzle you?-eddy

^*facepalm/headdesk/laughing*

Haha! I wondered about that line as well. Though the average teenage guy might have been excited to learn he could dazzle the object of his affection, on the century old vampire it sounded full of cheese and out of character. Like he doesn't know the vamp male affect on women! Pphhht!

well i can't know that for certain, i haven't read the book yet, but from other books that continues on this one it seems logical. at least to me.

uh. and one question.

is there really a perfume called Dazzle? i heard from my friend that there is...

I fell here "par hasard". In France the movie trailer had been released recently. I neither seen the movie nor read the books. Something unreal which angers :x me is that a vampire had sex with a human. For my part vampires, fictional beings.., as dead should be like corpses. In a corpse the body disintegrates and so, it is impossible to... you know what I mean.

There seems to be elements from Romea & Juliet like the 2 opposed families, impossible love. :evil:

Forgive me if I may hurt some people but I think it deals with teenager fake love. Did the vampire wait many times before saying to Bella " I want to try something I've never done" ? This guy has a strange curiosity!

@flavie: well vampire sex is always an iffy subject and really depends on which type of vampires. If we look at it realistically (as in scientifically): vampires should not exist because nothing can be brought back to life after death [for now]. So, that means they're not really dead, they just look and feel dead but they're not dead. (much like how a plant would fake being rotten flesh to attract flies). But this brings up a bunch of questions on why vampires only need blood to survive, how the body survives without oxygen, why is sunlight so deadly, etc etc. Vampire Hunter D touched these topics, but there was not much explanation from what I read except that even vampires didn't know why they have weaknesses. Most of the time, there's some magical aspect of vampires so writing off these weaknesses are easy.

Meyer just created some crackpot reasonings for them. Her glitter bottles essentially have no weaknesses which make them perfect. Sunlight? We glitter. Stake in the heart? We're marble hard so no. Holy water? Nope.

The only way to kill a vampy in her universe is for other vampires to rip up that vampire and burn them. Which doesn't make sense because why would fire work? Are they actually combustible or something?

Vampires, like any monster other than gods, require weaknesses to make effective monsters.

Now back to sex: So far, I've read several versions concerning sex.

One: Vampires can have sex. But they're sterile. And it's pleasurable for them. (it would make sense if the vampire isn't necessarily dead. Just a modified human body.) [battle angel alita]

Two: Vampires can have sex. But sex isn't enjoyable so there's no point to sex. I think they're sterile. Bloodplay is far more enjoyable. [ann rice]

Three: Vampires can have sex and are not sterile. Than we have human/vampy hybrids. [blade, meyer, vampire hunter D]

four: vampires can have sex but are sterile and it's enjoyable. [mine. and probably others I haven't read yet. ;P]

And maybe I'm looking too much into the sexual aspect of vampires. lol

Romeo juliet: It's not exactly romeo juliet. Eddy's family welcome bella quite openly. Her family doesn't know about vampires until late in the book (do they ever learn actually? Remember, I never actually finished the series.)

as for teen fake love: from all the various cheesy lines and 'love at first sight' stuff I'd agree. But I think what's more troublesome is this is really NOT a healthy relationship. Eddy's way too controlling and stalker ish. Bella's too subservient and pathetic. She has no backbone or any self esteem.

Girls are reading this and are probably visualize Eddy as perfect boyfriend material, which is highly troubling. Girls should NOT look for someone like this. This leads all to easy to domestic abuse. Now, I'm sure many will be rational and see that eddy isn't good BF material. But from all the crazy fangirls who fainted/squealed/etc. when they finally watched the movie...

Wow, I didn't notice I wrote an essay on vampires and bashing rofl.

Thanks for the vampires and sex lesson! There was a video games series about vampires and humans, notably showing that bad humans want to exterminate the good vampires.. Legacy of Kain you can find the story on the Internet. There are 5 games: Blood Omen 1, Soul Reaver, Sloul Reaver 2, Blood Omen 2, Defiance.

You can go there Click on the left "Dark Diary" of the 4 games.

http://lok.3dactionplanet.gamespy.com/Bo/Story.shtml

On the net there are evne timelines. This is an excellent story!

@flavie: The story of the legacy of kain games is actually much more complicated than that, involving time traveling, magic, etc. I've played soul reaver, looking for soul reaver 2, and have defiance lol.

I don't think you can simplify the story as 'bad vs good', since it's more than that. And often times there is a LOT of grey areas. lol

KTC wrote:

four: vampires can have sex but are sterile and it's enjoyable. [mine. and probably others I haven't read yet. ;P]

This is the Whedon vampire, if I'm not mistaken. Hence, the Buffy/Angel/Spike relationships. Not to mention Spike/Dru, Angel/Darla, etc. Lots o' vamps gettin busy in those shows.

@marph: I never watched buffy so...XD

Wait, I thought angel couldn't have sex cuz than he became evil or something.

@lady: lol well, Meyer couldn't leave the Jacob fans angry and dissatisfied, so that's why she made Bella and Eddie have sex and produce Renesmee (which is a very weird name O_O )for Jacob to imprint on. haha. Worse choice ever made by Meyer. It's sick for me =P i don't feel comfortable with that. And the fact that werewolves (once imprinted) can hardly leave their lady love, be it a baby, toddler or child, is annoying.

Imagine your own baby being sort-of harrassed by this guy, so called the baby's true love. As a mother it's annoying to have someone like that.

And if i'm not mistaken, in BD, Eddie and Bella and baby retired for the night and Jacob said "I'll come with you." So annoying with no sense of privacy. Jeez. Getting worked up. XD

KTC:

@marph: I never watched buffy so...XD

Wait, I thought angel couldn't have sex cuz than he became evil or something.

Yeah, but he still enjoys it ;) LOL. That's just because of the gipsy curse mojo he suffers from. His "condition" is unique in that universe.

It's funny, Twilight feels like a tweenage version of Buffy to me. A more intelligent Dawson's Creek meets Blade. Less sex, less bite, more drama.

@marph: ahh ok XD

Less sex, less bite, more drama. <- that's a horrible combination btw

More sex, more biting, less drama=Awesome XD

@snow: eh, that's freaky. Sounds like a pedofile. Din't the same thing happen with his friend who imprinted on a toddler?

Just a little reminder to everyone. please do not discuss the sequel books here. If you would like to do so, please do so via PM or in the twilight fan club in the clubhouse. We don't want things given away in case the book club decides to read other books in the Twilight set. Thanks

@marph: ahh ok XD

Less sex, less bite, more drama. <- that's a horrible combination btw

More sex, more biting, less drama=Awesome XD

Wait a second - Are you a dude? (Nothing wrong with being a dude) It's just, I have a theory that most of the people that dislike (translation: loathe) Twilight are guys - not that some females don't hate it, as well. Just most of the dudes hate the drama, while many people of the female persuasion (being me) can't get enough.

Having said that, I do like Blade and a few of the other "More bite" vamp universes. But the girlie in me loves Twilight, too. :awww:

@marph: Rofl, I'm a girl [muahaha, i have tricked{?} another person with my tomboyness] :P And, for the record, drama bores me to death unless its interesting drama. Typical dramas of girl/guy pining for girl/guy gets boring. Intrigues where girls/guys constantly stab each other in the backs gets the 'rolling eye' expression. Probably why I never got into gossip girls, 90120, and other 'girl dramas'. They mostly make my brain shut down a little more from the amount of hormones on screen.

But, I do make exceptions if the work in question is well written [no large holes. no mary sues. interesting plot. twilight is a good example of what's NOT well written.]/acted [ex: hana yori dango. Typical girlxguy romance. but the main girl's acting won me over]/drawn[manga/anime. I like this one movie where everything was beautifully animated....But the story was freaken confusing that I still have no idea what happened. But art trumps clarity XD]/etc.

i red the book. i wasn't able to stop reading it. i started arround 20:00 yesterday, and i finished it at 3:30 this morning. i was very pleased with book and i enjoyed reeding it. my sister had to shake me up two times. i was so in to reeding the book that i haven't heard anything that she was saying to me.

opiniond about sex and vampires is interesting, i really cant give my opinion on that, so i will keep that for myself. for now...

well, the part when Edward invites Bella to meet his 'parents'. When they were in his room and Alice barged in with Jasper. that was best part for me. Well, and the baseball part too. now i know why they wait for storm to play. hu hu. *lol*