Aveyond Studios Community
Sign in to follow this  
LadyTwilight

Book Club Discussion: Twilight

I really like the Twilight books but I am bothered by the similarities between the Twilight books, Blood and Chocolate by Annette Klause, and Dead Until Dark by Charlaine Harris. There are a lot. I've recently just finished reading Dead Until Dark and was amazed by all the things it has in common with the Twilight books. Everything from names, to 'abilities' to story ideas like love triangles between human girl, vampire boy and human boy with ability that I don't want to give away in case people don't know yet.

don't tell me. let me guess. the other boy has the ability to become somting with fur. *lol and evil smile*

now i will have to reed those books. (i watched the movie 'blood and chocolate' and it was great).

Hmm, it wouldn't be too late to share my opinion, would it? I'm sorry if I repeat things, I'm too lazy to read over all the posts XD

Alright. First of all, I absolutely adored Twilight, and I thought that the characters actually had a lot of depth to them. They get better as the books go on...

I always thought that Bella was actually pretty strong for the circumstances. She did move away from her mom...She was strong enough to do everything she needed to do.

But it did get a little annoying at sometimes, when everything was 'Edward can't love me as much as I love him. Oh, everything about him is perfect.'

In fact, throughout the series, EdwardxBella kind of sucked for me and I admit to skimming through the parts where they were together.

I would have to say Jasper is my favourite character. I loved all the other vampires, and Jacob Black too, but Jasper just seemed to click.

It would be easier to explain if this was a Twilight series discussion :P

My favourite part in Twilight would be when they were driving home from the restaurant, and it's basically complete torture for Edward and Bella first finds out for sure he's a vampire.

:)

I've only seen the movie and I liked it. Most of my friends told me it's great so I can't wait to read it. I can't wait to get the book, but I probably wont get it till 2010. It is so sad.

Well, i hope you will get it faster (or sooner) than you think. good luck.

Uh, and i red the Midnight sun! Well, almost half of it (that was all i could get from my sister's friend). it was cool! i liked it so far, and it's all like Twilight but from Edward's point of wiew.

LOL TEDS!!! Damn I should have come back sooner, didn't realize how much I missed your posts.

Anyway love the poll and how no one likes Bella!! I had a hard time getting through the book because it is soo hard to like Bella.

well, it's not so hard to like Bella, but as a girl i prefer to like more the male characters. *evil smile*

Bella is ok, but i don't care for her as i care for Alice. but they share the same place when it comes about my favorite female chars.

@tbear: I live to entertain XD

@lady: "but as a girl i prefer to like more the male characters. " <- that makes no sense. Being a girl or guy is irrelevant to preferences. O_o?

Example: Xena is still one of my fav characters of all time [sexy, smart, flawed, many uber kick butt skills <3 <3 <3]. [d]Fr[/d]Eddy, jacob, jasper, emmett, carilese got nothing on Xena in terms of pure awesomeness. <3 *fangirl-ish sigh*

@aisling: ahh ok. (illogical but ok)

I think there's a wall between me and typical girls since I don't get their thought patterns unless it involves school work [E=mc^2 type of work]. Strange creatures women be. o.o!

I don't think that just because you are a girl that you will automatically like the male characters the best. Personally Alice was my favorite character.

ok. if i have to be honest, i like Rosalie and Leah (the wolf girl). maby because i'm not that kind of person... When i think about it, i always were a little bit weard *lol*. at least that's what they say (people who know me). *grin*

@lady: "maby because i'm not that kind of person" < waattt? it's not weird for a girl to like a girl character. Heck, some anime ONLY HAS girl characters so good luck with that Rofl. ;)

If you want 'real weirdness'[it's not weird to me personally], you can just look at my stories to see something not mainstream. :P

though who is this 'leah' person? I have only heard of the cullens (groan), bella (head+desk), jacob (shrug), and the other 'main' players XD

leah is mentioned in the first book. she is the daughter of Harry (the friend of Charley that dies from the heart attack, so i'm still talking about the first book) *lol*

i mean, Rosalie and Leah are soft like a biscuit under the otside that 'cold bastard' look (my opinion is based on all the books, so apologies for getting away from the basic topic). (excuse my language if someone is offended)

@lady: good for you (if only cuz you're reading. Reading is such a lost art these days)

@mopiece: lol! when the cullens dazzled on screen ;P

i agree that the reading skill is kinda lost these days, but not with me. i reed a lot (one summer i red about 120 books- out of boredom and for entertain myself), and i'm not watching tv much. few movies weeakly, CSI (Miami, New York and Vegas), Dexter and Cold Case (Currently CSI Miami and Cold Case, the other are on waiting for new episodes *sigh*).