Aveyond Studios Community
Sign in to follow this  
LadyTwilight

Book Club Discussion: Twilight

I was thinking about vampire games [such as how many humans can you kill in 1 minute] and finally got a legit twilight question:

Baseball question: What are those bats and balls made of?

Bats- If these guys can stop a speeding car with a simple shove + cause a dent, than I bet they can easily break a steel bar. It can't be wood because no wood would be able to stand that type of power. Since they make a smacking sound akin to lightning, that's gotta be some strong stuff.

Balls- were they using metal balls or what?

Movie: The ball the 'bad' vampires got didn't look anything special. It look like a generic baseball, which doesn't make sense given that the ball would probably explode after getting smack hard. They're made for humans after all.

Unless they were playing at a human strength, which doesn't make sense given that the smack=lightning noise.

(my lol moment: vampire. old school. baseball. uniforms. hahaha)

that is so funny. *lol*

i suppose they used bats and balls made of something that they couldnt damage so easily. *lol*

i know a joke about vampires and baseball, but it's so lame (even if that is so, i laugh a lot when i hear that joke).

Wow.. I read on an anti-Twilight forum that girls like Twilight because Edward is their ideal man and the book is a perfect fantasy for them (ya know, people loving the protagonist immediately..).

'Lend' can refer to anything, as long as YOU/the person are the 'lender' (aka the person with the desired object).

Borrow means you want something FROM someone else.

Example:

If I'm lending books, I have the books and is giving them to someone to borrow. If I don't have the books, I want to borrow them from someone who's willing to lend them to me.

See the difference?

I liked the first book, Twilight, a bit, but I got bored as the series progressed. I thought that Edward and Bella were quite the irritating sort of characters, and the series had lots of draggy parts. As for the poll, I was torn between Carlisle and Alice. My favorite character was actually Jane, well mainly because I liked the way she was evil. Among the Cullens, I liked Alice and Carlisle the most, since they were the most sensible ones in there. In the end, I went for Alice, since her character seemed to appeal to me more xD

So I saw a girl carrying a Twilight book today. She had a stylish coat that I though was cool, I went up to compliment her, and SHE STARTED LICKING HER WRIST WATCH.

I'M NOT EVEN KIDDING. it was a "OMGWTH! !!!>_<" moment. needless to say, I DID NOT compliment her on her coat.

Question: Is everyone who reads Twilight that creepy/odd/awkward?

@ Nick : Not all. I had a couple of friends who liked Twilight and liked Edward lots, but they didn't act as creepy as that O_O It makes me want to move to a place where there are many people and see the fangirls prowling and attacking Twi-haters.

@ Fungus : Jane had to be one of the most awesome characters. But let's not talk about her after this sentence, since this thread is only for the first book :) Bella and Edward's romance consisted oh him watching her sleep.. like a stalker.

@puppis: Oh yeah I forgot >_< I didn't really mind much about the watch-Bella-in-her-sleep thing about Edward, but what I found weird was that it was as if Bella was too obsessed with Edward's looks. :lol:

That was one of the most annoying things. She kept describing Edward's looks in such great detail. It was practically a pain to read the sentences describing him.

Twilight should've been made into a Disney cartoon instead of a film, since most of the Disney fairytales are often just infatuation rather than love. The only notable differences would be Beauty and the Beast, and Enchanted.

(Maybe Twilight should be renamed "The Chronicles of Stephanie Meyer's Wet Dreams")

@aisling: ROFL. Good one.

@fungus: look at snow white ;) Bella's already white as is. And snow white did 'die' and come back to life. The prince is also rather pale and stalks snow white=excellent edward material. The bad vampires are appropriately dark=evil queen. Alice=happy. Rosalie=grumpy. Emmet=dopey. Jasper=bashful. Carlielle=happy possibly. Esme=something.

XD

@nick: wierd O_o!!!