Aveyond Studios Community
Sign in to follow this  
shaz

Aveyond 3-3 News and Suggestions

Well it could always be related to a quest. Maybe someone was cursed after the game they were in finished and we get to set their spirit free or something. Or it could be someone who wasn't a main character but still interesting- like the squirrel who was the pilot of the weapon in aveyond.

Ipink, Mhm, I kind of like it. It could have been in Aveyind in previous games-but because in Aveyond 2 Oracle mentions the fact that Aveyond shrne will eventually be forgotten, I guess it would have to be something else. Maybe a skill that would allow summoning the pirits of your forefathers for a brief chat? "Summon spirits" Chat with spirits?

Devin, I do not believe extensive knowledge of Av 3 is necessary at this point. I think suggestions here are mostly based on what we do know about Aveyond games so far. I a curious about Av 3 myself, can't wait to play through it.

Anyway, something came to my mind just now. In Aveyond 2 Ean had those transfigrines.

But I felt there could be more done with them. He could have had his own side quest in which he would have to use those transfigurines in a battle of wits-I don't think there was anything like this. Or was there?

By battle of wits i mean you need to use all of your transfigurines in a fair battle against an opponent. Victory depends on whether your beast outshines the beast of your opponent. Like in one of the arabian tales on which there wa a prince turned into a monkey. He met this princess who knew he was magical and she started fighting with the wizard responsible. He turned into something, she turned into something that beat whatever form the wizard was in.

@aisling: On the subject of the Sword of Shadows breaking, I think that it could maybe be a small crack or something that released an ancient demon or something. The game is about preventing the sword from breaking or something to that effect. That way there is not an 'unbalance' in power or something but it would be the most important quest yet. Meh, =/

@Nocturnal - That sounds great, it would be quite weird to actually see a few people who can use those transfigurines. It would be great to see like an old group of people that were though to cease to exist were the actual masters of these transfigurines.

The idea of cameo appearances of old(or unlucky) characters appeal to me the most since I do really want to see Jack at least one last time(forgive me if I love him too much). Although I do enjoy the idea of having a new self-addicted playable character.

I just hope the Aveyond series last a lifetime...whenever possible since I can't stop imagining of new characters(whether or not they're like me, as I am lazy, sneaky and maybe, too serious to laugh for more than 1 minute).

I like the idea of an undersea land, or maybe some sort of cloud land. Maybe bring in a "good" lady character (maybe too good?) to tempt Galahad and bring out the worst/best in Teijal. That could make for some really interesting interactions. A fighting squirrel would be a great "boon companion" for Galahad.

Maybe if there is a haunted or ghost town in AV4, some of the old characters could make a cameo then? That could be fun.

...kind of a "Hall of Heroes", where the spirits of the past heroes hang out.

Let's say they did move on, but the current heroes need to go to the "afterworld/heaven/etc." to accomplish a quest.

Then they could just run into them there.

Well it could always be related to a quest. Maybe someone was cursed after the game they were in finished and we get to set their spirit free or something. Or it could be someone who wasn't a main character but still interesting- like the squirrel who was the pilot of the weapon in aveyond.

Ipink, Mhm, I kind of like it. It could have been in Aveyind in previous games-but because in Aveyond 2 Oracle mentions the fact that Aveyond shrne will eventually be forgotten, I guess it would have to be something else. Maybe a skill that would allow summoning the pirits of your forefathers for a brief chat? "Summon spirits" Chat with spirits?

All the above ideas sound interesting, I'd really like to meet some of the old characters again...

I also like nocturnal-dance's Transfigerines idea.

The afterlife idea is really interesting. It would be nice for the heroes to meet their predecessors and receive encouragement and commendation and even interesting stories of adventures.

But in the previous Aveyond/Ahriman's P games, the underworld was EXTREMELY depressing. I'm not sure why this was, maybe in medieval times the underworld was viewed as a gloomy and dark place. But it shouldn't be, rather, it should be just viewed as another life, another home after passing on from this earth. It would be much easier to let our heroes go if we knew they'd be happy somewhere else!

Maybe about a girl who is trying to massacre the entire universe because of personal issues by becoming a vampire, and there is one vampire who agrees to bite her, and Te'ijal and the rest have to stop her from becoming a vampire before it's too late?

All these wonderful ideas have given me a couple of thoughts:

1 - Since so many are so fond of the "old heroes" of past Av's, would it be possible for more than one of your playable characters to have a "home" to go to where they can recharge? Then there could be a findable treasure related to that character's ancestor (a portrait, their weapon, special item of clothing, etc.) that when found and placed in its special area of that heroe's descendant's home, would give them an ability to recharge better, or increase in abilities when near it at certain points in their advancing skills.

2 - So many want to see Jack again, maybe he can have a descendant with a similar nature. Something about him reminds me of Jack Sparrow from the Pirates of the Caribbean movies - maybe a pirate or thief with a blend of those two characters? Wouldn't he make a great "bad influence" on Mel that would be so much fun to be around?

All of these new ideas of bringing back remnants of old characters from the previous AV series has me thinking of more ideas for AV4 (Or perhaps AV5 if need be) to utilize.

1. You could add in a part of a look from a previous AV hero or villian as a distant ancestor or link to them. Just like when Lars was able to sort of recognize a Veldt warrior woman before he even got to know Elini. It is done with the hairstyles from Yu-Gi-Oh! series and Dragonball series with the hair.

2. We definately have to have a "which one" choice like the King Lionel statue being given to squirrels or the Elves in AV1, the North Wind to use on troll on bridge or to gain North Wind spell in AV2. Even AP had it with the wedding of Alicia vs Talia. We could have TWO "which one" choices. That way, there are 4 possible outcomes at end of game depending on what you choose for each one and how they will work together near end of game.

3. I like the idea of Qwillie having some of the characters having their own homes to stay in and get a reward. That means with the pets players can buy or earn, they would have to choose which house would get which pets. Only one of each pet kind per each player, so one house can have a horse, but others cannot.

I don't really see what the point in having a pet only able to reside in one of the houses. You still have the horse, why does it matter whether you have three horses?

Also, I don't think it should just be a look, like Rhen hair on ______ Pendragon. It should be a power or item specific to that character. That way it goes deeper...

I would rather like to see another sword singer. We haven't had one since AV1, which makes me think that they are extinct... So it would be cool to get another sword singer in AV4...

Yup, agree with the sword singer idea. But we had a sword mistress too, right? Ooh...I wonder who'll be the next sword singer. (hopefully, there is)

Anyway about the descendant thing, if Jack ever has one, it'll be like having him in a party again.:D But, I suspect that Jack's not the type to have a descendant since he has nothing but 'bad luck', and he doesn't care about girls at all...Vel excepted, of course. Well, if he ever has a 'good luck', that would be having friends along his journeys. I hope he returns, however. As young and lively as he ever was. But if he indeed has a descendant, that'd be cool, but not Jack-like assuming what I said above.

I DID not say they did any such thing. Ew! After questing with his friends, he might have looked Vel up, by which time he might've been 18 or so. Oh wait ... he was stoned at 14 ... oh well, whatever. It's be nice to have someone who had Jack's sassy attitude hanging around. Hope Mel has his spunk and smart mouth.