Aveyond Studios Community
Sign in to follow this  
shaz

Aveyond 3-3 News and Suggestions

lolz, Dis I was in an RP where I played a 12" tall fairy in love with a dark elf that resembled Vin Diesel in size and character. ;) He fell in love with her too. I :loving: the idea.

Oh, or have a Prince that really is enchanted/cursed to be ugly or a toad (as a main char) with a significant amount of side quests needed to get a girl to fall in love with him.

About having the daevas(sp)coming back there are a bunch of new bad guys but instead of them being the bosses that you have to beat make them just regular bad guys before a new bad boss to beat. Maybe throw in some Chupacabras(sp). And the good guys have to save a herd of cattle or something from being devoured. That would be so awesome.

For the bad guys and saving the world thing... I'd wonder if it'd be okay if the game goes on where you have to do stuff, defeat things in your way, something evil is happening, and halfway into the game, you find out you have to save the world and by then, everything falls into place.

I'm not too sure, but I'd like to have all the characters be able to combat at once, unlike the previous Aveyonds, where out of, like, eight, only 4 can fight. That way, everyone in the party can get experience points and everyone can be at the same level.

One more thing, What about having the daevas back as playable character?

@Oracle: Vin Diesel and a 12" fairy? And I thought a Peter Pan and Twinkerbell match would be absurd :laughing: Hey, maybe size should be an issue? One goal would be to either shrink or find a way to grow. At the end you see, instead of say the fairy in the faceset area, you finally get to see the character up close or if it's a human becoming tiny, a mini version of them? Oh, maybe it could a male fairy? XD (okay, i'm still in favor of female fairy, but either could work).

Man, and if there's a frog prince in the party, the poor fairy ought to beware. :D <3 Your idea too!

Kinn's a few pages back was pretty wicked too. wonder if they'd be parachuting from a dragon or maybe another of the squirrels' secret weapon? :D

edit: SO in favor for a different battling system like some have suggested.

well i;m not so sure about the battling system comprised of 8 characters ...wouldn;t it slow the game too much having more characters appear on one screen at once?

But maybe -some kind of experience adjustment system that would keep the inactive characters near the leve of thse wo level up?

Av 4 already is an amazing prospect. definetly gives me something to wait for. that is so appreciated. regards,

Rhen and Damien could get encased in glass or something and preserved then be freed from it in the game. Unlikely, but no one would ever know that would they? So they would think the two had died, even if they had not. I would be happy, even if the explanation were thin. I like those two characters.

I also hope that there will be a different final mode of travel different from dragon. We could still have a flying thing like a hot air balloon. Or, cooler than that, there could be an underwater submarine-thingy that could get to new underwater cities or underground-thingy that could lead to new underground cities. That would be cool.

I hardly think Rhen and Dameon, being the most important people of Thais, would disappear or go unnoticed for long. Besides, Uthar spoke of Rhen in a very past tense way. I'd rather have the present Pendragons dominate the game than the past ones. Everyone has their time. When that time passes, so should they. People live on through their descendants, like I see Devin or Dameon in Nicolas.

How about having a day/night system like the one in Three the Hard Way? It's a feature that's rarely seen in games so it'll only add to the uniqueness of Aveyond. So there could be some NPC's who would be available only during the day/ night. Shops will be closed during the night except say the weapon shops, some places like the pub would be open only during the night, etc. And if you sleep in the inn (or elsewhere) during the day, when you wake up, its nighttime and vice-versa.

nocturnal-dance wrote:

But maybe -some kind of experience adjustment system that would keep the inactive characters near the leve of thse wo level up?

Yeah, like the experience system in Exit Fate where you get one or two of the inactive characters into one fight and they'll immediately level upto about 5 levels below the rest of the party. A few more fights and they'll have caught up completely. They don't even need to survive until the end of the battle to gain those levels :D

I concur, Aislyngyngaio (i find your name somewhat difficult to spell, sorry!). I think the bet think to do is to bring to the fore their descendand if anything and let the past rest. They've done their share. Although, of course I would be biased because I really liked them and would be rather sad if their ending was tampered with. *makes a long, long face* :)

a for the day and night system i agree it is seldom seen anywhere. The passage of day unto night and back could be perhaps used for some unique events. I think it makes sense.

yup, although I was thinking about everlong when i wrote that. The characters level up but any inactive guys are kept around the same level so they can fight the same monsters if need be. Kepp things tidy and neat and a the same time does not exclude the inacive guys. But if there is a script which makes it possible and efficient, it might be interesting to see the whole party. As long as it doesn't lag the game.

I don't know that I would want to see the whole party of eight during every battle, but I loved the use in Everlong of one big party of which you could only use four, but during segments of the game you had two separate parties of four on two separate quests, that both help the main plot. It opens the possibility for whole new scenarios like rescuing the other party.

Also, how about a spy among the group, but you don't find out who it is until way late in the game ;)

Yeah oracle when you'll mention everlong, I will always like anything from it.It was my first Rpg. The one thing which I would like to see in aveyond 4 is lot of places. Amanda mentioned some where in the forum that the world of aveyond is huge but she includes only those places which are necessary to the plot. It would be a lot more interesting if we'll have some optional quests and the story so made that it takes to a lot more places......it would be a fun.

Yeah, it would be real nice if the Aveyond universe could expand. Maybe... yeah, maybe all the kingdoms in the old Aveyond verses (AP, AV1, AV2, and the upcoming AV3) can be there, and much more! (It would be interesting to see how the people in Veldt, Tar Vedron and Seri would react. ;))

Although I love the idea of seeing Tei'jal and Galahad again, I'd really wish if Jack were there (like it was said before), since the kid was too darn amusing. And he never gets that much spotlight. Well, unless there's an Aveyond 5, but that's out of the question...

@Winter_Vivaldi: Yeah, I was sort of hoping that Jack would appear as a main character or something in Av4 since he was a really amusing character and he doesn't really get some spotlight most of the time, but I'm okay with Te'ijal and Galahad being the main characters in Av4. I just love those two, but Jack's in first place for my list in favorite characters(Te'ijal ranks second).

Although it is a possibility for him to appear in Av5. Or another set of characters enter the series.

Or what if there was an artifact from AV1, that you needed later in the game of AV4. You need to be Transported through time into the tilesets from the previous games for brief periods to track down the item(s). Maybe you need the lamp from AV2 and the mirror from AV1 or some such thing. Place it in the difficult mazes from the games. That way we get a little bit of familiarity, without actually dealing with the past characters. Kind of a walk down memory lane.