Aveyond Studios Community
Sign in to follow this  
shaz

Aveyond 3-3 News and Suggestions

@ Oracle: Yeah, that sounds pretty cool. Oh, and just to inform you: the lamp's in AV1, while the mirror's in AV2. You kinda switched it up a bit in your post. ^^

Yeah, that'd be nice. Or maybe--I dunno, a reunion with the Pendragons! Like, there could be this quest where you need to speak to all the major Pendragons (Alicia, Rhen, Nicholas, Edward...) in order to defeat the final boss or somethin'. Dunno, it's just an idea...

@ hikari_rekka: Totally agree with you. Tei'jal and Galahad are awesome, but I'd love to see little Jackie there as well. ^^

Aveyond 5 is actually coming? i missed that bit too.. but perhap items from various parts of aveyons is a nice idea. A reunion of endragons? well that would mean rhen would have to come back as a ghost.

Or how about some travelling to the past thing/travelling between different planes of reality, a bit like in Eternal Eden?

But then that would of course mean tampering. and probably too much coding, but some reminsicenses would be nice. Even those squirels grumbling something about another set of thise intolerale humans.

I'm wondering about the spy thing. Starts out as a spy- perhaps it's an animal spy, someone inconspicuous Why not introduce some party members like chamelons or cats? A squirel? :P

Yeah... I'm wondering if Jack ever comes back(unless Amanda chooses not to bring him back), the question will be how. She can't exactly turn him into a stone statue again. So... Does he get into some sort of trouble that causes some sort of phenomenon that prevents aging? (Okay, that's what happened the first time but..) Some deep sleep or something and he never ages? In AP(Highlight for spoilers), that princess was in a deep sleep for quite a long time and never physically aged until the curse was broken. So something like that?

@ hikari_rekka: It's possible. But for some reason, the timewarp/paradox/wormhole thingy is starting to sound... plausible. XD I mean, maybe earlier in the story he could stumble into some kind of trouble that actually brings him to the future. Like, he could steal something from a wizard and doesn't know what it does? XD

Anyway, yeah. I'd like to see a Pendragon reunion. Like, possibly some Resurrection Stone (Yeah, HP reference here, dude. XP)that the character acquires in the game in order to stop some big evil? (Hey, this is good fanfiction reference. XD) But, yeah. Plus, I'd like to see how the Pendragons get along with each other. ^^

Well, consider that if either party gets killed, the past or future lines could get wiped out just like that (e.g. if Rhen gets killed accidentally in the future, the past Rhen gets killed = Ahriman isn't defeated = world ends). The dangers of time travelling are many and varied; a single drop can cause a huge ripple and even, at worst case scenario, a tsunami.

Ok but there is a possibility of making the future only meet in the past with some warning that they cannt interefere in its affairs. It would be technically posible to prevent either of them from happening. If those from the future woud appear not exacty corporeal but also nint exactly incorporeal. Just enough so they can speak and maybe touch but not act. I know it sounds a bit ridiculous but going back in time does not mean they would have to meddle in the past. Besides, sometimes things can be changed in good ways and not merely to the detriment of the future.

I;m not sure to what extent has this been used-i am currently replaying the whole saga-but maybe something to do with those poor faries? I think in av 1 we met some dislocated faerie folk. How about a isit to some tir na nog? Do a quest or two for them? Perhaps they would own some artefact we would need? Perhaps a faery character that could join our cause? In aveyond 2 we made a jump from elven kingdom to human world. I don;t recall there ever being something more to do woith faeries, was there?

I can picture that scene too with the earlier Pendragons visiting Edward. Devin still remembers those times with Jack, even if it was never shown in AP. Behind the scenes maybe?

I'd rather not time travel unless it was necessary to the plot to time travel because some stone they needed to save the world was destroyed long ago, so they had to go back in time to go get the stone before it was destroyed or something.

Well most of the nymphs were fairies by the looks of it, and the party had to save them, so I think they had something to do with fairies.

Sounds silly, but how about an invisable guide....kill off so many enemies, and a little tinkerbell pops up with a next step message

or the best way to pile up weapons or coins that flashes on the screen for only 20 seconds or more......to get it to flash again, you need to fight off double what you just did to get the

little tinkerbell, imp, or firefly to show up

again.........

just a thought.......

and how about a choice of the reward for how hard the enemy is.......

and how about being invisable for 30 seconds

after earning so many points..........and then

after that getting it back for a very expensive price

Thanks !

ladydeb

When I saw this topic, I thought..."Man! (Or Woman!) AV4 is already on the back burner before AV3 has finished being cooked and served to us?

This is extremely generous of all the creators to keep that in mind while not being able to predict how well AV3 will be. Thanks for all of this.

Anyway, here is my take on possible idea twists for AV4 (Or Possibly AV5) that uses some minor ideas from other Amaranth games.

1) What if Tei'Jal and Galahad were somehow magically persuaded to work for evil at the start of the game. THis allows the hero or heroine to attempt to free them and allow them to join the team later in the game.

2) Using "Grimm's Hatchery" idea. On each island, there will be hidden parts that have to be found or earned to build a workable version of the Portal Stone transportation system to allow the travellers to go from one island to another without use of a ship.

3) Instead of a dragon, they discover a lost civilization that has one living evolved form of the Pterydactil that can be used to enter an area in the world where only something from that time period can enter (Perhaps the main evil of the game started it's growth to power in that period of time in that place)

4) 4 different colored gems with different abilities is needed to open the final door to the great evil. They have to be put in the 4 spaces in the right positions in the right order to open, otherwise they get sent back to the entrance with their gems and have to fight their way back through to the final door again.

Um... For the third one, if you've played Aveyond 2, then you'd know there's already a system like that. The magic express system. And for the first Aveyond game, if you've downloaded the portal stone goodie, then you'll be able to teleport to another town or something anytime you want.

You know there was something that I thought I would mention. Affection system. I'm sorry I;m bringing Everlong up again but I thought that was solved way better there. In Aveyond the endings were either better or worse, Everlong, thorugh a clever trick managed to make bith endings of equal value. I was wondering abiut omething similar for Aveyond.

It could be fun to make more decisions and determine the ending more.

@nocturnal-dance: A new system besides the black and white good ending and bad ending would be good. It would give you a nice choice. How AV1 had the Thais ending and a bunch of bad endings and AV2 had a good ending and a bunch of slightly-better-than-AV1-bad-endings was rather annoying. It is really obvious which one you need to choose, and if you don't choose it... It would definitely be an improvement in the game. :)

hmmm....I'm slowly getting what you mean. Endigs from which it is very difficult to choose since they're all just varying degrees of good. That's good idea nocturnal dance and iPink

:goodjob:

That sort of reminds me of the Nippon Ichi games. Such as a well known games series called Disgaea. Depending on what you do and how many allies you kill, you could get yourself a bad ending. And for La Pucelle Tactics, you have to do certain things to get certain endings and rewards for each chapter.

So your idea sort of reminds me of that.

@Aislin: Yes, your choices during the gameplay, what you do, where you chose to go it all could possibly determine the ending that you can enjoy.

@hikari_rekka: that's it, too. Ifound these to be very good examples what you can do with choices.

@IPink: Yes iPink, well put. I didn't like the choice system in Aveyond that much. It was really simple and, I belive, more economic in terms of coding (I hope I'm not assuming too much, there is plenty of coding and programming I'm sure but the freedom of choice possibly requires much more work and stuff) but I thought it could do with some polishing. For a game which promises the freedom of choice I found this aspect to be a little disappointing.

of course, it seemes the ideas that formed the endings could always be explained in the storyline by fates and prohecies etc. The fact that it's only at end of the journey that Rhen is given choices, for instance, does make some sense as a form of reward to shape her own future

But I thought they could have had some more justification in the gameplay, more depth, more sophistication, because as it was they were a bit sudden and rushed for me.

That the storyline had different endings, it's great, awesome, I loved it, but I find it would be good to work on the HOW those endings are determined.