Aveyond Studios Community
Sign in to follow this  
shaz

Aveyond 3-3 News and Suggestions

In Aveyond, you had to find Danny, get the ring from Taylor, and find Devin to open up the Clearwater ending, royal ending, and hermit ending. (Not sure about the Devin part, but still) Oh, and for the royal ending, you have to talk to Devin once you get the ring to open it up. So I'm sure the game had it's requirements to open up certain endings, but I do agree it was sort of rushed.

All I want to see in Aveyond 4 is maybe and this is a big maybe but I want to see Ahriman somehow maybe a descendant of him.Because even though he got killed off who is to say he does not have a child somewhere that takes over his work of taking over the world.Or maybe reading books he has written and is fighting which side he should be on or not.But maybe it is just me wanting that.

That sounds like a bad sequel idea. Many stories have used the whole 'previously unknown sibling/family member/offspring continuing original's work' with varying success, mostly on the bad side.

And I think ahriman himself has been milked enough being the main enemy in two games. How many times should he be used directly/indirectly before he's really dead?

Ahriman doesn't strike me as a person who values children. Immortals often don't need reproduction to preserve themselves, and hence don't want it either. In fact, they would absolutely reject it because a child of their own blood would likely inherit their ruthlessness and hence one day try to take over from daddy dearest, which is the last thing people of Ahriman's ilk want: they want to stay in power forever. That is also why I do not want past Pendragons crowding the future: everyone have their time and place. When too long in one hand, power corrupts.

He was defeated three times(First time was never shown, other two in the first two games) already, so no need to show him again. And I'm not a big fan of the "big bad's evil relative finishing things off" cliche. It makes no sense and it's been overused as KTC said.

If there is going to be something interesting, at least not some common cliche and something unexpected and it makes sense. In fact, Amanda's done a pretty good job on controlling the cliche meter in my view.

Although, I've noticed that in the Aveyond series, most of the chosen ones are females(Or at least what I see). So in Av4(Okay, unlikely since there's the two vampires) or Av5, the chosen one is male at least? I don't have a problem with women being the chosen ones, but I'm sort of interested in seeing how the guys get that chance..

Yeah, I agree that Ahriman should not be brought back again. He had his time in the limelight, now it's time for a new villain. However, I hope something more than Hepetitus (or whatever her name was). Because nobody knew about her, that fight was rather anticlimactic. A big, powerful villain that we have not seen before (or perhaps seen, but one we have not noticed, I like those types of villains). However, I think it would be interesting to see Ahriman (or some of the other villains from the AV games) return as some sort of pawn in a bigger scheme. Things like that are always interesting (but only in multi-game series! You need enough time to get to know the actual main villain of the game) so I would be fine with that. We do, after all, know that Ahriman is not dead. We saw him in AV2 as the Chaos Mage (or whatever!) leader boss person. That is my take on villains in AV4

Um, actually... Ahriman is still dead. I'm sure Amanda did not use Ahriman's sprite for the random chaos mage is to hint that the guy is back. I'm sure the reason is because sprite looked good for the role and she decided to use it. Amanda has reused sprites before instead of finding or creating new ones.

@ipink: ahriman is dead. The chaos mage is simply amaranth recycling graphics and perhaps to imply that the chaos mage is chaotic similar to ahriman, though not evil/as powerful.

Also think about it, why would Ahriman train puny humans when he's trying to conquer them? It doesn't make sense. Ahriman is a demon and wants to conquer the world. Humans are mere insects to him, things he thinks he can crush easily. I don't see any reason for him to voluntarily teach them anything seeing as their beneath him.

Here are my suggestions:

1) A system in which the party members could battle each other; something like a fighters' pit... I'd love to see Galahad beaten to a pulp by Te'ijal!

2) More magical/mythological creatures would be great. Definitely want the militant squirrels, fairies and dwarfs to make a comeback.

3) Other means of transport than just a dragon and boats/ships. Maybe something that would require us to build it first (in the form of a sidequest) and then enable us to access more places, eg: would love the submarine and underwater city mentioned by someone.

4) Definitely want a city that is built in an unusual place, like a city in clouds or an underwater city.

5) The sort of tournament we had in Aveyond 2 with Emma.

6) I liked the way in Aveyond 2 you had to do a few things in order to get the characters to do something, eg: to turn nicholas into a nice guy you had to do somethings, same for making emma and rye fall in love etc.

7) The option of escaping from battles but losing something (usually money) in the process, eg: by bribing the attackers or flinging down your bags and running.

8 ) As for which battle system, I think the ability to choose the type of battle system (turn based/real time) in the game, if possible, would be great, otherwise I prefer the turn-based system.

*peeks into forum*

Chimera's suggestion of choosing the type of battle format (turn based vs real time) reminds me of the old Might & Magic series put out by 3D0. My ex-bf freaking loved those games and, by osmosis, I kinda got hooked.

One thing I loved from some of the later versions was the Archomage card game. If it was possible to have something like that playable in the Aveyond game, that would be too cool for words.

I really need to spend more time here in the forums. I've been "around" since shortly before AV2 came out, but I only have a couple of posts to my credit...

*slinks out*

Oh, OK, I always thought of the Chaos Mage Leader as Ahriman. They have the same outfit and I always thought he was really creepy... Though I prefer the Chaos Mage dress to any of the other guild outfits. It looks really cool.

So anyway, how about some new play systems in AV4? Like what rage was saying about the card game thing. Not just minigames, whole other modes of play in the game besides battling and exploring, not that those aren't totally great. I suppose this would be extremely difficult to code, possibly even impossible, but it would make the game so much funner. There could be new competition types such as fashion show and wrestling and such, and maybe other stuff too. Fishing, anyone?

I really like Chimera's suggestion about a system in which party members can battle each other and a means of transportation that requires a quest to put together.

(@Chimera: It's nice to see you around again)

@iPink & Rage: I don't know about fashion shows and card games but having a few more mini-games (like the Crpyt Maze in Aveyond 1) would sure be great...

@Mizzou: It's good to be around again! ^_^

oo Chimera! Been a long time since I last saw you here. (Its me Heimdall)

All I can say for now is that I cannot give a good suggestion until I have played Aveyond 3. It may sound serious but I definitely have to disagree with fashion contests and the like. I don't think fashion shows and the contests alike are compatible with the game play of Aveyond 3 or any other AV series. I don't even have an idea on how can those be applied. Wrestling could be replaced with a "Sword Fighting Tournament" which is much better and up to the record. The genre is fantasy RPG, not SIM. As for fishing, I am still unsure of the idea. If I were to combine Harvest Moon and Aveyond, the result is baaaaad....unless provided that it would be like in Aveyond 2 in Grimm's Farm, where you could do stuff like have eggs, milk and such for your journey, only this time fishing can be now done (and then have fishes of course) and then have fishes for the journey. No need to search for fishing rods - fishies are obtained in an instant or after such time.

And now I crawl back to the darkness as I wait for AV3 and read your suggestions.

*flees*

I pretty much agree with Stardale here... Although the fashion shows and such sound good, but it wouldn't be that good for Aveyond considering the genre which is fantasy RPG. If the game was a sim like Harvest Moon, then I would agree, but seeing how adventure is involved, I'd have disagree... If you want to make more use for the switches that involve changing the character's appearance, I'm sure Amanda could just add something that involves story-wise or side fun-wise(Such as getting characters married) that changing the character's appearance is necessary to complete it just like she did in Av and Av2 such as where Iya had to change clothes so no one would notice her. I'd rather have a feature that could contribute with traveling or the adventure.

than again, AV has always incorporate some sims aspects, such as buying a house, getting animals (and getting food) from such animals. Or what about the whole 'love' thing in AP (talia/alica and devin), AV1 (Rhen and dameon/danny/lars(?) and elini/john AND teijal/galahad), AV2 (ean/iya, other official pairings I don't remember), etc. The next one, AV3, might even take it further with 3 girls fighting for one guy. Just because AV is a rpg game doesn't mean one can't mix some aspects of sims with rpg. For example, the fishing aspect (along with other side quests) worked rather well with legend of zelda: ocarina of time (imo one of the best rpgs ever)

As with anything in AV, one can simply ignore any miscellaneous quests (like getting all the animals) or sims aspects (getting elini and john together) if they don't like it. But having it in the game wouldn't hurt it at all imo.

IDK, it might be fun to have clothing stores where your chars could buy different apparel. For example if they are going intp a cold area they could buy winter clothes that up their mp or hp while in the area and in the clothes, or need to purchase climbing equipment to cross mountains. Or buy clothing just for fun because you like different colors or pants vs dress.

As for the fishing, perhaps you can buy a pole, then anytime you come to a water source you could choose the pole from the menu to get a fish, but have it random, so you cant stand there collecting fish like money with the cash cow.

It would also be fun to have to perform quests to get your pets, rather than just buy them.

Or just do quests to get the rare pets at least.

(Oh, and it turns out that Amanda mentioned that Mel will be making an appearance in Av4 as a main character. Link: http://www.amaranthia.com/modules/news/article.php?storyid=136 Check the comments, you'll find it. Oh, and the Arishta Isles from Av1 are going to make another appearance in Av4)

These pet ideas are pretty good. The rare pets could be magical pets, like a dragon or a hind or something. These could give magical supplies that are more efficient or have better effects than those from other animals. I also had the idea of 'tenants'- or something similar - that would be more humanoid. You could find a homeless fairy that then decides to come with you after you prove to her that that your farm/house/castle/whatever-we-get-in-AV4 is actually a nice place to live. She will then live in a glade or whatever to the side of your house. This could continue with others. A rogue that wants to settle down and live a family life. A run-away royal. Or more magical things, such as a dragon in human form. Or it could get somewhat nostalgic with Ahriman, Snow Queen, Rhen, Damien, and other previous game characters being found to reside at your home. They would, of course, have nothing to do with the story. They would just be little easter-egg type characters that are difficult to find and fun to catch and talk to. However, it would be somewhat weird... I suppose that they should just stay in their graves...

Or maybe you could somehow explore the underwaters (in Aveyond 1, you could go underground to go to the place of the Night elves, so diving underwater might be interesting)

Also, add something to ride on when travelling on land- like horses or something, to travel faster

@ Adept_Rogue: There already is something to travel faster. It's the Speed Crystal or Speed Gem or whatever and you find it in the house in Sedona. I think you can also find it in AV2 somewhere. It, like, doubles your speed.

@jarnhold: Do you mean instead of pirates or in the same area as pirates. I don't think that pirates being replaced with mermaids would be very popular... But if there were mermaids, one could join your party. And somehow... flop around on the ground? It would be a pretty comical character if it were to be added, I suppose... :fish:

thanks pink, that was what I tried to say...

but I don't mean AV4 without any pirates, just without them on the party...

...Sorry, I don't speak english perfectly...;)

...It's difficult to learn english, but i'm trying..