Aveyond Studios Community
Sign in to follow this  
shaz

Aveyond 3-3 News and Suggestions

How about making some of the afore mentioned items time oriented. Like a special ticket for a shopping spree (allowing you to purchase clothing in shops for free) but only if you reach a particular point in the game by 'x' amount of game-play hours.

@Oracle: I was thinking that, given the fact that clothes are mostly for customisation and as such are an extra feature, they could be given as an extra reward for completing the game so that the next time you replay it, you could get this additional customisation feature. But maybe yours is a better idea because players would not have to wait to replay the game to see the custom features. Such a ticket could well be a reward for some challengling side quest.

Speaking of customisation, how about letting the players decide what the character looks like from the start? Av had this goody that allowed the change of avatars but maybe this should be an option implemented into the game from the start so that people who don't like anime sets could change them to non-anime?

I personally prefer the anime sets but given that there might be some who are put off by them, I thought such a built-in addon could prove useful.

But what I like the most are ipinks ideas about pets, although I'm not exactly sure whether having Rhen and Dameon (you mean as undead or what? that would be a little weird. I'm puzzled here- how do you mean) or any other long gone character living next to your house would be such a good idea.

I think we should give the characters their well-deserved peace in the afterlife (and retain references to them through their descedants meeting, rivalling maybe marrying off?)

and focus on pets. The Av 1 idea of them having special properties is nice and it could be expanded. Were there any pets that could heal you or replenish your mana when equipped?

In av 1 such animals where one time only and once let go it was difficult to recapture them. It alo meant that Lars sacrificed himself wearing a cape with low defenses.

But why not make it so you could tame them and take them home? Taming could be a special skill learned after doing some quest and increasing the relationship with the pet, through petting and grooming, would increase their level of affection and thus the level of help they provide.

@nocturnal-dance: Because of the casual and un-story-related atmosphere of the farms/houses, I was thinking it would just be some sort of little hard to find easter egg that put them into the farm to talk to. But, like I said before, it is rather strange. Perhaps it could be a goodie? I just always thought it would be fun to talk to all of those characters after the fact.

@Oracle: I also think your idea is pretty good about the ticket thing. However, I also think that there should be other outfits available elsewhere and game-furthering outfits (such as the ball gown in AV1. I always wore that thing!). So there could be the 'Ticket' outfits and the other (rare?) outfits. Like if you go to a voodoo hut you get the voodoo womans dress to perform a ritual, or if you were about to be sacrificed and escaped you would get ceremonial clothing. That's one of the things I liked about the customization- it actually did something. I guess I'm sort of stuck between more customization and more use. But why not have both?

This is my idea. At least one person has posted it so far through. BREAK THE SWORD OF SHADOWS!!!!! And what's more, keep the whole, Lord of Twilight, thing going on. Please- NO MORE ________'s ______________ games! I mean, Ahriman's Propchey, Rhen's Quest, Ean's Quest, I would like to see some title more like the third game. And if you took the sword of shadows, and broke it... that would just be cool. You could even call it, Aveyond 4: A Broken Sword or something like that. And it would even make sense with Tei'jal and Galahad as mains! Considering they traveled with Rhen when she defeated Ahriman with the sword, shouldn't at one of them, already know a bit about the sword?

Not the best idea, but I think it's pretty good.Just what I think.

Aveyondgirl, think of what you are suggesting. The Sword of Shadows does not just contain Ahriman. If ALL of the baddies sealed inside were to be released at once, the power balance of the world might be tipped so far as to break the scale. The world of Aia would be a wasteland in less than a week!