Aveyond Studios Community
Sign in to follow this  
shaz

Aveyond 3-3 News and Suggestions

Glad I'm not the only one curious about that! It's a big reason I'm anxious for November, (Isn't it SO nice that we only have to wait til then?) but until then, I'm having worlds of fun thinking about it and speculating!

I want Galahad and Te'ijal to have a kid. And I wanna see Galahad changing his/her diaper "Why do I have to do all the dirty work?!".

JamiSings wrote:

And urgency or no, I need potions. I keep getting killed in this battle. Anyway, it doesn't make sense to be blocked from shopping because of the possibility of a battle in which potions will be needed.

You'll just have to stock up on items, before that scene occurs. Hopefully, you have a save from before that scene.

I've just finished GoN and overall loved it. There was tons of game play, amazing maps, tons of quests, and great music. Fabulous overall! I especially loved Tei and Gyendal becoming human...what a twist at the end!

So the only two small things that I didn't like:

I forgot to propose to Mel before she was kidnapped and missed my chance...my fault definitely but frustrating! The second was that unless I was blind a lot of the locations in GoN didn't have the mirror express or something similar (amulets to take you there etc.) and I found myself trippling back a lot.

Overall those were very small annoyances though as the game was incredible. Thank you so much!

Berserk is the state that makes enemies attack themselves/teammates.

@iPink: High five for awesome babbling skills. XD

It says at the beginning that in Aveyond 4, which is now 3-3 and 3-4 that Galahad and Te'ijal will be the MAIN characters. This may be outdated, but at the moment it is the only info we have. There is nothing to say that the main character cannot shift between games.

Jayshe, you're right about the mirror express. You ran into most of them in Lord of Twilight: Harburg, Thais, Gheledon, Moo Hatchery, Stormbend and Witchwood.

The only places in Gates of Night that had additional stations were Tar Vedron and Dragkthor.

Mel should do more spy work. In LoT and GoN, the spy title seems to be just for show. Since she's in such a huge quest, why doesn't she use her spying skills instead of just acting like a thief? She could pretend to be working for Gyendal but not tell any of her friends in fear of being leaked, and we can see them calling her a traitor or something, and then the truth's revealed - that'll be really nice!

Just like in movies. XD

And the same thing for Te'ijal. I mean, she may be a vampire, but I haven't seen her to bite someone. It would be really funny if we could see in her attempt to bite Lydia! And as for Ulf, I haven't seen him speak a lot in the game. only in the Pemberly Keep, and in the Quarter Key quest from the Orc Kingdom (includes the music box).

I also would like to see Mel mellow a little. I would hope her experience would teach her something. I find her remark to the blind fellow on the Sinoa Plain particularly callous.

I don't mind leveling up to be able to battle monsters at each segment of the game, or to do the final battle at the end. Heck, I beat Gyendal with just Galahad surviving in one game. It can be done. I like having to plot out a strategy, but I guess that's because I'm ex-military!

I agree, though, that more thought could be put into what is in the chests or on the bodies, and that the reward should be commensurate with the effort. It is particularly distressing to have a battle where you get hit really hard and perhaps have one or two die, and then you open the chest and get something inconsequential, or you check the corpses and every last one of them has nothing.

I also hoarded the Tinctura Hypericum that I found, to hold for the final battle. Also, it is my strategy to max out on healing potions and food items when I get to the point of having enough money to do so. I try to get through the game without having to use the gold in the gold goodie cave. I might need that more later on! In any battle situation, you have to get through with the logistics and supply that you have on hand, so you want to be sure you are well-supplied.

Just out of pure curiosity, what does everyone think about an eighth character being added into part 3? Personally, I think it would be more refreshing to see a new face and that it would be nice to have a new character to add to the group. Plus I would hope to have another magic user to the group, maybe even bring back a time mage from the first aveyond.

Aisling--Ooooh, very interesting distinction. I never thought about the difference between main character and protaganist but you've hit a very interesting story line!

Personally I would love to see King Lionel come back to life. I feel very badly for him in statue form...it would be cool if we were able to play him!

the best AV series is aveyond 1 : rhen's quest. it's the most difficult AV series i found.

other AV series are good, but not better than AV 1.

and maybe amanda has some surprised for us in the next games. maybe some descendants of elini and john will be included in next AV series.

edward is descendant of rhen. why he doesn't have ability like rhen's magic and melee combinations?

last AV, nicolas has healing abilities like dameon.

Okay, some of the suggestions have been made on this game and I would like to make a rebuttal.

I REALLY liked that I could clear an area. Mt Orion and the cultists home became really tedious for me in AV1. I really came to hate the combat theme every time I found a spider at level 99.

I prefer to play on the easy level because the combat system is not my favourite aspect of these games. I like the mazes and the puzzles. Don't take the suggestion to not allow us to clear and area please!

I like that the combat theme was pretty slow starting for the same reasons - I finished many battles before the theme really built up strength, so I didn't feel attacked by the music so much.

Compared to AV1 when you get a lock pick and find chests full of items like a black hide whip in the castle long after you found much better weapons, I found every chest appropriate. Chests were important to go back to, and not every chest should be amazing. I didn't think the treasure key would give me access at first - I was looking for a lockpick for a thief. Nice touch.

Restoratives are fine. I like that I can't just buy 99 tincture hypernicums or find 99 level eggs. It is a game, and playing your resources to their best is part of the game.

I used to play AV1 and AV2 without using the MME or the expresses because I thought the money and the experience were better options than speeding up my game time. I changed my practice this time, and I was much less bored with an area being able to bypass low level monsters. I love the compass! No need for a dragon. If Mel is taken from the party can the rest of the party still cross ice patches, climb ropes or tight rope walk?

The music and graphics are brilliant.

I submitted elsewhere about the king's dialogue, which has some holes in it. Also, I fought the pirate ghost and Lydia was killed but stole all the treasure anyway at the end of the fight.

I like that the spells aren't so impossible to beat. Lydia shouldn't be hitting for 5000hp to everyone every round. Nice touch that the best spellbook doesn't depend on playing the 4 sidequests for the museum exactly right, more freedom for us. There are several such savety nets in the game for those of us who make the wrong choices.

The goodies I usually played with in the other games were things like all guild-goodie in AV1. I really like that I can explore Lydia's options without being stuck with a certain choice of guild all game. It is difficult to give Lydia all the spells, but doable.

I spent so much time with a specific posse in AV1, it is so nice that everyone can - and will - play a role here. In AV1 I stopped buying armour and weapons for half the team. It was a bad choice to experiment with anyone. Here, be ready to use anyone and get to know everyone in combat. I would still like it if one character died and the one person in reserve was brought forward into the combat. It would make certain fights too easy though, and it would make cassia leaves in combat impossible.

Love the games within the games. A few could be more difficult. Or do they change with the difficulty levels?

This game is cleaner and better thought out and comceptualized and executed far better than anything we have seen out of Amanda yet, and I am excited about the next game. I love that Amaranth does take our suggestions to heart, I just hope some of the suggestions here aren't taken. The game is also very much inspired by the best of several previous games, and I love that too.

RPGs are about strategy. If level 99 is difficult for you to win a battle, think about what strategy you're using. Try something different. I like that some discretion and planning is called for - very thief/spy like.

I do not use maps or goodies in this series - I REALLY LIKE that I'm not desperately tempted or feeling that I've missed a huge part of the game because I didn't cheat with the goodie caves. I like getting lost in a maze - but the compass makes it all better.