Aveyond Studios Community
Sign in to follow this  
MidnightPearl

Exit Fate

Exit Fate is a new full-length free RPG from SCF, creator of the well-received game Last Scenario. I don't want to spoil the story but it really is great. It has a ton of really cool twists and the scope just gets bigger and better! :D

Exit Fate is based more on the Suikoden series of games. This means that there are a LOT of characters to recruit for your army (75 in total), and that there are strategic war battles throughout the game. For those who are familiar with the Suikoden games though, there are a few important differences :

- There is no time limit for any of the characters. It's impossible to permanently miss anyone.

- There is a reward for obtaining all characters, but it will be obvious what it's going to be, and you're not required to get it before any specific point in the game.

The game not only features standard 2D battle encounters but boasts a tactical strategy mode as well, in which players must assume control over legions of troops, issue commands and lead their armies to a crushing victory. Bonus items are awarded for good results, especially if the fight ends quickly with minimal losses to your side.

A new addition is the bribe system, allowing players to avoid potentially dangerous encounters by using the local currency as a bargaining device. Use the esc key to bribe and avoid battles.

The magic system is also a slight departure from most common RPGs. You earn mana points as the battle progresses, meaning that most spells can only be cast after several turns. The number of times a spell can be used in each battle is limited, but unused healing spells are cast automatically to restore the health of party members after battle.

Note: Press the Alt and Enter key to switch between full screen and windowed mode.

SCREENSHOTS :

width=320http://www.scfworks.com/images/EF1.jpg[/img]

width=320http://www.scfworks.com/images/EF2.jpg[/img]

width=320http://www.scfworks.com/images/EF3.jpg[/img]

DOWNLOAD

Some useful links :

List of Optional Playable Characters and Recruitment Solutions

Menu Sets and Battle Plans

List of Story Characters

Walkthroughs:

By Kashmeria

By aislingyngaio

Exit Fate fan site

aislingyngaio: Permission from creator obtained by user 7455 (MidnightPearl).

I've been playing it a little bit and so far it's not too bad. It's seems to be easier than Last Scenario but I'm still near the beginning of the game.

The menu set up is a little different but it's not too difficult to figure out. And it has a different magic systems as LS.

I love the bribe system, it certainly solves the problem of random encounters I had with LS (way too many). It sure is nice to have the option to avoid them & its quite cheap too :D

:lol: I didn't mean I'd use it all the time...

Anyways, I agree with you that battlles are much easier in Exit Fate...the enemies miss more often than not!! :D :D The army battles are also fun! :)

List of all the optional characters to recruit. Let's make it together!! :)

(Please post the info if you've got someone not on the list & it'll be added)

SPOILERS! (Please highlight to read)

Stromgaard

Thunder - Ranged

How to Recruit: Once you convince Sally to let you use her boat, talk to him BEFORE you leave the island. If you missed him the first time, speak to him in Credence later in the game.

Joe

Thunder - Melee

How to recruit: Talk to him and accept his request. You'll have to complete a small dungeon with only Col and Joe.

Mike

Fire - Melee

How to recruit: Hire for 400 Arn

Outsider

Dark - Melee

How to recruit: Hire for 1500 Arn

Cid

Ice - Ranged

How to recruit: Talk to him and he will mention losing sheet music. Go back to Blackwater Inn and get the sheet music from the innkeeper. Return it to him and he'll join.

Francesca

Dark - Melee

How to recruit: Speak to her with Outsider (or any Dark element member) in your party.

Midian

Dark - Ranged

How to recruit: Go to his island and push the treasure box off his dresser.

Paris

Fire - Ranged (War Leader)

How to recruit: After getting an A rank in the Battle of Grunthall, speak to him and he'll join. If you missed the A rank, have Rock in your party and recruit him in Ansee.

Bartolli

Ice - Melee (Castle Item Merchant)

How to recruit: Talk to him and he will complain about a late supply shipment. Go to Ansee and wake up the sleeping dock worker. Get the Supplies from him and return it to Bartolli in Grunthall.

Klaus von Lichtenheim

Light - Melee

How to recruit: Find the greyish cat at Blackwater (Ch2), Matrech (Ch2), Mayfall (Ch3), Bergstadt (Ch4) and Elysium (Ch4). Available in Chapter 4.

-END OF PART 1-

NOTE: This list will be divided into 5 parts to avoid being a really lengthy post as there are 75 characters to recruit for your army - 48 Optional & 27 Story Characters.

PART 2

PART 3

PART 4

PART 5

List of Story Characters

A big thank you to all the contributors! Cheers :)

At the stage I am, battles are fun. I've just started recruiting, so now I have more characters of various affinities and also more cash to purchase extra spells, so combat is really enjoyable! :D

Here's one character to add to the list! (Nice idea btw!)

Francesca

Dark - Melee

How to recruit: Speak to her with Outsider (or any Dark element member) in your party.

Just a Tip- Want quick & easy cash? Then recruit Joe and make him steal!

Don't forget to rob some Goblin Helms & Blue robes on the way back through the forest. Equip some & sell the rest! :)

@aisling: Yeah, there are 2 ways- Once you convince Sally to let you use her boat, talk to him at Alfheim Inn BEFORE you leave the island.

If you missed him the first time, speak to him in Credence later in the game.

@all: SCF just released a new version & a patch for those who downloaded the old version.

v1.01

- Fixed fatal error that would rarely crash/freeze game when a character afflicted with chaos attacked a party member.

- Fixed Hawk appearing at castle before he's recruited.

- Some minor spelling/gameplay errors

DOWNLOAD EXIT FATE V1.01

Download Exit Fate 1.00->1.01 patch

To install the patch just extract it into the game directory and run patch.bat.

I got one-

Paris

Fire - Ranged (War Leader)

How to recruit: After getting an A(?) rank in the Battle of Grunthall, speak to him and he'll join.