Aveyond Studios Community
Sign in to follow this  
MidnightPearl

Exit Fate

Can anyone explain to me how to get an A rank for the Grunthall battle? I've replayed it a few times and managed to get 100% speed, 100% efficiecy but only 40% power, hence rank C :(

I've got Outsider, Stromgaard, Francesca, Col, Cid, Ayara, Joe, Ljusalf and Mike. I changed the units around & their types many times but nothing works.

Edit: Just got B ranking & received a steel bracer as reward. This time got 100% power, 100% speed but 67% efficiency. Anyways, I'll try again later...

I guess you took down Rock's unit first & the battle ended abruptly, hence 40% power.

This is what I did-

Infantry- Daniel, Francesca, Ayara & Joe

(Francesca for Light Feet & Joe for Evasion)

Scouts- Outsider, Stormgaard & Mike

(Stormgaard for the Mountaineer ability so that they can run around all over the place)

Sorcery- Ljusalf, Cid & Col.

Have the Scouts back the Infantry unit. On most maps, the Speed requirement is the least stringent, so don't worry about waiting a turn or two to get in exactly the right position for your attack. Even when you get NPC allies, try to attack in unison (in this case Jasper). Sometimes it can even be a good idea to lure the enemies to come to you, even though it means you take the first hit.

If you're going for an A rank, most of the war battles will probably take 3 or 4 attempts to really get a strategy down. If you do something that gets a unit killed or otherwise ruins your rank, identify what exactly went wrong and don't do that next time.

I'm doing the Battle of Grunthill right now and I have to say it's really frustrating trying to get an A rank. I did the exact same thing and took down the commander unit with a minimum loss of life for both sides. Yet I got C which I think is quite unfair since the hero is supposed to be a peace loving guy. It wouldn't be that bad if you didn't have to go through the text just to try it again, argh! Maybe I'll just accept that useless Steel Bracer if I get a B again.

Aura, I'll try out your strategy...hope it works...

Edit: YES! It worked! Finally got A! Thanks Aura! :D

I got it on my third try. Before, I tried going with all calvary and all was going fine and it was almost over until their flagbearer rushed through the mountains and crushed my NPC ally's unit :x

Then I went with 2 completely overpowering Cavalry units with Daniel, Ayara, Mike & Francesca in one and Outsider, Storm, Joe & Col in the other. Ljusalf & Cid were in the Sorcery unit staying behind the NPC's. I let my Cavalry units take all the attacks since they can manage much better than the NPC's & Sorcery. And I succeeded!! :):D

Here's one I just recruited-

Bartolli

Ice - Melee (Castle Item Merchant)

How to recruit: Talk to him and he will complain about a late supply shipment. Go to Ansee and wake up the sleeping dock worker. Get the Supplies from him and return it to Bartolli in Grunthall.

I was wondering if Paris joins you only if you get an A rank in the Battle of Grunthall because someone (who got B) said that when you speak to him in Bergstadt, he doesn't? Or is there another reason for it?

Aisling, did he join you when you got a B? Is there another way to recruit him in case you don't A rank it? Just curious!

OMG!! Klaus is a cat!! :o :laughing: So all this while it was the same cat I kept seeing everywhere! :lol:

About Paris, I don't know, he just joined me first time I spoke to him. But I had got A rank too. :S Maybe he'll join you after the Mayfall invasion in case you missed the A rank.

I have the most ridiculous problem ever! I'm supposed to rest before the Mayfall battle the next day but I just can't seem to find my own room in my castle (the castle is really HUGE!!). While going around in circles, I came across a chest which according to Daniel will take the strength of 75 men to open it...so has anyone figured it out?

EDIT: Just seconds after posting, I got it! The 75 optional characters we have to recruit for the army, so can't afford to miss any...

@Aura: Paris does not join you when you talk to him in Bergstadt (if you get B). He mentions something about having seen my fighting and not trusting his life to me. So I replayed that $#%@&*# battle just to get him. So I guess it has to be the A rank thing.

I had a feeling the Griever's recruitment had something to do with the cats (now I know its the same cat) that you can find in some villages because a lady in Blackwater mentions that she seems lonely & is only smiling when she's feeding stray cats. I never thought that the cat himself would be the one I would recruit! :lol:

It's mentioned in the first post that you could recruit 75 characters for your army. There is a reward for obtaining all characters, but it will be obvious what it's going to be (the chest), and you're not required to get it before any specific point in the game (until you recruit all 75).

I haven't recruited all yet, heck not even 10, but I intend to do so since I really want to open that chest (wonder what it contains) hence I said can't afford to miss any...

Thanks! Any tips to defeat Trevor & Sick? They're giving me a hard time :( With just two members in my party (Daniel & Ayara), half the time is spent healing each other from various status ailments & not many chances to attack. Which spells would be more effective? Or should I opt for only melee attacks? Without Col in my party, I can't even Scan them to see their HP...

Eh? I defeated them with a party of six. Did you forget to add other members into the team right before you went into Amen Corner?

Edit: Optional PCs (Part 2):

Naja

Water - Melee

How to recruit: Defeat the boss of the Mist Maze. Available from Chapter 4 after Battle of Mayfall.

Richard

Thunder - Long-range

How to recruit: Complete the Mist Maze Side-Quest. Available from Chapter 4 after Battle of Mayfall.

Myst

Dark - Melee

Special Ability: Focus

How to recruit: Raise the dead (See Derek). Available from Chapter 4 after liberation of Shiro.

Derek

Dark - Melee

Special Ability: Row Strike

How to recruit: Get an herb, a Memento, a Charged Jet (it’s in the chest at Myst’s House), a Leather Belt, Brown Clay (stolen from the Hermits of the Highlands), Sea Spider Toxin (purchased from the poison dealer at Mayfall). Read the book in front of the bones. Available from Chapter 4 after liberation of Shiro.

Fitch

Fire - Long-range

How to recruit: Find Fitch hiding in the Elysium barracks. Speak to him and he will join. Available from Chapter 5.

Griever

Element: Lightning

Attack: Melee

Special Ability: Column Strike

To Recruit: Speak to her with Klaus in the party. Available from Chapter 5.

Deke

Element: Dark

Attack: Long-range

Special Ability: Focus

To Recruit: You must have recruited Joe. Speak to Deke at his front door, then defeat his golem. Return to Elysium and speak to him to officially recruit him. Available from Chapter 5.

Johnny

Element: Ice

Attack: Long-range

To Recruit: Play blackjack against him. Win 5000 Arn to recruit. Available from Chapter 5.

Venkal

Element: Fire

To Recruit: Speak to him at his house. Find the art appraiser at the University. Speak to him again. Speak to Richard Walters. Available from Chapter 5.

Alex

Element: Water

To Recruit: Solve the death of Elder Lotharis. Available from Chapter 5 after the Elemental Mansion quest.

- END Part 2 -

PART 1

PART 3

PART 4

PART 5

Some interesting trivia about Exit Fate-

http://invisionfree.com/forums/Totakeke/index.php?showtopic=311

It's an early draft of Exit Fate from 2003! There isn't actually a game there, but there's some story and gameplay information. The main character was then named Divine instead of Daniel. Also SCF was apparently making it for RPG Maker 2000. Pretty interesting, isn't it? :)

lol no wonder the sprites look more RM2k3 than RMXP.

Yet more OPCs:

Alex

Element: Water

To Recruit: Solve the death of Elder Lotharis. Available from Chapter 5 after the Elemental Mansion quest.

Shadfork

Element: Light

Special Ability: Wild Attack

To Recruit: Lose the sprint race. Available from Chapter 5 after the Elemental Mansion quest.

Hawk

Element: Thunder

To Recruit: Must have recruited Bartolli. Speak to Bartolli, then speak to Hawk. Available from Chapter 5 after Elemental Mansion quest.