Aveyond Studios Community
Sign in to follow this  
MidnightPearl

Exit Fate

Has anyone aced the battle at the Elysium castle? No matter what I do, I get a lousy B...even though I got 100% power, 95% speed and lost only one unit :( (that too at the last moment :x). That unit had 450 men, but the enemy's only surviving unit (Erin's) took it down in just one strike! All I'm saying is that the ranking system could be a bit leneint ie allow one unit's downfall...urgh!!

Edit: Nevermind, I 'A' ranked it! :D

Did anyone notice that a dog at Bayside Town has a potrait? :o I'm asking this is because I think all the characters with portraits are recruitable. So maybe you can you recruit the Dog too like that cat...you never know! :lol:

I'm not at that point yet, but I remember Johnny (the gambler) mentioning missing his dog when I spoke to him at the Elysium castle pub. I guess he was talking about the same dog...

Miller and Galius cant be recruited. When you finished the game you'll see all the characters that are recruitable and wich you have recruited.

i have a question, how i recruit Tiffany? it seem that at some part of the game she disappears and i can't find where she went.

Teej

you can recruit him with Cid in the party after Tiffany disappears.

I think it only matters that you have all your controlled parties alive at the end of the battle for 100% efficiency. However, no matter how many OPCs you recruit, you must recruit Outsider if you want an extra battalion. Only certain PCs can become commanders while the rest are only sub-commanders.

Ahhh, thanks, aisling. I was thinking the efficiency score was all about numbers, since I only get 84% efficiency when I had over 1900 men. I wonder if there's a specific cutoff for that, too... as in, if we lose too many men in our controlled parties, then does that count against our efficiency score?

Oh well, I'll go replay this battle for the billionth time haha. :P

Thanks for the clarification.

here are some more:

Tong Wu

Element:Thunder-Melee

Recruit:later in the game you'll se him at the Inn of Cento Temple, talk to him with Shadfork in your party to recruit him.

Frore (this one is a bit long)

Element:Ice-Melee

Recruit:Talk to him in Trarcia, go to Nilfheim and talk to Kella, go back to Trarcia and talk to Kella, go to Madrigal and talk to Frore, go back to Trarcia and talk to Kella, go to Madrigal and talk to Kella, go to the Inn of Harlinton and talk to Frore, go back to Madrigal and talk to Kella, finally go to Nilfheim and watch the cutscene to recruit Frore.

In Chapter 3, he's in the alley east of the Items Shop.

Optional PC list (Part 3)

Shadfork

Element: Light

Attack: Melee

Special Ability: Wild Attack

To Recruit: Lose the sprint race. Available from Chapter 5 after the Elemental Mansion quest.

Hawk

Element: Thunder

To Recruit: Must have recruited Bartolli. Speak to Bartolli, then speak to Hawk. Available from Chapter 5 after Elemental Mansion quest.

Mandala

Ice - Ranged

Special Ability: Smokescreen

Recruit: Speak to her. Inspect the column in the upper-right corner of the room she's in. Defeat the boss.

Wilona

Water - Melee/Mage (Castle Record Keeper)

Special Ability: Scan

Recruit: Have an A rank in total MAG (stat-magic) of active group members. To get an A rank, you need to have 400+ MAG.

Teej

To Recruit: Speak to him with Cid in the party after Tiffany left him. Available from Chapter 6.

Tiffany

Element: Water

To Recruit: Speak to her with Teej in the party. Available from Chapter 7.

Reod

Element: Fire

To Recruit: Speak to him twice with any PC with the Steal ability (Joe/Rorschach) in the party. Available from Chapter 6.

Petra

Element: Dark

Special Ability: Wild Attack

To Recruit: Speak to her with six males in the active party. Available from Chapter 6.

Frore

Element: Light

To Recruit: Talk to him in Trarcia, go to Nilfheim and talk to Kella, go to Madrigal and talk to Frore, go back to Trarcia and talk to Kella, go to the Inn of Harlinton and talk to Frore, go back to Madrigal and talk to Kella, finally go to Nilfheim and watch the cutscene to recruit Frore.

Tong Wu

To Recruit: Talk to him with Shadfork in your party to recruit him. Available from Chapter 6/7.

PART 1

PART 2

PART 4

PART 5

A couple more:

King

Light - Melee

Recruit: Bring Johnny and speak to him.

Nikolai

Ice - Melee - Castle Blacksmith

Recruit: After Gaia's Heart, talk to him and he will mention that he remembers "bronze houses". Then talk to the blacksmith's wife in Harlinton and she'll mention him. Return to him and he'll join.

Another tip: When you set out for Avalon, don't forget to take along Joe or Rorschach because Avalon is a thiefs paradise (seriously!) I had a blast stealing brass badges, mend-alls, photon beams, charged pearls, etc. Best of all are the brass badges, since they not only easy to steal but also sell for 3000 bucks each :o I had around 60 of them by the time I was done exploring! :D