Aveyond Studios Community
Sign in to follow this  
momma22smallbears

Ack! a virus!

After all this time the cubs are finally getting to the end of Aveyond and today the virus scanner picked up a trojan attached to the .exe file and deleted it.

The question is, will it be okay to remove the whole game and reload it? I think i recall that the saved games will not be deleted.

Just looking for reassurance.

But it was Aveyond 1. It has never happened before. I actually used a memory key from my husband that turned out to be infected with something and the next program that was opened was Aveyond so it seems that was where it went. That's my totally uneducated guess in any case.

This issue has been happening with both AV1 and AV2. There is no virus; certain virus scanning programs are just seeing the games that way. You can reinstall the game and add the .exe file to your virus scanner's "ignore" list.

You could also send a message to your virus program company, telling them about this.

There is No virus in Aveyond Or Aveyond two,i played aveyond I for Like a year and repeated it 5 times,And i Have Anti Virus 2008,They didnt ever Detect aveyond I or 2.

Maybe this Virus Scanner is a Spyware,get sure.

The "floating anywhere" issue has nothing to do with a virus, but everything to do with you having the speed crystal turned on when you're in the rowboat.

Turn off the speed crystal and interact with something (walk into a cave or something), and the glitch should be fixed. Then just make sure whenever you use the rowboat, that the speed crystal is turned off. Once you purchase the skudder the problem will no longer happen. :)

Yes, i bought it directly from amaranthia.com. But this is when i am trying to set up the software and before it gets to the registration. Basically, i download the game and when it is finished it only gives me the option to save the game and i can't get to the setup because it has trouble reading the file. I think i may truly have had a virus and it has corrupted something. When my shipment arrives next month we'll be able to reformat the laptop and hopefully things will improve as i am having other non-virus related problems.

By the way, we are now in Nairobi! Greetings to all from the mis-named "dark" continent as it is almost always sunny and warm here. :)

I've seen someone report the TOC error before, but I honestly can't remember the cause or the solution.

My suggestion would be to use the Control Panel > Add/Remove Programs to uninstall the game, then completely delete the game folder. Depending on what version you're playing, you might need to save away the save files beforehand (in builds B and C you don't need to do this, but build A might). Then redownload, as it's possible your last download didn't complete properly. Then try to install once more.

Let us know if this works. :)

Okay, now i'm worried, i just realized we probably had build A or B and now i can only find Build C on the site. I think i still have a copy of the original game we bought on the desktop in the shipment so if the ship doesn't sink and the Somali pirates don't get it we will have our version arrive in a month or so.

Shaz, thanks for the tip i feel so silly as i thought i had already deleted the game which explains a lot. Before uninstalling i could not find the saved game files so no idea if we still have them or not. I have a much older saved file of their game on a portable HD so they will have to backtrack but better than starting over.

Any tips on how to figure out which build we had before and is there anywhere to download previous versions of the game? I remember reading the differences a long time ago but cannot find them now so i wonder if it was in one of the old sites for Amaranthia.

@mommabear, I believe ArcadeTown still has build A, and a lot of portals still have build B. Amaranthia, Reflexive, and maybe BFG have build C.

If you purchased from here originally, the only build still available is build C. You won't have to pay to download and run it - your original registration will work - but your earlier-build save files won't, unfortunately. Can you state how far through the game you were?

@king_arceus: and? What do you mean "stuck"? Don't know where to go? Keep getting killed off? A little more explanation is needed before we can get you "unstuck" :) Also, please go ahead and create a new topic in the Hints and Tips area for each new question, as the two you've posted here are unrelated to the original topic. New topics with appropriate subjects make it easy to find the answers later on (especially for someone else who has the same problem).

Shaz, I don't know how far they were but i'm pretty sure they had come almost to the end of the game. Maybe they had one demon left to vanquish before Ahriman.

Can you tell me the approximate date that Build C was put on this site? I'm pretty sure we had build B. Will my registration code from Amanda work for a game downloaded from another site?

Ah, I forgot your littlies were playing the game themselves.

Can you locate the save files? If so, send them to me, and I'll flip the important switches so you can play your build B save file in build C.

Shaz, thanks for that, let me ask them. Much to my husband's dismay (he really wanted the insurance!) the shipment arrived in tact and this morning the kids were in front of the desktop, plastic swords in hand, playing their old game. They seemed happy because in that version they had just found the sword of chaos which they couldn't find before. I can truly say, we have gotten our money's worth out of this game!