Aveyond Studios Community
Sign in to follow this  
snowbunnies_x

In Loving Memory Of Snowball.

Hi guys. Something unexpected happened and I'm still abit worked up about it, and I think you should know about it, and I also am very sorry if there are any typos.

Obituary.jpg

HOW SHE DIED

Snowball has been a victim of Holly, my newly adopted puppy-turning-dog ever since Holly was introduced.

At first, Holly was smaller than Snowball and when Snowball "attacked" Holly, we scolded the poor rabbit. I wish a million, billion, trillion times to take back that moment. I miss my rabbit so much and I regret scolding her when the cause of her death was that mutt.

The first attack was on Thursday somewhere in January. (We brought Holly the Pup home on the 26th December)

I remember it was 7.15 in the morn and I was getting ready to go to school. We heard scuffling noises and when my mom went to investigate, she saw Snowball lying flat on her side (like roadkill!!!) with Holly on top of her. My mom of course, chased the dog away and I was really gripped by fear. Snowball's fur had come out in places and didn't move.

Needless to say I never went to class that day.

I carried Snowball back to the house and together with my mom, we got a perfect-sized box and tilted in on its side. We stuffed it with cloth, newspaper and Snowball's fave nibble toys.

I put her there and brought a flat dish of water toward her nose and thankfully, Snowball drank the water. And she drank ALOT. I checked her body for signs of injury and found 2 behind her ears.

My family, later that night, when everyone knew what happened, gave Snowball their very best. My sis called it a 10-star hospital treatment. :)

Really. Snowball was tucked in, hand-fed, with soothing piano music from my phone. That spoiled little rabbit, 2 days later, emerged from the box and bounced to her fave spot behind the sofa, where she flopped down and dozed off. Silly thing.

She poo-ed and pee-ed behind the sofa but I gladly cleaned it up for the exchange for what happened that morning to never happen again.

Unfortunately, it did.

Yesterday, 14th March 2009, around 8.00 to 8.30 PM, Snowball died alone and cold, under the paws of Holly.

If you're cursing me now and asking why the heck would I release the dog with the rabbit, please let me explain. Holly got most of the day for her freedom. Where else Snowball got locked up in the morning and then in the hot afternoon, carried to doze off in her fave spot, behind sofa. Every 1 hour I would carry her back to her cage to pee and poo. I wait for the sign. "Sign"? Snowball would nudge the cage door, pushing with all her might, wanting to come out. That's the sign she's finished and wanted to go back behind the sofa.

Then at 6, i would tie or walk the dog, leaving Snowball to graze and munch and hop all she wants until 7.30 PM.

Somehow, yesterday, Snowball managed to bounce out of the house and got killed. I wasn't sure what happened, because I was at my aunt's house. I got a call and I was rushed home to find her dead. I saw her eyes. HER EYES! Snowball lost the brightness of her eyes. Her cute nose stopped twitching... oh gosh I'm crying again.

She died.

We buried her in our front yard. My dad dug a hole 2 feet long, 1 feet wide, and 2 feet deep. We covered her in cloth, laid her down. We put her fave nibble toy with her, some vegetables... even though I know Snowball has all the veg and wayyyy better grass to eat in Heaven...

We conducted a small Catholic funeral, home-made. There was Holy Water, some prayers... please understand, we loved that rabbit so much ever since she joined us 1 and a half years ago.

I miss her so much and I keep thinking about the pain she felt when Holly attacked her. My second sister was hit bad. She loved Snowball alot, too. I just hoped she died fast and painlessly and even though it hurts and I cry, Snowball's actually in Heaven together with her previous owner, Auntie A., who gave us the rabbit because she died from cancer and went home to God.

I'm just glad she's in a place where there are no violence and all dogs are friendly. *sad smile*

I'm sorry for posting this, but I just wanted to let you know that Snowball is gone. Please, if you think this is crap, or I'm lying, or I'm pathetic, don't give hurtful comments. Thanks.

she'll never be able to rest if you cry you must be strong or the soul of this animal will only

grieve the dead can coexist in this world even animals so you don't need to worry she still around

well her soul any way except animals used in rituals there souls are eaten

Oh i am so sorry for you Snow-bunnies!!! I have seen snowballs pics loads of times before :( I hope you will be fine.Its hard too loose a pet isn't it? I know how you feel i lost two kittens too(they where not even a month old).I hope you will be alright :)

i always imagined Snowball dying from old age, in my arms.

Her death not only shocked me, but it made me feel so guilty for not being able to be there with her, or to stop it.

Just so u know, i do not blame Holly. Dogs descended from wolves, they're natural hunters =(

My condolences, dear. It sure must be a pain to lose a long-loved pet. Its just too bad she was even cute! Do not cry, it is a part of the cycle. All things in this world has an end....

..and that is why I always keep my cousin's dog on a long leash.

:(

Aww.I'm so sorry your bunny died. The pain and sadness of losing a pet is something no one wants to experience. Even though I have new hampsters, I still miss my first one, White.

I'm really sorry to hear about Snowball :cry: She was such a cute rabbit and I'm sure you will all miss her loads.

So very sorry to hear of your loss Snowbunnies. I know exactly how you feel. I had a baby black dwarf bunny who met her fate with my neighbors Beagle. That darn dog! Since that moment I will never forget the sound my poor bunny Velvet made. She was actually screaming. I don't mean for this to scare you. Snowball hopefully died of a heart attack, like mine did. Their tiny little hearts can't take alot. It sucks that she was attacked by a dog. The even poopier thing is that Holly the dog prolly thought she was doing something good. Dogs are natural hunters.

My thoughts are with you and your family SB!

Rest in Heavenly Peace Snowball. Say Hi to Velvet for me.

*hugs* snowbunnies. i'm so sorry to hear that. and i'm glad that you didn't hate your dog. now snowball has all her time and space to play and rest and eat. :awww:

I'm really sorry that happened to you... :( When my cat was at the vet emergency room, surrounded by her mewing kittes, she died of cancer. We didn't get to bury her, and I didn't even get to see her since she was in such a horrible condition.

I hope Snowball is living happily up there somewhere chewing on the perfect grass that wont give her diarreah... x)

Yikes! :cry: I'm really sorry about your Snowball, Bunnies. :(

A friend of mine had that happen some years ago with her cat she loved dearly. Her four dogs mauled her to death...She managed to forgive them over time; but unfortunately, instinct is the likely cause when stuff like this happens. Some animals just don't get along with each other.

Like I also had a rabbit some years ago and three dogs. ALL of them got along really, really well. But before that I had a cat and she enjoyed being around most dogs, except this one dog that belonged to a relative that we'd watch over on occassion. Stupid dog broke her leg once, then nearly mauled her to death a few years after that. >.< So it just depends, I guess...

Still, soo sad.! I can imagine your pain...

Hope you feel better. Take your time to recover. *hugs*

Snowbunnies,

I feel for your loss. :cry: :Hugs: Snowbunnies always sounded like a special bunny with a great heart. :AngelFriend: She is in a good space now and I am glad you were able to have the ceremoney with your family.

T_T

Poor Snowball, I hope she's happy way up in the Bunny Heaven looking down on your from the skies above.

It makes me sad too as it reminds me of Lucky and Fortune the hamsters which were bitten to death by a stray evil rat 8 years ago T_T

Hi all. I'm feeling better now, but I'm constantly hoping for a miracle, begging, begging for Him to let me pet and hug Snowball one last time, one last time forever... sounds silly, i know. =)

And my mom tried to reassure me that Holly the Dog didn't intend to kill Snowball... she was probably lonely and wanted a playmate. But as everyone knows, rabbits aren't perfect playmates for dogs... i mean puppies who just turned into super, hyperactive teenagers.

But then again, at the "wake" of Snowball (It was a small one, we laid her on cloth in the living room and the whole family was around her sobbing their eyes out, yours truly included :)) i checked Snowball's... body, (it hurts so much to write that :( ) i saw puncture wounds, bleeding, again, just like the first attack... was that being playful?

Or was that the sign of the hunter biting the prey's neck? Shoot. Crying again.

I can't help it. I miss her so darn much. Everyday i glance at her empty cage. Then today i was searching through the fridge for a snack when i came across her 3 bags of carrots. (Mum bought them on Friday, a day before the attack)... she never got to munch on them!!!

I'm sure you guys know how i always boasted and shouted to the world about Snowball, put up her pictures everwhere XD well, she's gone =) so... no more pictures, i guess.

yeah, pretty rabbit :) let's remember her at her best, snowbunnies. and remember that sometimes hunters are just hunters. once my dog killed two kittens. helpless kittens who hadn't even opened their eyes. they were children of a stray cat, but it still hurts that the babies won't be able to live life.

@aisling: thanks so much and all of you. you guys make it better for me.

here is one of my fave photos of Snowball. This was taken wayyyy before Holly was adopted.

fattyball.jpg

I call her the Fatty of Subang (Subang is the area i live in). lol

Snowy, again sorry for your loss. Nice to hear now that you are doing fine. Snowball looks really adorable in that photo. Are you planning to adopt new rabbit?

Ah I'm sorry about it and about the way how it happened u_u *hugs* It will still take time for you to start feeling better...

Snowball is beautiful on these pictures.

@spicy: i actually hinted to my mom, "hey mom, keep the cage. in case, you know, another bunny."

to my surprise she didn't object XD she said, "Sure, but not when SHE's around."

"She" is Holly.

@luz: thanks a lot. And yes, ^^ the pictures of Snowball, (avvie, siggie, obit and recent one) are some of her best photos. The one i put up is taken by me. I was lying down and at that angle, she looked so puffy and fat and squish-able. So i took it and wanted to freeze that angle of her being fat forever. =)

All, you know, after the first attack, Snowball was weak and actually thin. She had contracted lung infection (she had her shots and was better).

After that she refused to eat and i was wondering if i spent too much time with the dog. So i turned my attention completely to Snowball and brought her in the house (her cage was outside and i knew i couldn't play with Snowball outside with the jealous dog around)

So i just kept cooing and petting and kissing and hugging Snowball, putting her on my lap... too much until she wanted to wriggle away LOL

But very soon she became better and was back to her One-Carrot-5-Stalks-of-Veggie-and-2-full-bowls-of-Pellets a day diet.

She put on weight like, really fast, and she "interacted more with us. eg: sniffing us, standing on her back legs, seeking our attention when we watch TV, bite and roll her ceramic bowl around (again, for attention), and many others. Once she deliberately bounced around non-stop around us until we bent and petted her....

sigh, good memories =)

@aisling: actually it's just the fur lol she's not that fat. XD and yeah she does look a little pissed off huh... i don't remember what happened that day =P

@excalibur: thanks. I'm sorry bout your dog too.