Aveyond Studios Community
Sign in to follow this  
Elemental

Elements' Lands- Warlock's Pendant (NEW: Graphic Update!)

width=300http://img233.imageshack.us/img233/7578/titleimagefixed.png[/img]

PLOTLINE:

Destiny Darknife would not be described as a normal girl. Her parents, Annilie Darknife and Henlore Lightblade, had met on a journey that ended in their saving of the world- or, realms. They are also the Head Dark Wielder and Head Light Wielder. She knew that, but what she didn't know is that she would go on a journey just as dangerous, if not more so... A Warlock named Menvail plots for the destruction of Weavern Realm, and Destiny is one of the only people who can stop him. Unfortunately, to do so she needs help- and that help happens to be from Dragon, a boy she hates and wishes she could go on with her life without seeing him ever again.

Destiny and Dragon must travel across Weavern and Layia realm to find seven magical pendants created by one of the longest reigning head Wielders- the Head Warlock before Destiny's mother. One for each of the groups of Wielders, they are dangerous alone but deadly together. Destiny must find each pendant before Menvail does, and Dragon must defeat Menvail when the time comes.

Website (Blog)

Tumblr (Blog)

Old Website (Out of Date)

The Game World

Characters

Credits and Thanks

~

Wanna Be In The Game?

I need help coming up with NPCs- So if you'd like to be in the game, post/PM me. I'd need a general idea of what you'd like to be/say, and a sprite would be great. Also, what name you'd like to go by (real-sounding names would be preferred compared to "i_am_awesome_57" if your username is something like that. XD sorry)

~

Recent News!

First off, I've made a tumblr for the series. Check it out here! I'll probably upload sneak-peaks and solitary screenshots there, but you won't miss anything important if you don't use it.

Secondly, I've made a big graphic revamp! The fact that RPG Maker only has one main skintone has been bugging me for about a year, but I just now decided to do something about it. Here's the previous cast:

width=300http://i1100.photobucket.com/albums/g418/elemental494/EL/elmaincast.png[/img]

And here they are now!

width=300http://i1100.photobucket.com/albums/g418/elemental494/EL/elmaincastupdate.png[/img]

I haven't completely finished recoloring their sprite sets, however.

Not much more news, other then I've got a surprise in store for you guys that I will hopefully be able to release information on sometime this mid-summer! ;P

I've never heard of His Dark Materials, I don't think. wait, on second thought, is that The Golden Compass and sequels? Because when i told my friend about it, she mentioned The Golden Compass. And if that's what it is, it's probually because of the fact that an angel is the maiin bad guy, and churchs are bad in THe Golden Compass. (according to my friend. I haven't seen the movie in ages, and I didn't read the book)

this does sound cool. and if i'm posting here, rest assured that i think its true XD i rarely post in homemade games threads because normally the only thing i can come up with to say is "cool, but could you please get a little further before you ask for beta testers?" but here i can say more, and this game sounds VERY cool. i look forward to screenshots *hint hint XD*

re: angel being evil: same with my game. but you'll see, because i'm actually about to post the thread as we speak.

re: the golden compass: ugh, couldn't get into that book at all. the movie looked okay, but i never watched it. it was a hard book to follow. i personally don't think you're missing anything. also, that book got all sorts of bad rap because it was against the church or something. *shrug* don't bother yourself with it. just make your game and i'll be happy ^^

(PS: aveyondgirl, i love your avatar beyond all reason. if you drew that, you're amazing. if not, i want to know where you found it XD)

((what!?!? O.o maybe i DO need a facebook...*slaps self* facebook is evil! but facesets are good...))

((i'm in love with the artwork for that game already. *kidnaps avatar* ))

((this post was completely off topic. i do apologize XD))

Thank you, Mila, for the offer, but I do not need any help. That was very kind of you through, but unless you know a good tilelets/icons creator, I am fine. When I said I was open to suggestions, I meant, as to what you guys would like to know about it.

M.C.-

The game is about... halfway finished. I need to get my friends (they're not all Amaranthians through... yup, I already know who I'm asking) to beta test once the game is done, so I'm planning, if my computer time is not limited, to finish it by... late summer, hopefully. :D

Also, I should be adding a poll to this soon, so I can make an important in-game decision depending on people's interests considering the fifth ending. Thank you, I'm glad it sounds interesting.

adriana-

Thank you! I'm going to add more screenshots SOON. Once I get the patience to open up tool bar, take the pictures, upload them to image shack... blah blah blah, all that 'good' stuff. :lol:

-TO ALL-

I am going to add a bit more about the plot then what I have soon. And more places.

This game looks really nice, I really like the face sets but is Herranna's face color suppossed to be sort of pinkish purple? I think that doesn't look too well but I really like the other one's! :D

Take? As in, complete, or to make?

To make:

I started about, two months ago. In two-three months I expect it to be done. So, about four-five months.

To complete:

Well, I think when I'm done I may actually time it, to see and to put up. Hopefully it will take at least 3 hours. (Another reason it's free XD) It's my first successful game (the others I stoppped) so I hope the other games in the series will be better (and longer) as I get more experience at creating games.

Is this a random encounter game? Because, no offense, I really hate those, I much prefer an AP style of playing on the screen or an AV/Eternal Eden/Laxius Force style of only fighting when you touch the monsters.

Other than that, looks good! But your faces are slightly fuzzy, no offense. If you're using FaceMaker like I think you are, you should probably increase the face pixel sizes if you want it larger in your post.

firestar- Sadly, it's a random encounter game. There are three reasons I decided to do this:

1) If it weren't random encounters, I couldn't do my mazes. A lot of the difficulty is walking through one-way passage ways, trying to find your way out. That leaves NO room for monsters, and I don't feel like re-doing most of my maps.

2) That is A LOT of events, switches, battle show ups, and also working to make it so you don't fight the corspe. (Look, I've tried non-random before.) This is a one-person job, and I still have stuff to do other then my game, plus my computer time will be limited over the summer.

3) I for one, hated the AP style of being rushed, needing to open up menu for every CRAZY spell, and have yet to complete the game because of that. I also don't know how to work that kind of battle. My battle is like Av, only it's pop-up/random. I have actually found this fun, a nice element of surprise, and also, you can escape my battles. If you don't want to play my game once it's done because of the battles, Ok. I'm fine with that. Hopefully others will make different choices then you. If not, then, I'll try to make it better next time around!

This looks great!! Which is a lot from me, it's been forever since I've posted here, since I usually can find nothing that really grabs my attention. (Don't get me wrong, I'm sure there are some amazing games here.) I've always loved the idea of bad angels. XD