Aveyond Studios Community
Sign in to follow this  
Elemental

Elements' Lands- Warlock's Pendant (NEW: Graphic Update!)

It's alright, I don't care. I understand that you have your own projects, and I don't mind at all.

And now... *squeals* It's awesome and epic and awesome and great and I LOVE IT IT'S PERFECT~!

*coughs* eh hem. I love it. :)

Alright. ^^

I can totally understand that. ^^

~New post, deleted other so as to not double post~

A few notes to make:

1) I am working on this still, and have not given up. It was on an un-official hiatus (correct term?) since April, but now I'm getting back on track.

2) I am creating modern day versions of the characters~! I may start posting pics of them on the blog and or collegium.

3) I'm currently working on adding enemies to maps, fixing glitches, tweaking a few scenes, and just making it better before adding more maps or to the story.

Hope nobody's lost too much interest (I should really stop taking such long breaks... something about my personality doesn't let me work on these projects for long XD), or that this will partially renew it. I'll post new screens ASAP.

*totally necroposting*

Hell-oo? Is anyone still heeeere?

It's because I would just like to tell I'm still not giving up as artist for this project :)

Actually I was just making sure my drive would still hold on and sweep all my files clean, it took me long. XD But then, I'd do redone versions of the charas (if I can still find the resource pics I got, that is). Do't worry, for the gajillion of days I'm not here, I've improved ;) I'm just not showing it. XD And I've been more of a lurker than a poster, tehehe.

I'm here!

Back to the US (and my laptop), otherwise I would have replied sooner.

Omigosh, it's totally fine. I'm just super glad to see the post. I was going to PM you if I got ready to release an updated demo without Dragon's faces, but until then I was waiting/fine with that.

Take your time, but I'm eager to see what you have next. :D

Yep! I think I had my old drawing of Dragon somewhere in my CD, just lemme dig that out and I'll make it as soon as I get my tablet back ^^ You may use that as "placeholders" in the meantime while I sketch new face sets :P

Well, I was talking about the .psd file, which contains all the faces. XD

While we're at that, kindly have a pissed Destiny I drew in a rush :

width=450http://fc08.deviantart.net/fs70/i/2012/022/b/2/destiny_darknife_by_lumenastrum-d4n8st4.jpg[/img]

Take it as some sort of a style test. >3 [d]But I swear the coloring will be cleaner aaaaah[/d]

I guess I should keep the style that way then. :)

Hey, I sorta read in your blog you're making changes in the story. Mind telling me? :D I want to do something story-related fir the main menu picture, ufufufufu~

[d]And guaranteed she won't be one eyed. I WAS TOO LAZY AHAHAHA

See, I sorta got tired of looking at Destiny just standing there. She needs to look badass. YEEEEEES, PUKUKUKUKU~[/d]

Sure ^^ Or you can change it a little, I'm fine with whatever. Do what you like the most/think looks the best. ^^

Oh! No, that wasn't referencing to Elements' Lands. I was just ranting about starting a new story - unrelated, realistic fiction - for when I get bored with this one, something that due to the time I've worked on it, was happening a lot for me when I posted that.

Buuut, I can tell you whatever you want to know about the story if you ask me, though depending, it may require PM. ^^

Hm, sure. :D I'd only need some highlight scene of Destiny as inspiration for the menu, something that's not too spoiler-y :D Except if you want me to draw her with some energy ball in the menu instead XD

XD

Alright. I'll think about it, and as soon as I come up with something, I'll PM you right away ^^

~

Well, I just have to post this now, I hope it doesn't count as spam.

Three years ago, I posted this topic on Amaranth. So, I would just like to proudly announce that today is Elements' Lands' third anniversary! Whoo-hoo!

[if it's alright, I'm not going to merge posts because the one beforehand was the anniversary post.]

So, two big things! First off, I've made a tumblr for the series. Check it out here! I'll probably upload sneak-peaks and solitary screenshots there, but you won't miss anything important if you don't use it.

Secondly, I've made a big graphic revamp! The fact that RPG Maker only has one main skintone has been bugging me for about a year, but I just now decided to do something about it. Here's the previous cast:

width=300http://i1100.photobucket.com/albums/g418/elemental494/EL/elmaincast.png[/img]

And here they are now!

width=300http://i1100.photobucket.com/albums/g418/elemental494/EL/elmaincastupdate.png[/img]

I haven't completely finished recoloring their sprite sets, however.

Not much more news, other then I've got a surprise in store for you guys that I will hopefully be able to release information on sometime this mid-summer! ;P

What's this? I'm alive?

I apologize for being so inactive as of late. I fell out of the habit of being on this site, and I'm admittedly having trouble getting back into it.

However, I will continue to update this thread! Especially because progress is being regained, quicker than it's been any time this year. I've opted to restart my making of Warlock's Pendant, which makes for better maps, better dialogue, and hopefully better graphics!

I have a lot of information to cover in this post, so I apologize if it's a little tl;dr. But I haven't posted in ages, even though a lot of stuff has happened!

First, I did a little calculations, and if I continue at the progress I've gained, Angel's Curse should be released in spring of 2014, with Warlock's Pendant following not far behind for hopefully the summer. The games themselves should only take seven months or so to complete each, but because I'm working on both at the same time, it will take longer.

Secondly, I will be writing music specifically for the games! I'll try to get a video set for that.

And here are some screenshots.

tumblr_meqavzrSj11rtidsko1_1280.png

tumblr_mf36uoAx1s1rtidsko1_1280.png

tumblr_mf36uoAx1s1rtidsko2_1280.png

Sorry to say, but your maps are so painfully BLANK. Even with speed shoes, this is not good. Add more stuff to your maps. Bushes! Benches! Tree stumps! More trees! More rocks! More flowers! Skeletons! Anything!

Thank you for the critique! I've had this discussion with someone else, and what I'm going to do is try to kinda squish the current one. I just haven't gotten the chance to yet.

I can't really add benches at the moment, but that's a really good idea. I may have to edit the tileset to be able to include them.

Thanks again! I will most certainly take this into account while editing the map. :D