Aveyond Studios Community
Sign in to follow this  
Tei

StarChaser

@ Tei: logically, it's very unusual to have that kind of shaped room/house, unless there's something IN those black spaces. like a secret room you cant see. lets say you took that exact building and made a real house out of it, you would have a really odd shaped house with random places cut out of the rooms. if you make more solid, logical looking buildings, it will be easier for you and look better to the player.

I realize you're trying to represent a culture by the way you shaped the house (asian) but you can do this and keep the housing logical. opt for elongated hallways and many smaller rooms. when you add the asian looking tileset and the shape of the house, you'll have a finished product. :)

heres an example: A.) is a traditional blocky house. this is very western, or fantasy terms, kind of dwarf or human-like. just think blocky. B.) is an example of an illogical room. no one would build a room like that, there is no purpose for it. and there's a lot of space that could have been used if the room was more logical.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v463/lordnick5000/example1.png

now for a japanese/asian inspired room (ignore the tileset) its very elongated, with multiple small rooms and broom closets and the like.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v463/lordnick5000/example2.png

if you combine what you already have, with some elongate hallways and logically shaped rooms, you'd be set.

------------------------------------

lich caves: the error is because it looks odd. for many reasons. A.) water would spill over if it were that close to the edge, B.) you have no water source and, C.) the very tip top of the waterfall that in the water, looks off.

there's a characterset that simulates an underground spring. this is an easy way to add a logical water source when you cant add one. to fix the other errors, you just need to reshape the water a little

ah, i see. that makes sense.

the house itself is actually shaped somewhat like this from the outside (bear with me for the lack of screenshot, please XD)

(EDIT: argh!! my diagram didn't work >.< it's...>.< i'll try to get you a screenshot. it's three boxes, essentially, with the middle one set back a little ways.)

...hmm, i guess i didn't set the little room far enough back, either.

re: underground spring characterset: is that in the RTP and i just missed it? O.o

You know Tei, this is a very random (and probably off-topic) question, but did you end up using my customized helmetless-Agas pixel set, the one that made him look the one in my current sig and showing all his scruffy blonde hair? I was looking through my own submissions and i saw you comment asking if you may use it in your game.

agas: no, not yet XP but i'm only a third of the way done (well, at least, that's what's playable)...so there's still a chance XD your helmetless agas is too adorable and fluffy to pass up XD

nick: ah. time to go resource-sifting XD thanks!

Okayy... :D Still on the subject of Agas pixels, you can also have the other one where he's not in his armour (supposedly a younger version of him). It's even fruffier than the one in armour ;) This one:

width=50http://s116.photobucket.com/albums/o21/sha-bo_de_LC/Youngagas.png[/img]

It's also somewhere in the Colelgium. And credit me, please, if you use them :D (Boy, I sound like a nag)

OK... I SWEAR I have posted like... 5 times in this freaking thread... and they all disappear into the ether's abyss. >.< I don't feel like being all wordy so... for now... I'm just letting you know--and hoping THIS post sticks--that I am interested in this game. :P And I wish StarChasher the story hadn't failed. lol

grr!! it couldn't display the page when i tried to post this!! take two. *clap*

mayflower: at this point, it's just an issue of finding the time and resources to upload it. so as soon as i can (remember to) do that, i will. and huzzah!

marian: grr, you jinxed me with that post not sticking thing XD glad to see you're interested. and yes, i wish the story hadn't failed. but it's much easier this way for some reason. *shrug* although my characters might be more cooperative about deadlines if i had written it out ( *glares at storm god and thylian, both of whom are crucial to the continuation beyond the demo* hmm, apparently the storm god didn't appreciate being glared at. it's thundering here now. that's pretty amusing).

this far in, i can promise that the game won't fail like the story did XD

hey nick if you see this--do you remember where you saw that underground spring thing? because i can't find it...

i suppose i could offer all sorts of excuses as to why i don't have a demo up (i've been eaten by work (no internet), the world exploded, etc), but instead, i will tell you what actually happened, which is not nearly as epic as the world exploding.

according to those who know me, i do not have a mediafire. well, i do. but i can't go on it at home. and now my friends who have internet that i can use freely are away for the weekend >.<

alas. woe to the restricted use of internet.

in the meantime, look at the pretty picture that (as of me typing this) only got one comment T.T it has nothing to do with starchaser, but it's a pretty picture all the same.

http://www.amaranthia.com/modules/myalbum/photo.php?lid=3241&cid=2

(actually, i could come up with a demented way in which this has to do with starchaser--ffvii wutai (in this drawing) and starchaser andao are somewhat similar in style, if for no reason other than that they're both chineseish.)

Okay... I can wait :D

On a very off topic note, thanks for directing me to RPGCreative. I've piled up my pixel stock and I'm having a LOT of fun with them. I can always lend you some of my creations if you want :P

T.T

i'm so sorry everyone!! (XD tei sounds like Lucrecia Crescent from FFVII)

now, i know i've said this before, but hopefully tonight/tomorrow night sometime! because i'll have proper internet!

*bows apologetically*

you better all know how much i love you all, because i just spent three hours trying to get this damn thing to upload. ask floweraria. she'll confirm it.

well, here you all go. hopefully those of you who have waited for years on end will like it.

i didn't get around to fixing all the stuff nick pointed out, but a lot of it isn't in the demo anyways. (if anyone finds that underground spring sprite, i'd love you forever if you'd send it along....XD)

all right. check the first page, and hopefully this works.

@sana: yes, yes it is huge. forgot to warn of that XD that's why it took me so long to upload.

@untoldreveries: it's about 20 quests, and took me between three and four hours to finish.

@ilovechowchows: what the--you finished it already? XD XD XD and thanks! kawaii desu ^^

^_^

Played for sometime until the game froze when I tried to leave Neras! Seems good so far, could do with a bit of polishing though. The story is pretty interesting... I liked the intro. Hope you can fix it soon as I'd like to continue playing.^^

In the process of playing it... I had to LOL when I came across a book about "The Legendary Land of Aia". Seriously? "Book called Aveyond 1:Rhen's Quest published by Amaranth" :D :D :D Not to mention "Carlyle Khyulen"... Is that a Twilight joke right there? :P

I have yet to find out whether "Rashnu" is THAT Rashnu from Aveyond or not... Is he?

EDIT: Untold Reveries was right. It froze up when I tried to leave Neras. HELP!!