Aveyond Studios Community
Sign in to follow this  
Tei

StarChaser

Wheee! It's here, it's here!

(Downloads frantically while murmuring: C'mon, c'mon finish...) :dog: :party:

Oh, no, it won't start! Waaaaah! Why won't it play? It says something like "rgssad.not...". Shoot, I have to run to work now. I'll post again as soon as I'm home. :cry:

oh, whoops--forgot to specify the RTP is needed. yeah. if you have vista, that can be tricky (or maybe it was just my friend's korean computer). let me know if you can run it after you install the RTP.

ARGH--i bet i know why it freezes when you leave neras >.< fixing one glitch created another.

forgive me--i'll re-upload that whenever i get a chance. oh lord. uploading. three more hours of my life to pass....................

agas: XD XD XD oh, you caught all those! excellent, my books didn't go to waste! and yes, that is a twilight joke. because i once described kamae to someone, and they said "oh! like carisle cullen!" and i went "like who?". so now i can say, "no--that's not. HE is" and point at Carlyle. which is a much more practical way to spell it XD

and that rashnu is not quite the same rashnu. very similar sprite set (there were some tweaks) but this rashnu is actually the judge of souls, as in persian mythology.

now wait a minute, why was ilovechowchows able to run it through? or did she just get to where it glitches?

hey, wait a minute--i might be able to do this aveyond-style with the replacing the maps. i'll try that when i can upload stuffs.

i'm really glad that you like it so far!

AAArrgh! It still won't work! I downloaded the RTP ans installed it and nothing! What am I doing wrong?! :hammer: I just says: RGSS102E.dll not found

And please, tell me in really small steps, I'm hopeless with computers. :help: (beats herself over the head with the stick)

I think ilovechowchows got to the glitch and thought the demo's over.

:D Of course I caught those!! I've recently taken to going around bookcases and reading ALL the books I could "read" in AV for research purposes, so I guess the habit carried over...

>>>>>>>.<<<<<<<<;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;

i'd really appreciate it if you DIDN'T do that........................................

especially since you can now see pieces and parts of the rest of the game................in fact, i'd really thank you if you'd forget you ever saw the rest of it.......................................................................................................................................

agas: well, that's why i wrote them XD i'm glad you enjoyed them.

mayflower: never seen that error before O.o i'll let untoldreveries help you with that one.

If you go to Reveries' link, you'll see 2 tabs. The page opens with the VX tab in front, so there's a good chance you downloaded and installed the VX RTP.

Go to the page again and click on the "For RPG Maker XP" tab. Then download and install THAT one.

The good news is that you are now already all set to play any games made with RPG Maker VX. :D

lol, well, at least there's no harm in the long run, then. I'll just check this and it'll hopefully work.

:) Ty for advice.

Yay! Yay! It's working! Argoyle, Reveries, you we're both right, wrong pack! Duh, silly me.

@Tei:

Wow! I mean, just... Wow! Totally speechless. Haven't got far yet, but I love the feel of the game already. When's the whole game coming out? ;):D

The only thing I don't love is perhaps the colour of Onyxia's dress. But there has to be something wrong, right? :amaranth:

Wonderful sense of humor, though. "Thou shalt never annoy Killiara." :lol::lol:

I'll tell you more as soon as I finish it.

What's the glitch in the game that you mentioned? That you can't leave Neras? Can you finish the map for Onyxia before that? Cause I couldn't. But maybe I'm missing something here. :S

no, you can't finish onyxia's map. in fact, you can't leave the vampire town.

the whole game? ...erm...sometime? XD XD XD i'm now arguing with side quests again, this time in the second and third parts. and each part introduces a new character.

onyxia's dress >.< argh, that sprite was a PAIN. it's gorgeous when i draw it, but spritified it's not so great....i'll post a picture of it sometime ( <-- famous last words XD)

i'll upload a fixed map sometime that will enable you to leave the vampire town the way it should be. i forgot that a certain type of switch tends to do that.

ALSO: (and please do read this!!!)

i updated the rules, since i hadn't realized this might be an issue.

Please do not modify the document you download, or I WILL cut the demo down to its bare bones without any of the maps from parts 2 and 3 attached. This wouldn't be entirely a bad thing--the size of the download would decrease drastically, for example--but it would be a little annoying for me to do, and a moot point for those of you who already have the demo. So, you're hereby honor-bound to leave the original document intact.

EDIT: after giving it some thought, i've decided that that would actually be the best thing to do. So i'm removing the link to the demo, and will re-upload a smaller, less-glitchy version whenever I can.

D'awwwwww.... Will it take long to fix? Ganbatte kudasai!!!!! You can do it!!!

PS: :offtopic: I'm really scared of trying out RMXP... Well, once I manage to get it to work anyway. Is it hard to operate?

Okay, I don't want to be a nag, but I think I found another glitch. In the practice session, when asked "do you want healing?", if I choose "no, I'm good", the practice starts over (i.e I had to begin with the one spider again). Unless that's what's supposed to happen?

ARGH!!! i forgot to fix that!!!! well, i'll fix that in the updated demo too XD glad you caught that, agas.

it won't take as long to fix as it will to upload, i can tell you that much XD

:offtopic: XD nope. it's pretty easy. it takes some practice to do really cool stuff, but if i can figure it out, anyone can XD

Okay... I just saw screenshots of what the RMXP window looks like and it looks very VERY intimidating :S *is still scared*

By the way.... Vohu Manah, Armaiti, "Tei", and Wyr'run? Really? :lol: And I'm curious just what the Pahtnom of the Opera will be doing... (seriously? Here I was trying to make a Phantom pixel myself and you beat me to it!!!)

anyeong!!!! you're reading my files too!? argh, it might be time to try the encyrpted archive button XD

Tei is me, not the crazy redheaded vampire. that's kay XD

and, now that you've--oh, right. that's what vohu manah is doing there. i actually drew a blank when i read that. armaiti is not named armaiti, though. but he plays a very similar role. and wyr'run is an OC, so have absolutely no qualms about using him XD derez is in there too, if you look hard enough. (i don't think i have a custom sprite set for him, though, so you probably won't be able to find him without the demo working properly.)

i'm still having some trouble with my phantom XD part of that was just for fun (i liked his lair, leave me alone XD) but i have a vague idea for a side quest relating to. also, my phantom IS actually a phantom--dead and everything XD

it's surprisingly simple. really. i avoid scripting like the plague, but barring that, it's simple.

UGH! WHY IN THE NAME OF ALL THAT'S GOOD DO NOTIFICATIONS NOT WORK?! *has been completely oblivious to a demo existing*

[d]Downloading now...[/d]

*waiting for a new demo download*

my apologies! i'm currently in seattle XD and you may or may not hear all about that in the newsletter, and you may take that however you'd like. hehe ^^

and as much as i'd love to be fixing bugs right now, my laptop won't turn on properly x.x she's being very uncooperative. don't panic, the game is still perfectly safe on my traveldrive--the computer is just being stubborn.

EDIT:

:Ambulance:

my computer is officially dead. :( so now you really all have to wait. won't have rmxp again until i get home in two weeks ish. put on your patience hats, everyone.

the amaranthia newsletter, silly XD i had lunch with amanda, aaron and thefool (joe) XD he took lots of pictures and we had a ton of fun. he said something about "this is going in the newsletter" XD

yes, yes i am already in seattle. i'll email/PM you to work stuff out.

computer update:

well, my darling brick may survive after all XD instead of the entire computer being dead, it might just be the GPU. which i might be able to get replaced for less than getting a new computer. praise the gods. but the chances of me having rmxp while i'm here are still small.