Aveyond Studios Community
Sign in to follow this  
Tei

StarChaser

O.o page 2?

thank you for the revival ^^;

so! in my life...

-there are stories on my website! for characters that aren't introduced in the demo, but it'll give you a peek at what's to come.

-i hear back from college tomorrow! if all goes well, i shall be majoring in game design next year! ^_^

ummmm.....calculus is killing me, chinese is not so bad anymore. so this is still kind of on hold. but at some point, it'll happen...at least the demo is up XD

Sadly, I haven't gotten the chance to advance very far in the demo (I've been pretty busy) but I'll try to get farther soon! But what I have seen is awesome, and I love the bits of humor spread in here and there.

Awesome! Good luck.

Quite the same with me Elemental, cept I got side-tracked and haven't made as much progress in the demo as I had planned on. I will fully go through it though, Tei expect a document fairly extensive ^^

well, i'm being eaten by real life in the form of college and calculus, so this whole thing has been put spectacularly on hold.

i got into the college i liked, to major in game design, but the financial aid failed so badly it wasn't funny >.> so now i'm looking at a different school, which is the #4 game design school in the country, so........we'll hope that i get in and get financial aid there.

if i hear the word "college" again, i'm going to scream. seriously.

anyways! i have ideas, and there are maps made (that were made a long, long time ago, as a matter of fact XD) but finding the time with which to implement them will be hard.

i have ideas for games beyond starchaser--there's one that i want to make that will actually teach you chinese. and then there's my mom, who says lightly, "oh, go to work for such-and-such a bank and make them a game about saving money for advertising" and i'm sitting here going "MOM!!! that would be like me telling you to make a dollhouse of my vampire castle for advertising! WAY MORE WORK THAN COULD POSSIBLY BE WORTH IT!!!!" >.< i've been very frustrated with my mom lately....every other word she speaks to me is about college. I AM SO SICK OF COLLEGE.

in the meantime, though, my portfolio for my creative writing class is being filled with character drabblets. i think i said that already. go find my website and read them. i want to hear comments ^_^ XD

so a pathetic attempt to prove that i'm not dead. i'll be waiting for that document, rosebroken--unless you already sent it to me O.o

Well, hope everything works out with c- school. Glad you got into where you wanted, sorry it didn't exactly work out. (Hope that's not scream-inducing)

Ooooh, character drabblets~ *goes off to read*

EDIT: Having trouble finding them... I'll probably headdesk later, but can you post a link?

haha--i had to re-read my post to see what c-school could be scream-inducing XD XD XD fortunately, it's far too early in the morning for me to be screaming, so you're off the hook XD

link! lessee here....

HERE!

it's under StarChaser -> Character Drabblets, btw--maybe i should update the layout of the website. there's only two up right now, despite the several titles/indications of titles--ironically, there are ones written but not posted and ones that say they're posted but aren't written XP

:offtopic: XD

what is with the weather gods recently, yo? because i've gone four years without a single snow day, and i just got two in a week.... "snow day" here means "day where dad can't get me to school due to weather," because technically my school doesn't HAVE snow days, because it's largely a boarding school...

I have not sent it yet, it's not even 25% done... I've had distractions, from baby-sitting, re-typing switches, variables, map names, event id's, event names, common events for ahriman's prophecy, Sven's game and many other things.

Read the character drablets. Liked the atmosfere in Tsukiko's drablet better, but Vin's was more interesting storywise.

Now I only wish I could read the whole story. Drablets alone seem somehow incomplete, because I can't really place the person they're about in the context of the whole story.

^^; yeah, i was kind of afraid that would happen...they WOULD be pretty disjointed without being familiar with the characters/settings/etc...

i think i'll go start posting Taran's--it's probably the best of them. at least, it's more interesting content-wise--i make no promises about my battle-writing skills.

my english teacher is making me draw each of the characters, so that might help the disjointedness a little...and whenever i get around to getting further in the game (god knows i haven't even OPENED it in probably two weeks O.O), i'll try to post it so you can at least get a feel for Seiryou, Krisvyre and Skyes...Skyes will be the first one. Then you'll be able to get to the others...

EDIT: >.< freewebs only allows me to have 20 pages. faileth. i'm probably going to move to a new website. i'll keep you posted--no pun intended XP

:bump:

all right, i'm not dead! i finally got around to opening the thing for the first time in almost two months O.o whoever strong-armed me into taking calculus should be shot XD

i'm working on a new website, and i like it much more (yay for weebly ^^), but i haven't yet published it. will work on that when i get back to school.

realized that i still remember most of what i had planned (this is good) XD but i find that i may have to play my own dang demo to remember exactly how it was all supposed to play out. i also realized that i want to finish those window drawings, dangit, because masana's window is EPIC.

so yeah! i'm not dead! ...at least, i'm as "not dead" as a vampire can be...XP

Elemental alrady reported it. Here's how to fix it:

Copy this song to the folder StarChaser --> Music --> BGM

ALSO! DON'T follow the path in the northeast of kylock and DON'T touch the gravestone-like thing that you may come across in the north part of the isle. hopefully you'll get through the demo for a while after that....

Oh, yeah, I made that mistake. Touched the gravestone, game went CRASH. XD

So far it's been really fun, though. It's a nice game, you have skill with mapping. :)

...it looks like a giant gravestone >_> it's on the north part of the island. if you see a giant gravestone thing, SAVE before you touch it so when the game crashes, you can just reload.

EDIT @ WYST: no text? O.o did you install the font that i think i included? if you don't have the font Maiandra GD on your computer, copy-and-paste the file that i'm fairly certain i included to the "fonts" folder via your control panel.

:bump:

new website!!!!

CLICK ME! CLICK ME!

ahem XD

so! AP portfolio is over, AP calc is over, and i can now live and breathe and work again! HUZZAH!!!

indeed!!

and, just to prove how living i am (and show off my new cosplay wig ^^; ) i've posted a picture of me cosplaying as Heiro! check it out! XD <--shameless advertising

on a more serious note, i've finally started working again--making D_A's facesets look all pretty in the game (re-working all the coordinates...of all....the main character's...faces...*spirally eyes* ), and i've finally written the stupid riddles that the game requires to progress! you may thank my english teacher XD

also, if/when anyone joins my forum--alert me here please, would you? i'm notorious for forgetting to check that forum ^^;

also, point out any pages on my website that are blank or link to the wrong place. i get the feeling that they aren't all working quite right.

aejioqaiedaefjaioa8q4p you're not on my credits page!?!?!? when did i last update that thing!?!?!?! will remedy this immediately! O.O gomen nasai!!!

resources -> RMXP music -> ahelenya -> village3 should do it, as long as you still have the folder i gave you.

LOL, it's not a big deal. Really.

Now on to reporting problems. In the Lich hospital, I can walk on the tables and cupboard downstairs and over the bed upstairs. You might want to look into those. And on the cupboards in one of the lick caves. Map is labelled "small house". I believe it's the one with the Lich who asked for oranges.

Once I get into "The Meeting Place" I get stuck and can't move.

There's this one section in Deepwell caves where I keep on killing creatures and they won't go away after I finish the battle. They're surrounding this one chest. How many lives do they have?? LOL :D

There were a few instances where I exit a door and end up in front of a different door. It's still in the same general area, but it's not the door I entered. There's one in the Lich caves and one in the Spectral Hall.

I get the message "Character TR_Demon_Child (or something like that) is missing" when I try to enter a house in... that village where Argoyle and the Maiandras live.

There's a few map fail in the Deepwell caves. The salamanders' heads would sometimes poke through the walls.

Min'hira declared his mapping mission complete even though I haven't been to Arenwell and the Pirate Bay. I don't know where the Gypsy camp is so I'm not sure if I've been there or not, but those two I mentioned I definitely haven't visited before Min'hira was all "yeah, my map is done".

I can walk on top of laundry baskets in the Moon Elfs village. And a table in Scimitras' room. And on the walls in one of the houses. Is the entrance to Arenwell invisible on purpose? Because I stumbled across it by accident and I only knew where to look because Min'hira has his map ready (see previous paragraph).

After paying for the inn in Pirate Bay, I have Min'Hira's faceset stuck on the screen :S It finally went away after I found the missing slave.

--------------------------------------------------

Glitch spam aside, I noticed that you needed a recolour for Human!Min'hira and various expressions for Kay and Kamae. I can make those for you, so the facesets don't suddenly change into the Facemaker ones when their expressions change. What colour is Human!Min'hira's eyes again?

Now if you'll excuse me, I gotta run back and deal with Te'ijal before she eats me for not finishing her clothes... :P

O.O okay, game glitches are cool too!

sounds like most of that is passability problems--i look into it.

salamanders and walls is more passability--i don't quite know if/how to go about fixing that, but i'll give it a shot.

the entrance to arenwell is invisible? O.o i thought it was between a couple of trees and the path ends...i'll look at that too.

aeuauaujefcadahoefaj, the min'hira map events >_> i was afraid i'd miscounted those variables.

stuck faceset is easy to fix. i can do that now.

gypsy camp is on the path in in the northeast corner of the pirate bay. (i'm replying to all of this out of order ^^; )

----

human!min'hira's eyes are probably brown or something...he's essentially japanese. don't worry about the various facesets for kamae and kay if you don't want to--they were there to make my roommate happy, because it was bothering her that kay was smiling while he was yelling at someone ^^; your kay could be smiling or smirking, so it works. (altho if you WANTED to, for some strange reason, you are more than welcome to do so XD)

if i was going to ask for altenate facesets for anyone, it would be for Vampire!Heiro and Human!Masana. because Vampire!Heiro's clothes are different--see the window drawing on my D_A or my cosplay in the collegium *point shamelessly* drawing is probably more accurate. i think you have the sprite for human!masana already--basically, different clothes and not rashnu-pale.

i fixed the credits page, btw. i managed to remember you in the in-game credits, but i think the credits page on the website was last updated when i was a sophomore ^^;