Aveyond Studios Community
Sign in to follow this  
Tei

StarChaser

THE Tei, eh? XD glad you hold me in such high regard!!!

you know, i don't know what possessed me to post a screenshot of Kiliara's shrine. it's boring beyond reason. i just redid it, and i'm pretty pleased with it. well, more pleased with it. Green Shrine is the cutest thing, but more on that later.

then again, i'm going through now and redoing a whole bunch of maps that i think are boring...that means pretty much the entire vampire castle XD

i'll try to post more screenshots today.

on a slightly less happy note,

1. i'm cursed with scripts, i tell you! i can't find a journal script that works for my life x.x

2. you know how i just got RMXP reinstalled on a school computer? guess what! the tech guys are reformatting the computers! which means i lose ANOTHER copy of RMXP!!! grr, tech guys. curse thee.

...but, if this snazzy new traveldrive does what it claims to, i should be able to run RMXP on any computer i bloody well please. which would be excellent, because then i can stop having to buy the thing. i've bought it what, three times now? okay, so i've bought it two. my art teacher bought it once.

EDIT: grr. nope. rmxp on traveldrive equals fail. unless someone wants to put RMXP into a .ui3 file or something like that. either way, i have to reinstall the damn program. again. thanks, tech guys, love you too.

Maybe i'll have to add my "lose any items or family members?" line to my signiture...XD

Excellent! my advertising line worked ^^

Whichever you'd rather. PM is fine, if you don't want anyone else swiping your quest XD

you get a cookie for being the first one to step out! *gives cookie*

i wonder when she'll realize it was a DS cookie....

First of all, I don't even know what you mean by cookie! Second of all, I just wanted to know if you had a prefenrance. I'll post it here, since you don't seem to. The idea isn't very good through, but it's all I can come up with.

Okay, so my idea is that at one point in the game, you meet up with a witch/warlock, who ask or threaten you to get them some/a potion ingredeint(s).

Not, the best idea, but I don't know the places, etc., etc., so I can't come up with a more detailed quest. (other then a few that would work as long as there's a kingdom, but those are currently being used in my game.)

that's right, my post didn't go through >.< repiecing it from memory.

cookie. the thing you eat. i give people virtual cookies when they help me XD DS cookies are a W&W thing for making people join our guild (dark side cookies). anyways!

potion ingredients. excellent. i can put that in. thank you!

you mention not knowing places. i'm just about to put a place directory up, since you gave me the idea. ^^

i still have plenty of DS cookies for anyone who helps me... :D

Oh, well too late. I already plan to join the W&W guild. Besides, one time I told my friend I had a black DS and he said, "Welcome to the dark side... we have cookies."

On your game, so you like the idea? Yays!!!! Glad I could help.

mwahahaha! sorry, the evil cackle was irresistable XD i'll hold you to that, you know. (and yes, that's where the DS cookies come from :D)

updated the first post with a list of places! places i hadn't even known existed until now x.x the moon elves were not originally going to be part of this!!!!

double post! *gaspeth*

updated with screenshots!

...or it will be in a minute XD

tell me which you like more: the dark kiliara shrine, or the lighter one. i'm leaning toward the lighter one, but you tell me.

EDIT: all right, there they are. Make sure you look at them at full-size, otherwise they just look ridiculous.

Kiliara's shrine: It somehow looks like Rashnu's Shrine in Ghed'ahre. XD only there are some differences when compared obviously.

Kiliara's shrine (redone): It looks okay. The stained glasses at the sides are pretty. Where did you get them? They fit in the shrine very much. This is better!

Kiliara's Castle: The throne may not be centered, and there is barely room along the way, but I think it suits almost well.

Night Elven Palace: Too much open space. Add more stuff in it.

Ilyana's Room: Wow. This is amazing. Its too pretty for a room XD jk, but its great.

Liches' Cavern: I won't argue with the open space (cos its a cave for pete's sake XD)

Pirate Bay: Too quiet. XD and misty. ^^

I caught some things which caught my attention as well. Tell me if its a part of the mapping or not. I just noticed some lines which bugs me.

width=300http://i679.photobucket.com/albums/vv160/Stardale/KiliarasCastle.png[/img]

width=300http://i679.photobucket.com/albums/vv160/Stardale/LichesCaves.png[/img]

width=300http://i679.photobucket.com/albums/vv160/Stardale/PirateBay.png[/img]

heimdall, i love you, but i didn't ask for critique on these. but here are your answers.

all of these maps, except the shrine and ilyana's room, are WIPs (works in progress). the lines errors in the tilesets, and will (eventually) be fixed.

i know the night elf palace is empty. i was showing off the floor, because i happen to be proud of it. it's a cool floor.

the lich caves are also yet unfinished. there will be liches, and there will be rocks scattered about.

yes, kiliara's throne is off-center. i just wanted to get it on the tileset to see how it looked. i have no idea what you mean by "there's hardly room to move along the way"

the stained glass in kilara's shrine is just a recolor on the stained glass in the church tileset. that's what photoshop is for. of course the original looked like rashnu's shrine--it was the same tileset XD

and i can't fix any of this now because, GUESS WHAT? they uninstalled RMXP! and haven't put it back yet. so i'll start photoshoping facesets...maybe a game-over screen...

EDIT: all right, they should be fixed now. *grumble grumble* i hate that magical cave tileset. somewhere along the way, someone saved it as a jpeg and therefore i'm stuck un-anti-alais-ing it. curses. *grumble*

more of tei grumbling:

facesets are irritating. i give daeva_agas a lot of credit for coloring these x.x

because i'm OCD, i require facesets for characters. all of them. crazy, right? yep. and i'm stuck drawing them for the sake of not coloring them. (side note: i will never be able to draw kimii as cutely as i did the first time.)

so i'm off to work on more stuff that i couldn't do during arts option...*sigh* i hope they reinstall RMXP soon...really i do...

(oh, and hiemdall, sorry i yelled at you XD)

aveyondgirl: seems to be the general consensus. in fact, i agree XD lighter shrine it is!

mila: ...go for it. the scripts i'm using are in the "journal script help" thread in the questions forum. thanks for the offer! if you can make it work, excellent. if not, i don't blame you XD

lol Tei. its okay. They're just noticeable and bugs me quite a bit, so I have to show them to you for now.

As for the *uninstalling RMXP*, don't you have a laptop or something that you can bring instead? I just wonder how many times they will uninstall that XD.

"there's hardly room to move along the way" means the passageway at the center which brings you to the room. ((cant think of the proper word))

heimdall, if i had a laptop, then i wouldn't have this problem. i need one, desperately, and one that doesn't have vista, if i can at all help it.

fixed those, haven't taken new screenshots.

oh, you mean the hallway is too narrow? meh. i don't think so. but i'm getting rid of some of the suits of armor.

added more buildings to Pirate Bay.

added more suits of armor to the Night Elf palace. getting to adding more people.

made a whole ton of lich sprites last night. oh my god, they're adorable XD so liches aren't supposed to be adorable. oh well. mine ended up that way.

...now what? XD i was going to draw more face sets, but my sketchbook is convienently located at home >.< knew i was going to do that.

Hey Tei! Okay, thanks for putting up the list of places. Now I might be able to come up with another quest, if you need it. But first I need to ask you this:

Are the liches enimies or non-playable-characters?

ujwal: glad you like it!

aveyondgirl: the liches are NPCs. they're actually very cute ^^

i'm about to update the screenshots (all of them), i'll put up the lich alchemist's house. but i have to fix the floor first, because it's REALLY BRIGHT GREEN.

the first one, or i think it is. the Simple Journal Script.

but wait, hang on, i didn't see brew's post in that thread...you may not need to waste your time with this after all.

ah, kiliara save us x.x i really wish i could test these NOW. i'll get back to you on this, mila.

EDIT: mila, check out the other thread. i'm using Lambchop's Super Simple Journal Script. there's more info there.

AND EDIT AGAIN: never mind, mila, never mind. someone's working on it. thanks though!

AND! this is what i'm here to post.

StarChaser is officially 100 maps long. i'm rather proud of myself ^^ not all of these maps are quite finished, but a large majority of them are.

all right, i'm done raving. but i'm pretty happy.

*gaspeth! double-post! again!*

starchaser is 110 maps AND!

thanks to Brew, the journal script works!!!!

you know, i said i was going to update the screenshots and i don't think i ever did. fail.

so, originally i was going to put in temporary hand-drawn face sets into the game. they look awful, so the facemaker facesets are staying for now, until agas's computer starts behaving again.

i also have finished the Moon Elf town, castle, and shop. still a couple of houses to do. and really, WHEN did the moon elves become a part of this?

*triple post!?! what is this world COMING to? XD*

hmm, did i drop off the planet?

no, but i'm done with exams XD next big project is get ready to go the Japan.

i swear that i will update the screenshots as soon as i post this. i swear XD

i'm a lot closer than i thought to being ready to send my demo to my beta-testers. again, PLEASE don't offer to beta. if i need you, i'll ask (although i think we'll all be busy with AV3 for a little while :P)

but yes! i've actually updated you on my progress XD

also, check out my website! there's been some updates (and screenshots, incase you're impatient XD). feel free to join my forum so Sessha612 and I have others to talk to ^^

*is seriously wondering how I didn't notice this*

Seriously, how the banana-split did I not know about this?! D: Epic phail.

*is wishing I had RMXP*

Damn, I need to stop thinking before my head explodes. ._."

*is thinking how awesome this looks*

DAMNIT ALL!!!! DX

*looks around* O.O

Meh bad.

*creeps away, leaving note*

Note says: Awesome game~!

destiny: yeah, but my characters are getting away again XD i don't know what keeps happening, they're getting lives of their own. but i suppose that's the best way for a story to develop.

pokegal: well where did you think min'hira came from? XD XD XD

how the banana split? that's as good as wtfruit XD

so download RMXP and start pressing buttons XD

((min'hira: *chases Neko* no need to creep away, neko, we don't...er...bite... ... ...

kay: speak for yourself, min'hira.))