Aveyond Studios Community
Sign in to follow this  
Silversky

Why Te'jal is so "in"

All the vampires in Ghed'ahre look as if they have rabbit teeth. :D I don't see Galahad's teeth - how does he eat people? :roll:

@Kirroha: Galahad doesn't eat people, remember? :P

I like Tei because out of all AV characters (aside from Jack) she's the only one with an interesting personality. I find the others pretty typical.

But he should have teeth so that he could eat people if he wanted. :P After all, all vamps have teeth. If he didn't, Te'ijal will see no point in persuading him to eat, because he can't even if he wanted. :D

OF course Te'ijal must be "IN", if she's "OUT under the sun", she's a Pringle long before anyone realized it. :D

Yeah I know the actual topic but let me poke in some fun here. It's been awhile. :D

@Kirroha: I agree with aisling, maybe it comes after he's had his first blood xD

@Kinnison: Lol that's a good point, though she does manage to thrive outside sometimes with sunblock :D

Sorry for the OT-ness I just felt I needed to reply, couldn't stand the tempation D:<

... because he doesn't have it, so he strive to hide his inadequacy by dominating the over-world.

Just like a short person wearing super high heels. :P

Speaking of Tei'jal, who doesn't love her? I find her surprisingly sexy in Aveyond 3. :)

@bemused: lol I agree, Teijal was sexy in AV3 *fans self*

So let's recap, Teijal's 'in' because she's humorous, crazy, sexy, and plain fun XD (vampirism, superstrength + endurance are major pluses too ;))

@gothdragonlady1: To tell you the truth, I really don't get what you're saying(Hope I'm not being rude).. Are you saying we're only talking about Twilight and older romance books? Or are you saying every romance book has the word "Twilight" on it?

i'm say the first time I heard of the books I was think they where taking about a der of books I was read at the time

and sorry my post is not that good i bad with spelling and so it hard to find word I can us

aislingyngaio: Merged posts

But we don't "all" think she's ripped from Twilight. In fact, I think most of us don't agree that she's ripped from Twilight, considering Amanda has not read the Twilight books before Aveyond (I don't even think she's read them yet).

I agree. I don't think there's a character in the book even similar to Te'ijal (besides the fact that they're vampires) considering that her looks and personality are very unique.

haha i very much agree with rena :]

te'jal is a lot better than twilight

buut i think gothdragonlady1 was just trying to say that whole idea of vampires (as in twilight and te'jal) can be very romantic in an old fashioned wayy

referring to 'romantic vampires': I'm gonna assume you are referring to the romantized, hollywood version of 'dracula like vampires' cuz vampires were not romantic. at. all.

folklore vampires:

"It is difficult to make a single, definitive description of the folkloric vampire, though there are several elements common to many European legends. Vampires were usually reported as bloated in appearance, and ruddy, purplish, or dark in colour; these characteristics were often attributed to the recent drinking of blood. Indeed, blood was often seen seeping from the mouth and nose when one was seen in its shroud or coffin and its left eye was often open.[27] It would be clad in the linen shroud it was buried in, and its teeth, hair, and nails may have grown somewhat, though in general fangs were not a feature.[28]"

^wiki.

Okay, now lets go with 'real dracula-like' vampires 'facts':

1. they can rip you into shreds

2. humans are prey

3. humans are playthings

4. they are bloodthirsty things

5. they do not have follow any sort of human code

6. in the case of dracula: he's scary, cold, intimidating, hairy, and drains human kids for dinner

7. Feeling sorry for your dinner is not required

^ what of that is exactly romantic?

Great examples of 'non romantic' vampires are: Alucard, Legacy of Kain vampires [during the 'soul reaver-defiance games], and Nosferatu

BTW, this sounds like a similar romanticizing of pirates/thieves/assassins/etc.

@ KTC

the "Hollywood" version of vampires is much more romanticized than the old European folklore. the more recent depictions of vampires have been more appealing both physically and in their actions. edward from the twilight books and bill from true blood are good examples of this. i was just trying to say that i think thats what gothedragonlady1 was saying. even if te'jal is a blood-sucking vampire, in a way that almost gives her a certain sex appeal, or romanticism.