Aveyond Studios Community
Sign in to follow this  
Silversky

Why Te'jal is so "in"

@beckss: oo I see what ya mean. A random thought popped into my head, but why are vampires romantized while werewolves are still non sexy furry thingies? [vampires vs incubus/succubus for sexiness contest would be interesting to see hehe] But that's way off topic so stopping here.

haha well KTC i think that would be because werewolfs are pretty much dogs, and finding them "sexy" could be walking the lines of bestiality, whereas vampires are the same form as humans, so it's a little more normal lol

buut anyways getting off topic, so i'll end that now :]

Werewolves are purely savage brutality. Just attack, kill, repeat.

With vampires, you have more mind control and seduction before the inevitable bloodletting. The control and seduction is what makes them more sexual that werewolves.

Even the method of killing, sucking on the neck, is much more sexual than simply ripping something to shreds. :)

@ktc - werewolves can be sexy, ;) just read the Anita Blake books by Laurell k Hamilton :P especially if you take the view that furry = huggable

But back on topic - for the game, I just loooove Te'jal's 'Drain' power. It's awesome. And I think another reason why Te'jal is 'in' is because it's always more [d]violent[/d] interesting to have a vampire on your side of the fight.

oo, another book series to add on my books to read list. (so many books, so little time)

teijal: I see that crossed out word there. :P Though somehow, I find it amusing Teijal's using bow/arrow and rapiers when she can just latch onto you and drain. Be more amusing to just pounce the enemy and turn him into a bloodless mummy imo XD

I'm used to thinking of vampires as the 'tear you apart with bear hands/big weapons ie guns/etc. and a large grin' variety. *reads Hellsing + plays Legacy of Kain/Soul Reaver vamps)

oh yeah, and This is not a sexy vampire! D:

(sorry, had 6 hours of physics today. my head's rolling around)

I've been a big fan of Anne Rice's vampires since I was in high school. I'm not saying I'd want to be a blood drinker, nor would I want to be dinner for any of them, but there is something inherently sensual and appealling about them. And, if it comes down to it, I guess I'd have to say that her character Marius de Romanus does make me a little gushy. *sigh*

I guess there's just a huge sense of romance associated with them. And yes, I do realize that I'm talking about the Hollywood, white-tie-and-tails, opera cape-wearing, smooth-talking, physically attractive version and not the "basically we've got an animated corpse running around sucking the life-juice outta everyone" vamp.

Te'jal is smart, funny and clever. If she weren't a vamp, I'm sure no one would think twice about her being a popular character. But, since her existance requires her to make humans into giant sippy cups, she's suddenly placed in a different catagory.

Personally, I haven't read the Twilight books, so I can't say how they stack up against the way Te'jal is portrayed. But she does seem similar to some of my favorite characters from Rice's books, the main hook about them was that they were still very much the way they were when still human. As one character said, (paraphrasing) "Infinate time only makes us more who we always have been". Or something like that. And Te'jal still seems very human. Maybe that's why we like her.

@demi: If she wasn't a vamp, she wouldn't be 'Teijal' as we know here. ;) After all most of her humor/lines rely on making fun of her food. 'i'm already dead', 'little piggy', 'just one bite', 'having some affection for my food'

I'm paraphrasing but these out of context would be freaky lines.

If a human was running around killing humans/eating them in various ways we'd probably consider that person is a serial killer and a psychopath and probably not good/funny.

So I don't think it's just because Teijal's a vamp that's she's popular [if she was doing what she does now as a human {eating ppl}, she would lose a lot of her 'cool' factor and probably scare a part of the fans away. ], but its how she makes being a vampire humorous with all the careless comments of eating/goading galahad to eat. Double standards playing but whatever XD

In some round about conclusion, Teijal definitely doesn't act like a 'normal' human. She acts like a vampire who just happens to like her meat dark lol (sunlight+human=tanned human=dark meat!)

KTC- I completely agree with you that much of her humor centers around her mealticket, and yes, if she were human and not a vampire, that would be a little too much like "The Silence of the Lambs" to be amusing. But I also think that if she were human, she probably wouldn't be talking about "having a bite", but would have a similar sense of humor. I think the basic personality traits would be the same, it just is her nature to see her situation in a humorous light. She'd probably find something else to make jokes about, y'know?

The fact that she IS a vampire just adds another level to who she is, and I think that is another facet of what makes her appealling to everyone.

Te'ijal is awesome! I don't know what I can say that hasn't already been said, but she ROCKS. You have no idea how I squealed when she showed up in AV3. And her relationship with Galahad is so freaking hilarious. Even though she's one of the good guys, she's wicked.

AV3 SPOILERS

When Galahad realized that he loved her (finally) and went off to save her, I just wanted to scream "YES YES YES YES YES!!!" Even though she torments him, they've got chemestry.

END OF SPOILERS

And she's a REAL vampire, not some cheesy imitation who sparkles in the sun.

Te'jal gives a sense of humor and flavor to the Aveyond plots. The vampire theme just adds to the coolness.

And players just love watching poor Galahad dealing with her. :)

@demi: ah okay. It would be quite interesting to see how she would be as a human. Alas, we only have vampy Teijal which is just fine with me XD

@overmoon: players just love watching Galahad dealing with her? I think its the other way around: I love to watch how Teijal deals with Galahad :P It's only cuz Galahad is Teijal's playtoy do I even pay a smidgen of attention to him XD

Unlike what aisling said about Te'ijal only helping the mortals with their quest because she doesn't want her amusement to be destroyed, I think she really has a heart and doesn't want to see those humans being enslaved. After all, she's helping them to find the Orb of Light - once it is used, even the Underworld would be flooded with light and Te'ijal will turn to ash together with all the other vampires. She could even be sacrificing herself for the sake of humans. Quite un-Te'ijal-ish to me, but ahahaha. ^^;

I think she has a heart somewhere deep down too. She DID help save the world from Ahriman after all (plus she came to Rhen's wedding).

Though for some reason I'm worried the big "plot twist" at the end of AV4 might be Te'ijal going 100% evil and taking the orbs for herself . . . though if the game became about destroying her there would probably be tons of angry fans.

I actually never considered Teijal as only helping out for her own amusement (or to keep it from being destroyed). I figure if she's risking her life (of well being staked) then there has to be more to it than sheer amusement. Although who knows, if you live for 800plus years you might do whatever it takes to keep from being bored!

I love the humour and different perspective that she adds to the game. Plus she's just cool!

@aisling: :o I forgot!

Wow, Te'ijal must be pretty evil to go on a quest with some humans to destroy all her fellow vampires back in Ghed'ahre... O_O

I started liking te'jal because of twilight ( IDK why so many people hate it but I love it)Now I like her cuz of her personality shes awsome!!!

I liked Te'ijal from the very beginning, ever since AV 1, so way before al this Twilight (book) stuff, because of her humour and the way she's dealing with everyone (especially Galahad). I loved to see that she had actually turned him in AV 2 and her entrance in LoT was absolutely smashing! Her being a vampire just makes her character even greater, for it fits her personality (like KTC mentioned, the way she talks about her food and everything).

And after reading Twilight I liked her even more, because she has to use sunblock and she doesn't glitter in the sunlight. ;)

I like her (even though I'm pretty much echoing all the posts - but it's hard not to when they are all right lol) because of the damage she deals, dark sense of humor, and funny dialoge in the game. Plus it's good plot wise to be able to link her into other games that may be hundreds of years apart.

Too bad that linking is likely to be over-- after all they are human now, and they can't live so long. But then again, we could get a Tei and Galahad descendant in another game. Now that would be pretty good. =) But on the subject of liking Te'ijal, I guess there is a sort of... atmosphere that surrounds her. She says clever things, and the people around her react in different ways. I guess her relationship with Galahad helped too. They have such chemistry. I also liked her relationship with Lydia...

She is just cool! In my opinion you cannot compare her to the vamps in Twilight because she isn't a wishy washy, trying to find love vamp. She's a blood drinker, butt kicker AND she wants to kill Lydia. There's no down side. :P

I can see why Te'ijal is so liked when I played AV1 (I actually played AV1 the last of the 3 lol). I lol'd hard during the scenes when she stole Galahad's soul and forced him to marry her. Other than that it's also because she's the best melee attacker in AV1 and has the most broken ability ever in AV3 *cough*Drain*cough*