Aveyond Studios Community
Sign in to follow this  
Silversky

Why Te'jal is so "in"

I truly admire Tei, she's smart and has a sense of humor, she's so powerful, controlling at times I must admit :P , eccentric in a good way, simply, a totally unique character

So there's something I've been wondering for awhile, and it's about the Aveyond Vamps. I wasn't sure where to post it, so I decided to post it here. Anyway, the question is: where do vampires come from?

Obviously a bite will transform a mortal into a vampire (as seen with Galahad) but is that the only method? If so, does that mean someone bit Tei'jal? Also, how would Tei'jal have a brother, then? Were they simply bitten by the same person or were they related before? If this is the case, then I would love a Aveyond game about Tei'jal's origins. And if vampires can be born... then I wanna see baby Galahads and Tei'jals! More importantly, I want Galahad to meet his in-laws. Doesn't that sound hilariously entertaining?

Any thoughts on the matter? Or perhaps the Word of God would like to make a comment on the matter.

It's been confirmed somewhere in one of the Aveyond threads that AV vampires are created, not born. I'm not sure whether we've been told exactly Te'ijal and Gyendal's relationship, but I think they were siblings before being bitten and were bitten at the same time or something. I'm not sure though. :P

Word of god says:

"I would think if it like this: if you’re a vampire, any fluid in your system is full of the vampiric virus. So, if a human is exposed to this virus and isn’t killed by a vampire, the human will become a vampire."

And from Teijal's actions, a human biting a vampire = human turn into a vamp.

*Scratches head all confused*

Te'ijal and Gyendal were related by birth. Since they've been around for almost a millenium by now, their birth parents are presumably dead, unless they too were turned into vampires along with Te'ijal and Gyendal. Or if either of the two went and turned their parents.

Whether or not they were turned at the same time really depended on how many years of age difference do Te'ijal and Gyendal have. Te'ijal was 33 when she was turned and Gyendal was more or less 30 when he was turned. If there's like 5 years age between the two, then they're not turned at the same time.

My personal belief says that Te'ijal and Gyendal were turned by the same vamp, then they killed their maker because they don't like taking orders from anyone. Or, for the crackpot timeline one, they were accidentally turned when vampires tried to eat them but got interrupted by some people who destroyed the vampires and hauled the two to Ghed'ahre. The mysterious saviours are people who are crucial to the canon plot later, but that's a rant for another time. Don't take this for canon, though. It's neither canon or Word of God.

Anyone care to bug Amanda for info next time? I don't want to sound like a rabid overzealous fangirl by pestering her with stuff all the time.

Hey, guys. Actually "vamp" is not the short form for "vampire" really. It means...um...another meaning.

Vamp Definitions:

1. the portion of a shoe or boot upper that covers the instep and toes.

2. something patched up or pieced together.

3. an accompaniment, usually improvised, consisting of a succession of simple chords.

4. to furnish with a vamp, especially to repair (a shoe or boot) with a new vamp.

5. to patch up; repair.

6. to give (something) a new appearance by adding a patch or piece.

7. to improvise an accompaniment, tune, etc.

There are six more sets of definitions, too.

Vamp's a slang for vampire

And all those other definitions on the sites.

Basically, just depends on the context you're using the word.

I don't think that's entirely accurate. This is so wrong:

The term is short for vampire, another term for a femme fatale.

A vamire is not that!

I was looking at definition 16, way on the top.

"16. Short for vampire. Usually used in Buffy the Vampire Slayer."

Though vampire is slang for a manipulative seductive female so it would be correct to say vampire = femme fatale

As I said earlier, it all depends on the context the word's used.

Merriam-Webster says:

Vamp:

1: the part of a shoe upper or boot upper covering especially the forepart of the foot and sometimes also extending forward over the toe or backward to the back seam of the upper

2: a short introductory musical passage often repeated several times (as in vaudeville) before a solo or between verses

1a : to provide (a shoe) with a new vamp b : to piece (something old) with a new part : patch

2: invent, fabricate

intransitive verb

1: to play a musical vamp

2: improvise, extemporize

: a woman who uses her charm or wiles to seduce and exploit men

short for vampire

transitive verb

: to practice seductive wiles on

intransitive verb

: to act like a vamp

Vampire:

1: the reanimated body of a dead person believed to come from the grave at night and suck the blood of persons asleep

2a : one who lives by preying on others b : a woman who exploits and ruins her lover

The dictionary I have only uses the seductive woman and reanimated corpse, but it's an old dictionary.

Vamp is slang. You're not going to find it in a dictionary. Slang sometimes gets into the dictionary, but not always.

:D at the off-topic-ness.

Well, in one of my fanfics I included a flashback in which Te'ijal and Gyendal were out hunting at night and were attacked by a vampire. The vampire was going to eat Gyendal, but then Te'ijal distracted the vampire by attempting to shoot her, so Gyendal ended up changing instead of becoming food, and the vampire was so amused by Te'ijal that she decided to bite her too.

Completely unofficial, but it makes sense to me that Te'ijal and Gyendal were bitten at the same time. Better than saying that vampires can have babies even though they're dead (coughTWILIGHTcough). Though I have to admit I thought it would have been interesting if Te'ijal and Galahad had a baby during their time as humans. Maybe I'll write an AU fanfic or something . . .

@esme: technically, bella at the time was human when she had the kid so it wasn't a vampire giving birth. Though how in the world can a dazzpire have viable sperm doesn't make any sense at all.

Unless we're talking about "The Hollows" vampires since they have a "alive vampire" (before first death) and "undead vampire" (after first death). The whole 'vampire virus' thing they got going is intriguing, though the books sound like a lot of angst. hmmmmm

Also, I honestly cannot see Teijal giving birth to a devil spawn, especially given her dislike of everything human. Assuming Aveyond humans follows the same biological clock, 9 months of hell = heck no. It's just...not her.

Than again, i don't follow canon that closely anymore (if at all) so meh meh lol. (In my head, Rhen gets turned later in their relationship and she's been doing vampire thingies [like helping beating up Gyendal's follower vamps so not many of them gang up on Mel&Co.] while Teijal's babysitting Mel. When Teijal reverts to human, Rhen simply turns her and they go on their merry undead ways with Pet Galahad still running away from his master. Even had a short story where Rhen rescues Stella when she was trying to commit suicide by cold air and tries to knock some sense into her. She's taken to vampirism very well, my Rhen XD *gets black eyed* I mean Teijal's Rhen. So possessive *Teijal glares menacingly* Um nothing :x )

As for who sired Teijal/Gyendal: I tend to think they are biological siblings and were turned by the same sire.

Eugh! I forgot to put the Word of God label on it! :P

I was assuming that it's clear enough in the game that Gyendal and Te'ijal are blood-siblings even before being turned. Seriously, the thought of vampires being brothers/sisters just because they were turned by the same vampire never occurred to me.