Aveyond Studios Community
Sign in to follow this  
TwinMatrix

Whisper of a Rose

This looked like an excellent game to try, so I downloaded it for a trial.

I finished the few opening scenes (school, museum, street vendor), then ran back to the bus stop to go home.

I selected the home village from the option (For the life of me, I can't spell the name, LOL), the bus picked me up, drove off, and then I got an error message that said "Cannot find graphic file Fog...." I should have taken a screen capture, but didn't have my program up and running.

Anyway, it kicked me out. :(

I downloaded the game but can't seem to get past the part in the museum where the guards chase you. Is there a trick? A way to run faster? I'm never particularly good with games that require that sort of coordination. I don't want to buy it if it's simply too hard for me.

It took me a few tries to get through that part too. You have to stay out of their line of sight so try to go when they have their back to you. Hope that helps.

Thank you all for your replies. ^^

The release was a quite hectic. Once I found out about the corrupted files, I took it down until I fixed it. The version available right now has been tested by our team and players alike and works great!

As you can see on our message board, we reply to questions and technical issues very fast. :)

@Mizzou: Indeed; www.roseportalgames.com and then Community is the place to go for the latest updates.

@Hilde: The issue has been fixed in the current version. I'm afraid we estimated the difficulty of it in a wrong way. The guards now move much slower (before they spot you) and take pauses at spots so you can run past them. If you need any more help or if it is still too difficult, please e-mail me at help@roseportalgames.com or post on the message board (or even here) and I will look into fixing it.

@Pandaba: Aw, thank you! ^^

@aisling: Yep, that was the reason.

@Melody: Haha, thank you!

I've just finished the demo and I'm really impressed. I couldn't help myself, stopped playing for a while and just watched what you've done with the graphics: awesome! I'm surely buying it, congratulations for a very well done game:)

@Dark_adventurer:

It's most likely the error with the font-installer script. Go to the Font folder of the game folder and copy the font file, then go to C:\Windows\Font and paste it there - the game should run then.

@Twin:

Congratulations.

Hi!

Sorry, there was in install problem with the font, yes. :S Version 1.045 is up now. You can also use the patch to go to 1.045. But I see you already fixed the error. ^^

And thank you for the compliment! I'm really glad you enjoy it.

At this point, who knows. The game maker hasn`t posted any kind of update on the game`s progress in several weeks. It does look like a promising game but the lack of communication is disappointing, especially for those who purchased it when it first came out.