Aveyond Studios Community
Sign in to follow this  

Introduce Yourself (remade)

Redoing the Introduce Yourself thread. (Started by Amanda, of course.)

I'll make this intro a little shorter this time (since I still have threads that need to be recreated and all).

Here's the basic lowdown about me:

Nicknames: phoenixgirl (on forums), phoenix_prof (for writing sites), phoenix (just short for phoenixgirl and now it looks like I'll need to use it for here lol), whitepriestess (for gaming sites)

Occupation: English Academy teacher and coordinator (I run the business and all.)

Likes: shopping, comp games, anime, watching movies, chocolate

Dislikes: getting sick, computer crashes, prejudiced people, violence in the world, hypocrites

Enough about me for now

Hmmm... Life is good. I have three beautiful daughters (30, 26, & 20) and with them come four beautiful grandchildren (9, 6, 2, & 4 months.) I married about 2 years ago and he came with two children, so I have two step-children (13 and 10.)

I love tent camping, the beach, cooking, gaming, crocheting, playing the piano, and I love family.

I'm in beautiful Virginia... gorgeous country... lots of green.

Hmmm... nicknames... only one... tricia... used by close friends.

Dislikes... any bodily function having to be discussed at the dinner table, poor manners, rude people, peanut butter and tuna fish.

And last but not least, I'm a homemaker. Worked in the general workforce for about 30 years... a third of that was with the Virginia State Department and a third was with Arizona State University. Fun stuff... glad I don't have to do it now. Someone else's turn to do it! Yeah Me!

@papierce:

Ahh it's wonderful to learn about you. You must be very happy being a grandmother and playing with your grandchildren. ^^

I'll introduce myself again for the 4th time :P

hmmmm, let's see...

I'm married for more than a year now, and soon to become a new mommy (my first). :)

I've been here in amaranthia for a year and a month now. and i've seen it's transitions for 3 times now.

I like computer games, chatting, posting here in amaranthia and making friends, sleeping, watching tv, and reading books.

I guess that's all for now... ;)

I'm having a great time with my family. Makes me smile.

And it's great learning about everyone here.

Congrats on becoming a new mom, Abby. You've probably already gotten lots of advice from everyone you know. My advice is this...

Listen to the advice... then decide what's right for you and your baby.

I like your style Phoenix... you sound very interesting and mysterious... living in the clouds must be wonderful.

@Abby:

It's wonderful learning about each other again. I hope you'll still have time to come here after you have your baby and all. ^^

@papierce:

Awww, thanks. It's part of my enchantress personality. ;)

Nah, wont be introduce myself once again. Too busy to write that one all over again

Congratulations!!!

You have just found Evil Beak Feather. Right click on the post number, copy the link and PM it to Kinnison

Ah... come on Kinnison... don't you want the newbies to get to know you just a tiny bit??? You already wrote one sentence... how about just 2 or 3 more... -major grin- Please....?????

-giggle-

Hey Abby... do you know what you're having... girl or boy?

Phoenix... enchantress... reminds me of the one on Beauty and the Beast... love that movie... she was beautiful.

No that's not the problem. My net doesn't tolerate this brand new site much, so Its slowing my computer down. I'll introduce myself few hours later. I got some work to do I can't post alot atm.

@patricia

thanks :) my baby's a girl. i'm due anytime soon so if ever i suddenly disappear for a while, you know what happened ;)

@phoenix

i'll try. amaranthia is in my system so maybe i'd still be visiting here from time to time :)

@kin

aw, come on, you could just copy and paste from the previous forum ;)

@Kinnison:

O_o Well, I didn't write the same intro as I had for the other site. Too much and all so I used another one that I have on another forum I go to a lot. Suffices for me. ^^

@papierce:

Speaking of Beauty and the Beast, funny story but I took this Disney Princess quiz and I ended up getting Belle. ^^

I think I know just about everyone who's posted here so far. I'm a great grandma who loves knitting, rpg's, cooking, backpacking in the mountains and fishing.I'm a real back to nature gal. There's not much better than fresh trout roasted on a stick over a campfire with nobody around but your best-friend-husband, God and a couple of angels. Although it's not so fun when the bears show up as they sometimes do.

I'm kind, open, rarely take offense, and love to make new friends. I've been coming to Amaranthia everyday humanly possible since early November. I'm so glad we are home, in a flurry of activity.

I'm still a big kid on the inside and hope I never get stodgy, boring and old. Oh, I love a good tickle fight.LOL

@ally:

I agree that it's good to be back. Still busy remaking threads and such. (And I have so much to do.)

But once things get polished up, things will settle down with time. Can't wait to get the guild forum back. :)

And it's cool that you're a great-grandma. I'm not much of a nature person myself. More of a city person but I have friends who love the great outdoors. ^^

Nicknames: Spicydust, Purplesky

Likes: To watch NeverEnding Story (over and over again especially when Im stressed. Sue me XD), Eat, Playing RPG Games, listening music (Classic, Hiphop,Jazz, Rock, R&B) Read books, Cook, mountain climbing, mall-hopping

Dislikes: Exercise, vitamins :( , cemetery and hospital

Nicks: Argoyle, Arggie

ASM: 30 years old, male, married 5 years

Occupation: Electrical engineer (designing circuit board type stuff)

Likes: Gaming, RPGs, snowboarding, ultimate frisbee, cooking

Dislikes: I don't usually focus on things I don't like. I just move on to things I do like. :)

@phoenix

Headhunter is like Recruiter,:) but we are more towards on executive search we only handle specific and important position in one company like manager's above, compare to outsourcing recruitment agencies they do "mass-hiring" like staff, operators, and low level position(hope i did not confuse you)

@Argoyle:

That's a good attitude to have regarding dislikes. Wish I could be like that, too, but then I get my pessimistic side from my mother. lol

@spicydust:

Oh I see. I was thinking something more sinister. O_o

Tired brain at work. :P

Helloooo! :D I've just went to the exile site a while ago and saw the link ^__^ It's great to see the new site already!

Well if you have been on the temporary site, you know which old member I am because of the siggy and my announcement of the name change :)

I am a 22 years old university student. Studying Czech and German and going to become a teacher.

I love music, especially gothic rock, post punk, some metal and classical.

I am a bookworm constantly hunting for good books that I could read. I like fantasy and historical the best, or any books about which I find something interesting and unique. I like also when they consist some psychology or mystery.

I love the world of fantasy, fairies and elves... I like daydreaming and imagining myself as an elf or fairy...

Well that's about it for now, I guess :)

I'm 13 year old high school student. Grade 8. I'm 14 this year.

Likes: Games, internet, manga, anime, climbing, kicking, being crazy, troublemaking, fantasy

Dislikes: Classic stuffs, studying&school stuffs, gossips, romance

Nice meeting you all,and nice to be home.

Well,about me:

Name: Cristina

Nick: Scarlet,Crissy

Ocupation: Student

Like: To improve my english as much as i can,comp games,anime,manga,to play the violin,music(rock,classical and symphonic music),Amaranthia Kingdom,and to make friends here.

Dislike: People that hurt animals for their amusement,my country's music named "manele",oh and i hate when people treat me like a outcast because i am from Romania.

So glad to be back and so glad to see you all:D ok so...

Nicknames: Mickey_Owl call me Mickey:)

Likes: cute computer games, classic books, old films and fashion

Dislikes: Ignorance and ego maniacs

Wont be around the next few days but wanted to post to show I'm back and we're back yahooooooooooo!