Aveyond Studios Community
Sign in to follow this  
Butterfly

A general graduation discussion.

Butterfly's back!

Hi guys, I've made this thread for a few reasons.

My class is graduating this year. We're looking for a song to use that in a way represents our experiences throughout our school years and friendships, etc. A song that represents triumph and believing in yourself fits as well.

The song we sing each year must be different- using the same songs over is no fun.

Songs that are not available any longer are -

Unwritten

World's Greatest

Graduation (Vitamin C.)

Graduation was the song most recently used. It is a great song, I know, I wish we could use it. But we can't, and here I am to ask for any other ideas.

So in conclusion, while I'd like a nice, upbeat and catchy/likable song, I would like it to have a good meaning within it somewhere.

What were your graduation experiences?

Did you ever sing a song at the end of the year? Did you like it?

Any ideas for my class?

What is a graduation song to you?

Discuss here.

well, first, this may seem like a stupid question but...

...what language do you speak? XD

my class used "Time of Your Life" by Green Day. *shrug*

Others I suggested were "These Are the Days" by Keith Urban.

if you aren't looking for songs in English, though, I can't help you XD

well hey, there are people from all around the world here. it's a pretty legit question XD XD XD

other ideas:

"Stand", Rascal Flatts

"Great Escape", Boys Like Girls (i doubt this one, but hey, it's worth the suggestion. if nothing else, it's a good song XD)

Love "Goodbyes"! I'm definitly considering it.

Heh, I'm always picking graduation songs that really don't have anything to do with graduating at all. So no worries, Tei. I'm sure my classmates like it having something to do with that day, though, unfortunately. Hmph. <_<

I remember our graduation song when I graduated in elementary. It was the song "At the Beginning" by Richard Marx and Donna Lewis (from the movie, Anastasia). I also saw the graduation of the HS Seniors. However, they make up/ compose their own graduation songs. :)

ooh! i would like to share since i just graduated this year, march. anyway..

What were your graduation experiences?

-We had to practice everything flawlessly, sitting down, singing, standing up, responses, everything should be at the same time.

Did you ever sing a song at the end of the year?

-yes, our batch had a project to make a grad song each group, and one out of all the whole batch was chosen as a batch song

Did you like it?

- no. i liked the song our class made than the one that won. but i guess it's still okay. there was voicing and everything

Any ideas for my class?

-make your own song. it'll be nice. if that's not okay, we used the song Power of the Dream by Celine Dion when i graduated from grade school. i have no idea why the teachers' chose that though.

What is a graduation song to you?

Discuss here.

-well, a graduation song makes the people who here it reflect on the times in school. it talks of the future as well, but mostly it touches the people who hear it on how wonderful the journey in school was.

Here are a few good ones -

It’s So Hard to Say Goodbye to Yesterday by Boyz II Men

Don't You Forget About Me by simple minds

Here’s to the Night by Eve 6

I'm Not Gonna Cry by Corey Smith

On My Way by Phil Collins

Winds of Change by Scorpions

Breakaway by Kelly Clarkosn

Wind Beneath My Wings by Bette Midler

Never Say Goodbye by Bon Jovi

use Girlfriend by Avril Lavinge.

"hey, hey, you, you, i dont like your girlfriend, no way, no way, i think you need a new one! hey, hey, you, you, i could be your girlfriend!"

"shes like, SO whatever, you could do so much better."

lulz.

in all honestly, it does sum up high school.

lols.

It probably does.

I've been listening to your suggestions, everyone. Some of these songs are pretty nice. DX

I actually kind of wish we could make our own song. It sounds like a good idea to use someday.

when i graduated middle-school, we used ain't no mountain high enough, by marvin gaye. idk i thought it was kind of lamee, but it might work for you :]

good luck finding one!

P:

I'm thinking of doing Shine by Take That, 'cept I haven't suggested the idea yet. I have a fascination with British artists, it seems..

Same with The Scientist by Coldplay. Stupid song made me [d]baaaw[/d] cry, and I love it so. XP

Erm, I didn't love my graduation (due to several reasons). It didn't help that the song they chose was more of a downer than anything else: "The Warrior is a Child" by Twila Paris. They chose that (they meaning the teachers/the school) because the lack of time and since we're in a religious school XP. I suppose my batch was a bit...different...or divided, so that's why now that we're on our different ways nobody seems to be missing everyone, only certain people XP

Everyone has more awesome songs D: We did Do I Make You Proud by Taylor Hicks. It's a decent song, but a lot of people sang it out of tune. It was sad.

My sister had a better graduation song, which I was going to suggest, but I forgot the title.

Graduation tomrw!!!

I admit too. Music is very important for me, and to hear pomp & circumstances one more f---ing time is gonna kill me.

I was in band during my high school years, and the band would play,in addition to P&C, a bunch of songs during the intro and outro. Not necessary grad. music, but different genres to spice up the ceremony.