Aveyond Studios Community
Sign in to follow this  
SilverMist

DJC - Everlong

Hi ljspence, my group members are Sammy, Meredith, Justin and Vixen and below I took snaps to show you their talents. Meredith has the longest so there is two snap shots for her.

width=300http://img702.mytextgraphics.com/photolava/2008/02/12/sammy-49hs31ckb.jpeg[/img]

width=300http://img107.mytextgraphics.com/photolava/2008/02/12/justine-49hrxm5ah.jpeg[/img]

width=300http://img110.mytextgraphics.com/photolava/2008/02/12/meredith1-49hryd77p.jpeg[/img]

width=300http://img107.mytextgraphics.com/photolava/2008/02/12/meredith2-49hrzhh58.jpeg[/img]

width=300http://img701.mytextgraphics.com/photolava/2008/02/12/vixen-49hs0c3l8.jpeg[/img]

Do you think if I couldn’t do anything to solve this problem , someone can take the saving file from me and see what’s wrong? I’d really appreciate it.

@mona - I would suggest swapping Drakeor for Vixen. Drakeor's Aura spell is really useful since if you have elemental protection, you can get healed by elemental attacks and Vixen's spells are really expensive (good for groups, but not so much for individuals) and you really want some attack strength. Justin is fine instead of Glen, just make sure you break attributes with Climhazzard or Enfeeble, etc or your battle might be long. Of course, you can always email your saved file to me if you like and I can play with it a bit. Mostly it takes learning the attack patterns and defending when you need to do so.

Thank you ljspence! You are being so patient with me and I really appreciate it.

I will give it another try and apply your suggestions. I didn’t have problems defeating monsters (bosses). Some times it got really long but I managed at the end but this one looks hopeless :D ( I hope not). I will probably annoy you more and send you the saving file.

One possible approach to Entropy Exiprius would be to use the following group/spells:

Vixen: Carbuncle, Pheonix, boon

Julia or Meredith: Healing, slow, boon

Keen: Banishing blade, normal attack

The other one: normal attack

The other one = The one with the best attribute distribution

Drakeor or Sammy is recommended.

There is a point at which he will cast a spell where he will be healed when attacked (I forget the name), but if you notice that happening, stop attacking and focus on healing/osmose etc. until the effect wears off.

Hey...can anyone help me?

I'm not going to the Forgotten Continent again as that land is really hard to walk on. I keep practicing at the Monster Hunter Island and suddenly when my members are at level 70 the monsters are nowhere to be found. How is that?? So, I headed to the Forgotten Continent and defeat that evil Dynamo who sabotaged the Inceptum.

When the Inceptum is wrecked the whole party members seem to lost pretty far from each other.

Sorry for the separated posts...

And when I found Glen, Sammy, Meredith and Keen, I can't find the other members like Julia, Vixen, Drakeor, Justin, Vetu and Willis.

Another thing that is bugging me...how can I collect all the books in the Inceptum's library?

I've already have 42 books before the ship is wrecked. And how about Cid, Miyagi, Jack Pidgeon, Shadow, Kainofski, Maona, Pixi, Smales, Mason, & Dr Odine who were in that ship?

Are they all supposed to be dead?

Eh I never did these side quests you mention in your second post.

If you just landed on the Forgotten island you need to find all of the party members and then head to the ice caverns.

Wow and are you sure you're at level 70? O_o In the version I played the highest possible level was 50. But that was the version 2.13 I think. Anyways check the profiles of your party members. If there are no numbers for experience any more and only ----- instead, it means that the character has already reached the highest possible level. And when all of your party members reach it, you stop encountering the random enemies at all, there will be only the boss battles.

Luz,

I am pretty sure that my party members are all at level 70 and their experience points are still counting. I played Everlong version 3.03 and sadly there is neither walkthrough nor hints for me to play that version so I keep playing it with guidance from the journal and the Inceptum's library books.. >__<

And yeah..where can I get all the books?? There's only 6 bookshelves left for me to fill.

Hey Luz, you better complete the side quests by taking the amazing persons aboard. They will help you a lot especially Dr Odine, Maona, and Pixi (if you want your system menu to look cool).. try them if you don't trust me.. :)

I actually recall that I had the doctor on my ship so that I could always come to have my HP and MP refilled. Also a sculptor and Jack, I think. But then later after the ship crashed on the Forgotten continent and after gettin the airship they weren't there any more, but there were such machines that let me refill my HP and MP every time I wanted to use them, and also one that let me change the graphic ^_^

Hmm and the books, you'll bump into them in various towns... always when you enter a town you can see that according to the green book icon which shows you if there's a book in the town and how many of them... but it's not a problem if you don't get them all, I guess. I had collected many of them in my game but barely used the info they gave me because either I wasn't interested in the side quests they talked about, or I figured the info otherwise by myself.

In the new version the party has a max of 99, so you are fine. This was one of the biggest changes between the two versions. The other one is that you are now able to only get so many levels in a particular area (this was to prevent the parties from leveling up too fast), so if you aren't encountering monsters, you have reached the cap for that area and won't get any more until you advance to the next part of the plot.

You will get back your NPCs when you get the airship at the end of Forgotten Continent (Dr. Odine will be there, but he isn't needed because you get the healing pillars - in NewGame+ he asks questions so you can get spells, but not the first time through).

There are places later on in the game to get more books on the Dark Crystal chase, but that is after Forgotten Continent. Forgotten Continent itself is very straight forward because there is only one way through it, so just keep playing and the plot will tell you where to go.

You do need to get your party together before you can go on to the Grotto. There actually are a set of maps on the main Everlong site (especially the Pullus Unda collage) which will help you find all of the characters. Some of them are inside of caves, so make sure to go everywhere. Julia is in the far Northwest, Justin is in the middle north of where you found Keen and Meredith, Willis, Draekor and Vetu are in caves (Willis' is in the Southwest, Draekor's is in the middle and Vetu's is in the far Southeast). Vixen is in the northern middle section. Check out the map for more details. Good luck.

Thanks ljspence, Luz_Melian.... I'm now advancing the plot, defeated the Terrapin in Aditus Grotto and brought by Transator to Antiquus Fanum.

The new problem is, inside my game's Chocobo Forest, there are only 1 white chocobo, 2 blue chocobos and 4 yellow chocobos... in the Everlong main site they say that there are green chocobos which can walk on the mountains but I can't seem to find them...

I've only completed the Chocobo Waterfall minigame but I can't find the other minigames. Help me! >___<

Also, when I fought the Horned Dragon at Viridis Mons red chest, my computer crashed when I was about to win! Wuaaaaa..:'(

I can't recall exactly, but I think if you just keep reentering the forest, a green chocobo will eventually show up.

I do think you need a green chocobo to reach the other mini-games, since they are in caves on mountains. Plus, there are other chocobo forests near the shore on the other side of the mountains.

You can't get the green ones until you get to Wolverton (otherwise you could avoid the dungeon to get there). The only game you can play at this point is the waterfall one. I must say I've played this game 3 times and never won all of these games. They are optional and most of them are pretty tough unless you are good at arcade style stuff.

I am trying to get the white & black dragon's for Darokon (sp) as soon as I try to fight the 1st boss in white's cave I can only get 1 hit in and he kills me. I have as much defense as I can hold also Darakon (sp) is at level 75 so I do not know what I missed to get past the bosses.

secondly in Blacks cave what is the pattern of the tourches in the second half I tried a few but the tourches go out too fast, if you could please help me on this I would love it thanks.

Is there a stradagy guide someplace ? if so could someone please post the web link to it.

last but not least where is this silver mist, I would go there to find answers but I dont know the link address.

Truthfully you might be a little low on your levels for the White/Black Dragons. I usually wait until I get back from Forgotten Continent to try them.

The black torch puzzles are the same, so that information is relevant in either case. The torches with the coffin are just a timing thing (no real help there), just start at the top right and go as fast as you can.

I think several people have found that the walkthroughs on the Everlong site are useful as far as they go and DJC and others are very helpful answering questions on that site, but if you are stuck at a particular point or get beyond the walkthrough (it was never finished for the 2.16 version and no one has done an updated 3.0 version) you might just want to post a question here. There are lots of dedicated players here who like helping!