Aveyond Studios Community
Sign in to follow this  
teengamer

Ahriman's Prophecy Remake?

I am thinking about making a Ahriman's Prophecy remake. I would make it with the new RMXP version, either XP or VX. It would have improved graphics, and possibly more.... tell me what you think? Also, any rules on why I can't do this? If I was to complete it, I would publish it here!

EDIT:

FAQ:

Q: Do I have Amanda's Permission?

A: No, as of right now, I do not. I am waiting for her reply, but I will not be going very far with this for now

Q: Will it be free?

A: Yes, But I may be in the market for a non-free version later, and Amanda will take a good amount (25-50%?) of the profits.

Q: What tool are you using? Which is the tool that she used?

She used RPG Maker 2003. I am using its predicessor, RPG Maker XP.

Q: Do I need help?

A: Yes, Here is a list:

- Sprites (All of them)

- Scripts (The big one will be the one that makes it so that I can have the same battle system)

- Tilesets (The tilesets that I am using for now will work for now, but some of the more unique maps will need new tilesets; Also, the items seem to be small compared to the original.)

Give me a note if you would like to help in one of these fields.

Here are some screen shots:

The Map

http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z295/nptg316/TaliasHousemap.jpg

In Game

http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z295/nptg316/TaliasHouseingame.jpg

The character is very bugged and needs to be fixed...

By the way, this is Talia's house

Here is a screenshot of the original:

http://s188.photobucket.com/albums/z295/nptg316/?action=view&current=taliahouseoriginal.jpg

If you mean "publish" as in sell, then you can't sell a game that has already been made, even if it's a remake.

I think someone is already making a remake (unless they quit).

But otherwise you need to PM amaranth (Amanda) for permission.

you can sell a remake of a game as long as you have permission from the original author, and a contract with that author stipulating what percent of sales they will receive in royalties from sales.

The point is, s/he would need Amanda's permission first, whether the remake is going to be free or shareware, or even made at all. I know she gave permission to Aveyond06 to fix the bugs in AP 2.1 and release AP 2.2 (the topic is in Homemade Games (IN PROGRESS)), but this is an entirely different thing since it looks like everything (except the story and characters) will be different.

Alternatively, he could create his own story and his own characters and create a game that takes place in the same universe as AP. I'm sure he'll still need Amanda's permission, though, but I find that going the route I just explained would lead to a better game.

"I don't think he's attempting to sell it. He's just doing it as an AP fan."

Yes. I would make it free for everyone, especailly those huge AP fans that would like to see better graphics...

Hmm I don't like the idea..sorry lol but I'm a huge AP fan and love the game the way it is. if there was a remake of the game with XP, I'd certainly not play it, since it would lost it's magic. This is only an opinion though, I have nothing against you or your idea, just don't like it :)

I'm all for it. As long as you have permission, you should go for it. I'm probably one of the biggest AP fans there is, and I love the graphics the way they are. Even so, I think it's great that you're courageous to tackle something like this. ^^

Agree here too. You can change a few things in your own version....I think.:) But remember that it's still courtesy of Amanda to know about a remake.

well, ur making it now, so perhaps, its better if any mods transfer it to homemade game(progress).

and i would like to play the game, its my favourite game!

Teengamer, you MUST contact Amanda for permission before you remake the game. If she gives her approval, I look forward to seeing it. :)

Sweet. Just make sure that if you keep Jack in your remake, he'll remain as Jack :lol:. But have you already asked Amanda? Coz that's the question.:)

Talia seems a bit too small compared to the rest of the house. Are you using the original Talia sprite because if you are, I suggest you try spriting an RMXP version of her sprite. Using originals won't exactly fit the maker you're using.