Aveyond Studios Community
Sign in to follow this  
PokeGal

The Ones Unloved

This is my first every story. >3< *is nervous* Well, this about the beginnings of Shinsei, Karasu, and Rena. Yes, the "sweetheart" Rena. Turns out, she's actually a serial killer. O.o

Well, here's the first of the three prolouges:

~Shinsei's Prolouge~

"You are to never disobey me again!! Do you understand?!" She yelled at the top of her lungs. The small girl covered her eyes to hide the tears.

"Y-yes..." She whimpered. She crawled off to her room, shutting it quietly as to not anger her master again.

She looked up. The dim lightbulb, along with the steel walls, was the only thing she had in her room. There was a scratchy rug for her to sleep on.

She looked down at her bare feet.

"Love...what is it?"

"Is it...um...er...could it be...no...what...?" She whispered.

I have no past...but...everyone has one, right? But mistress said...that I don't even deserve to live. Yet, she doesn't let me kill myself, and end it altogether. I wonder why...

Sorry it's so short! >3<

@Enchantress: Well, the next two are going to be short as well, since they're prolouges. I'm gonna post the second prolouge since it's already done, but I'll need more time to work on the third one. ^^

~Karasu's Prolouge~

The leaves rustled in the trees. He stood inches away from her, his sword at her neck. She was crying, not in sadness, but in disbelief.

"No...this can't be the end..." She murmured. She squinted her eyes, and pushed him away with a quick strike. He stepped back, stunned.

She immediately pulled her pistol on him. "I know you are a mortal." She hissed.

"And mortals," She muttered, "do not deserve mercy."

She pulled the trigger without hesitation, ending the man's life. A loud crash of thunder echoed through the sky, and it started drizzling.

Yet she stood in place, over his body. Soon, it was pouring to the point of pain.

The girl closed her eyes. "Death. Heh. Like I care much." She muttered to herself, and walked inside an abandoned barn. She curled up on a hidden haystack, and attempted to sleep.

~Rena's Prolouge~

Rena's mother walked into her room, her face furious at the sight of her still in bed.

"Rena! You are to immediately get ready!" She screamed.

"No! I don't want to be the next one!" Rena yelled in protest.

Her mother threw a kimono gown on her bed.

"I don't care! Now, Rena! Get ready!" She screamed again, and left the room, slamming the door.

Rena sat up. "Damn moms..." She muttered, and looked at the kimono.

"I don't want to be the town priestess. Those people look at me like they should bow before me. What the hell's up with that?" She muttered again, scowling at the kimono.

Rena opened her window, and raised her hand. A flash of fire appeared in the sky. A small pheonix flew in, and curled up on her shoulder.

What's wrong, Rena? The bird cooed with telepathy.

Rena sighed. "Fushichou, I don't want to be the priestess." She complained.

You can always leave, Rena. You have power over them, they can't deny you. Even so, that only proves your duty. You are the descendant of the Fire God, Kazan, after all. Fushichou contradicted her words with another.

Rena sighed. "I guess so. Fushichou, could you handle carrying me to the next island?" She asked the garnet bird uncertaintly.

Fushichou seemed to smirk. Of course. What do you take me for?

Qwillie: Yeah, sorry they're so short. Hopes this makes the story so far better sounding!

Oh, I think the prologues are pretty good short - they're really only teasers, aren't they? It might have been nice to put them all together, but you write it as it comes to you, and we'll enjoy it. :D Can't wait to see what's next!

Everyone thanks for the support. :D But I'm sorry if the chapters come only once in a while. :( I have a lot of homework lately, but this is my last full week of school. A week from this Thursday, I'll be free on summer vacation!! :D

Hey, PokeGal! Cheers and so does other Pokemon fan dudes too! ^^

You write really good story (don't be nervous xD), even though it's your first try. I really hoping to read more from yours. :D

~Chapter One~

Shinsei looked up, as someone knocked on her door.

"M-mistress? You don't need to knock..." She murmured, too scared that if it was her, she'd get angry.

The door slowly opened, and a girl with vibrant red hair poked her head in. Shinsei eep'd and hid in the corner. The girl walked in slowly, her hands in the air. Her expression was apologetic.

"I'm sorry to intrude. My name's Rena. Yours?" She tried to make small talk with the terrified Shinsei.

"Sh-shinsei." She murmured.

Rena smiled. Fushichou glided in, and Shinsei ducked again. Fushichou, however, landed right in front of Shinsei.

Child, you needn't worry. I mean you no harm, and neither does my friend. Fushichou comforted Shinsei. It worked, and Shinsei looked at both of them with uncertain eyes.

"Wh-what do you want...?" She asked shakily.

Rena laughed nervously. "Well, that lady left, so I figured this was the best time. I need a Light Magis with me for the area I plan on traveling to. And, well, I sensed a Light Magis here...would that happen to be you?"

Shinsei looked up, surprised. "You can sense it? I'm not very good, since my mistress doesn't approve of it, but I can perform the basics." She replied.

Rena smiled. "Would you be alright with coming along with me? I could really use your help." Rena asked.

Shinsei looked at her feet. "Well, I have no actual travelling clothes, and I don't think my mistress..." She murmured.

Rena winked. "Don't worry about that. I've come with enough money to buy traveling clothes, and your mistress already has a clean house, so it shouldn't matter." She assured Shinsei.

Shinsei smiled. "Okay!"

They headed out immediately, so as to not be caught by Shinsei's mistress. When they were far away enough from the manor, they stopped to sit on a hill, and Shinsei relaxed a bit more.

"Phew! I thought we would never get out of there! What a giant house!" Rena moaned.

Shinsei looked out from the viewpoint. "Oh yeah, that reminds me. Is there any other Magis that you need?" She asked nonchalantly.

Rena looked up at her. "Yeah. We need a Dark Magis." She replied.

Ankoku woke up. "Hm. Why the Hades would a Fire Magis and a Light Magis be partnered up?" She muttered, sensing a prescence.

Ankoku shrugged. "Who gives a crap." And fell back asleep.

((Wow. So much for being motivated, Ankoku. XD))