Aveyond Studios Community
Sign in to follow this  
Coren

Difficulty Levels?

Hmmm... I guess for the most part, I choose 'normal'; however, I level up as little as possible-- I tend to use the run and dodge method, lol.

I think the highest level I ever reached (without using a goodie) is level 67, maybe? That was in Aveyond 1. I never really bother to level up unless I have to. In AV3-2, my highest leveled battler was Te'ijal @ level 40, followed by a level 39 Lydia, a level 37 Edward, and a level 34 Mel. I have no idea if that's good or not, but I do know I didn't fight a lot of monsters.

I play for the story not fighting... Although the money you get from fighting certainly helps. ^-^

I went for easy on AV1 to finish the game quickly since I want to know the story first. And even on easy, I still had level grinding (because I'm that kind of player) XD I never got around a replay XD

I prefer the easy option as I play for story, artwork, background, animations and dont want the battles to be too difficult (but I do love the battles).

Kirroha wrote:

Now, we all know that Aveyond 2 had 3 different difficulty levels: Easy, Normal and Expert. In your first game, which one would you choose and why?

Personally I'll go with Easy, because I'm more interested in plots than battles and I don't like spending too much time leveling up... because you all know leveling up is pretty boring. ^^;

I agree with you. I like plots and don't enjoy battles at all. And personally, I remember particularly disliking battles in Rhen's Quest, but I wished there had been difficulty options for Aveyond 1, because perhaps when I first played Aveyond 1, it could have made it easier. I think difficulty levels is good for the reason that it changes up the game so you can play it once, and then play it in expert, and so forth.

Bold=shortened version of likes/pros

Underlined=cons/dislikes

yes, for the first I choose 'Easy' because I want to see inside of it.

after I finished it, I choose 'Normal' because I

know what to do.

I never choose expert mode. I think it's too difficult >_<

Well, what I did and still find somewhat annoying, is having to fight the respawned monsters at higher levels. It's just a nuissance. For this reason, I tend to choose easy level in latest installments. That way at least a part of the monters does not reappear again.

If I can I tend to chose story mode in games to eliminate battles for the most part and only adjust levels before boss battles.I rarely ever skip those though, since they tend to be very interesting.

That is not to say I don't like levellig up on my own; I do, it's part of the rpg charm. I simply do not like to procrastinate too long in one levelling area, chosing to move on as soon as possible. And if I have to return to a previously visited rea, I really do not like having to fight all of the old monsters again. particularly if I can one-hit them already and their drops are no longer profitable either.

I guess I am an exception, because I like fighting the respawned monsters so I can buy equipment and restoratives. Later in the game it can be easier to dodge monsters when revisiting an area.