Aveyond Studios Community
MidnightPearl

irekismaren1011 - The Blacksmith's Apprentice

Hi Aura-thank you again!

I actually edited my post as after a good 10 minutes I managed to get the stones in the right place (phew)...only to get to the thieves lair and not learn the password. Have I missed a trigger? (I had already seen the thief in an outside tent that said he had left papers with the password on it in the thieves den but I've looked and can't find any. I haven't yet triggered the picklock...do I need that?)

Thank you!

I haven't talked to to the theif, I went back to Leif Haven to look for him and couldn't find. I leave and do other things, go back but I just can't find him. I don't know what I'm doing wrong.

The password is on a piece of paper in the Thieves' base. You can find it next to one of the beds (it's not in a chest though) and gain access to visit the leader.

And the pick-lock is main-quest related, so you literally can't miss it.

Thank you latyss-I seem to be blind in this game! I'd love to blame the fogginess in the cave but really I just didn't catch there being a paper on the table. (I also missed the forging instructions back in Thornburry for the same reason I've realized!)

someone plz help.

im stuck in gloomy forest. ive gotten two hazelweeds, one near where you enter and another over a wierd bridge. i can see one surrounded by a pond, some trees, and rocks, but i cant reach it. theres nowhere else i can go. i saw jumping mentioned but i cant figure out how. someboddy plz help im going crazy here!!!

The bendy trees will fling you when you hit spacebar/enter. Remember to use the wind to your advantage. The trees will launch you different distances, depending on when you jump. The trick is to jump in time with the wind. It affects how far you fly. So take note of the timing of the wind and press the action key to jump.

Hope that helps! :)

@sandstorm: Here's a little walkthrough to get the rest -

There should be 3 bendy trees in a line (there's a chest by the left/first one). Try and jump using the middle tree to reach the 3rd (right) one. Then jump south and again south.

You are at the middle tree now. Face left and jump when the wind is blowing harder to get to the southwest bush (third). Return to the middle tree and jump eastwards twice to reach the fourth one. Go to the tree by the broken bridge. It'll fling you over the bridge and near the final one.

I can't find the pickaxe in the Dwarf Mines. I've defeated all the kraken I can find, and the only one that is left is the one behind the rock, which I need the pickaxe for. Can anyone help?? TY

Edit: I've been to the 2 floors I can get to!

Can someone please help me? I'm in the Cave in the Thieves Forest, I know the right side you need the password to get to the Leader, but the only other cave I found is one where there are 5 switches that as questions, and I can't figure that out...

I need help again. I am in the Ruins, and I found the switch to lower the water, but I cannot seem to find the key and I have been everywhere in there that I can get to

Nevermind... I figured it out.

I was just wondering if the choices in the game make any difference in the end... For instance, the mayor's son quest, does it matter what option you choose? I helped him and his friends rob the mayor :D

Will it affect the story later on? Don't wanna end up missing something cool for making the wrong choices :P

Aww! I got to the part where I need to smuggle William out of Willow Glen, but I am clueless on how to do it since I've been everywhere in that town and haven't come across anything...

Nevermind... finally figured out what I was missing :P

UntoldReveries wrote:

I was just wondering if the choices in the game make any difference in the end... For instance, the mayor's son quest, does it matter what option you choose? I helped him and his friends rob the mayor :D

Will it affect the story later on? Don't wanna end up missing something cool for making the wrong choices :P

Juno wrote:

"It does affect the game. Later on (though not in the first book), you will need help from the Isildaine family, and whoever you help now will determine which family member will be willing to help you later on, and what quest(s) you may need to complete to gain their help. I've been adding other choices like that elsewhere in the game as well. For instance...

Spoiler [Highlight to read] :

In the Thieves' Woods, there is a thief that sells unique items. He stole a locket from a man in Lief's Haven, which is an available side quest. You can simply fight the thief to get the locket back, but you might miss out on some unique goodies later on..."

:)

Oh, that's great! I was afraid I picked the wrong option lol

I love it when your actions can have an impact on the storyline... makes you feel more involved. Kinda reminds me of the choice and consequence aspect of TTHW :D

Thanks for letting me know :)