Aveyond Studios Community
MidnightPearl

irekismaren1011 - The Blacksmith's Apprentice

Also learning new skills by completing quests is quite unique unlike other games where you have to just grind away to learn new skills with every level. It does give you a feeling of achievement

That's so true! It's a nice motivation to complete all the sidequests and you really feel a sense of accomplishment on doing so :D

Whereas, in most rpg's learning new skills mostly feels like a chore. :P

Yeah RainboWings and Aura, this game has some pretty cool features. I'll add them to the main post right away :)

And Gewndolyn, as latyss said, I'll keep you'll updated. The creator hasn't announced a release date for the next book as of now. But keep in mind, that a high quality game can't be made in a jiffy, right? ;)

Aura wrote:

Also learning new skills by completing quests is quite unique unlike other games where you have to just grind away to learn new skills with every level. It does give you a feeling of achievement

That's so true! It's a nice motivation to complete all the sidequests and you really feel a sense of accomplishment on doing so :D

Whereas, in most rpg's learning new skills mostly feels like a chore. :P

I totally agree. Instead of acquiring skills by leveling up, learning them from NPCs by doing side quests is more realistic.

The seasons feature is really cool too! :)

As always, thanks for finding another AWESOME game to share with us. I've tried so many recently on other sites, that just get boring, have bad mapping, spelling/grammar errors galore, etc etc, and I checked here, found this and SCORE! Another fabulous recommendation.

I'm still in the ruins trying to free the boy - the 4 guards and the boss always do me in. I'm trying to level up some, and I'm at level 14, with the Viper Fang's move.

dgfurman wrote:

As always, thanks for finding another AWESOME game to share with us. I've tried so many recently on other sites, that just get boring, have bad mapping, spelling/grammar errors galore, etc etc, and I checked here, found this and SCORE! Another fabulous recommendation.

I'm still in the ruins trying to free the boy - the 4 guards and the boss always do me in. I'm trying to level up some, and I'm at level 14, with the Viper Fang's move.

Oh, you're welcome! Actually, there are quite a few good games out there but sadly incomplete (demos).

I had a tough time with the royal guard fight too. Try to take down the 4 guards (using Viper Fang) asap without losing much HP as you don't get a chance to heal before facing the boss, as you already know. Then let Arthur attack using his poison arrow skill and hope that it works in the first attempt. In the upcoming turns, just leave the attacking to Will and let Arthur spam healing items. Not to mention grinding and getting the best stuff will help considerably.

Alternatively, you could beat it after seeing the Dwarves. You'll have a much better chance at winning if you come back to it after getting the coal and leveling up.

iya wrote:

Oh, you're welcome! Actually, there are quite a few good games out there but sadly incomplete (demos).

I had a tough time with the royal guard too. Try to take down the 4 guards (using Viper Fang) asap without losing much HP as you don't get a chance to heal before facing the Royal Guard, as you already know. Then let Arthur attack using his poison arrow skill and hope that it works in the first attempt. In the upcoming turns, just leave the attacking to Will and let Arthur spam healing items. Not to mention grinding and getting the best stuff will help considerably.

Alternatively, could beat it after seeing the Dwarves. You'll have a much better chance at winning if you come back to it after getting the coal and leveling up.

I prefer to play complete games, and once you've played games like the ones here, it's hard to find others that are of this caliber, that are complete. But this one is very well done, and I'm having a lot of fun with it.

Yes, I've thought about continuing on (to the Dwarves) and I might if I get frustrated. I have beat the Royal Guard several times, but like you say, the trick is having your HP high enough after that, which so far, I haven't been able to, without getting clobbered within a few turns. Well, I'll grind a little more (b/c I would like whatever goodie I may get from bringing Billy back), but if it doesn't work out, I'll just move on. Thanks again!

That's so true! I was not into demo's myself after being left stranded with cliffhangers. I actually delayed giving this game a try as this too is a demo in a way (as only book 1 is done out of 3) but it seemed too good to resist any longer. It's rather annoying to wait for the next chapters though when the game is this good and ends at a point at which it did. And good complete games are very rare.

Anyways, if the battle is getting too tough to handle, I suggest moving on as the reward you receive for rescuing that boy won't be of much use at present as you have to be at a certain rank to be able equip it iirc.

Then let Arthur attack using his poison arrow skill and hope that it works in the first attempt.

How do I get Arthur to learn this skill? It could be really useful as Arthur doesn't seem to be inflicting as much damage as Will.

I've got a problem:When I start the game it dosen't write there "Start" or "Load" or "Exit"...

I have the audio file,but where can I download this?And when I press space(when game starts)it dosen't write there:It was the use of magic(like in that picture)...(and the other things)....

@Spicydust: No problem! :)

@mihai: Did you install the font file included in the game folder to C:\Windows\Fonts? It may work fine if you do.

As for the Audio file, the instructions are given in the first post. :)

I haven't been able to forge a single weapon/armor :( I found only one plan (leather armor), but that requires an animal hide which I didn't find anywhere. I have found many forging components, but no plans for them. Any insights? It would be really cool to have some custom weapons and armor.

The animal skin is in the Gloomy Forest, near one of the Hazelweed plant. The other set of plans that are available in Book 1 enable you to make Iron Swords. These plans can be found at the blacksmiths shop in Thornbury :)

Thanks iya! I not only like to forge custom weapons and armour but also the aspect of adding some items while forging which gives you some nice bonuses like increased dexterity, agility and also inflicts some status ailments :D

Maybe someone can help me here - What shop to I need to go to, to get provisions for Evers? I've been to the Dwarves and back, and I can't open Ever's provision list, nor does any shop owner prompt me etc. Do I have to get that in Dewberry (where I haven't been yet) or back in Willow Glen?

Also, I'm up in the mountain pass past Ever's cabin (where the harpys are), and I can see a chest that I can't reach. I've flicked switches, gone up and down the rope, etc, but I can't seem to access that. Do I have to leave the cave and come in from a different side, or is it a matter of getting all the switches switched correctly? Thanks!

@theDefender - Thanks! I thought I'd been there with the list already, but I guess not, so I'll back track. Maybe someone knows how to access that chest, but I've been around and around, trying different things, and nothing has worked so far. I'm pretty ready to leave that cave.

Have you been to the other cave beyond the one with the swithches and rope? When you get through this cave, you'll find another one at the other end. It will be full of holes, when you fall through them, you'll land in area filled with chests, items, etc. Maybe when you finish this area, you may find a way to get to that treasure chest. I didn't complete this area as I found the monsters (including the harpies) too tough. I barely managed to reach there by dodging enemies. But I intend to return later.