Aveyond Studios Community
MidnightPearl

irekismaren1011 - The Blacksmith's Apprentice

I figured it out! I don't know what I did, but I went backwards, going from the point where the rope ladder is, and trying to get out. I got to the point where you have to go down the rope to flip a switch, then you come back up, and continue the path "back". Except this time, going "back" led to a different path, with an exit to outside (the other side of the mt.). There, there's another entrance to another cave, that has all kinds of nooks/holes to get into, and one of those leads to that chest.

edit: @Rainbowings - I just read your post - that's the cave I just found, that I hadn't found before. I wonder why it took me so long? Thanks!

I'm stuck at the cave west of Lief's Haven. The water trap keeps putting out my lantern! There doesn't seem to be any other place in that forest where the thieves could have their hideout, so I'm guessing I'm at the right place to advance the plot. But whenever I attempt to cross that bridge, my lantern gets extinguished :( Help please!

@theDefender - you need to get a "Tinderbox" which will keep your matches dry. If I remember correctly, in that forest, one of the thieves in a tent has a tinderbox.

If anyone can help me here - I have defeated the Salaseren twice, but neither time did she drop the ring, and I can't find it in the cave. Does she just randomly drop it, or am I doing something wrong? Thanks.

@dgfurman: Wow! You managed to defeat the Salaseren!? :o According to the developer, the Salaseren fight is supposed to be hard because you aren't supposed to be able to defeat it in Book 1. The warning sign outside the Fools' Cave is meant to encourage players to save or turn around before fighting the Salaseren. It's supposed to be impossible to defeat. So Angus' Ring quest can't be completed in this part.

@iya - Aaaah!!! Well, that explains it. What I did was William uses "Python Dance" and stuns her, Arthur uses "Poison Arrow" and poisons her. Then I just wait it out, and whenever she gets unstunned, I re-stun her, and the poison eventually kills her.

Well, thanks for letting me know that. I have an earlier save right before I go in to kill her, so I'll start there and ignore her for now, or I'll mess up my game.

Gosh! The snake thingy was way too tough for me. Will and Arthur's physical attacks didn't do any damage whatsoever. Nice to know it was intended to be so (whew!).

Thanks for giving out your strategy, dgfurman. I'll make sure to keep that in mind when the next book is released :blink:

Wow, I just finished and what a cliffhanger! This is the kind of RPG that keeps me playing for hours, trying to advance the storyline, to see what comes next. What a great game. Does anyone know when the next book is due out?

Oh yeah, the creator really knows where to put "To Be Continued", doesn't he? I'm dying to know what happens next...

Hence I was not into demo's myself after being left stranded with cliffhangers (as I mentioned earlier). It's difficut to wait for the next chapters when the game is this good and ends at a point at which it did :(

But this time I'm sure it'll be worth the wait :D As Juno (the developer) mentioned that production is going well on the second book. He put up some teaser screenshots of Book 2 to tide his fans over until the next release.

And as latyss said, I'll keep you'll updated! :)

Oh, that puzzle! I solved it sometime back so I can't recall the exact solution. I'll replay that portion and post the sequence. There are many sequences that should solve it though. Try moving one statue while the other is blocked in the meantime...

Good Luck! :)

Oh ok, thank you so much! :D I wonder how I missed those trees when I've been to that forest quite a few times now. Maybe because I was concentrating too much on dodging the monsters roaming around that area :P

Interesting note about that pick-ax: Once I had it, I used it in various places. But in one cave, the one by Ever's in the mt., I couldn't use it. I got a message saying, "Maybe if I had a pick-ax?" or something like that. I tried "equipping" the ax, but that didn't work. In all the other caves, I just pressed enter on a crack and it worked. So I'm not sure if there is a special ax for that wall in the cave by Ever's, or if that's a bug.

And talk about odd timing - sometimes I can't find anything good to play, and sometimes it comes all at once. I just got the news from the Laxius forum, that Inidera put out another game (free) while we wait for the next one he's doing. It's called "Laxius Party", and it's pretty fun (no great surprise). So now I have a bunch of games to play. YAY! :D

Which cave do you mean exactly? The one en route to Evers' cave (Evers' Pass), the one with the switches or the holes? If you mean the first one, it's works for me. Or could you post a screenshot? If it's a bug, I could let the creator know about it.

The Laxius series is amazing so I'm pretty sure the new game will be as good if not better. Thanks for letting us know :) But it'll have to wait as I'm quite busy with AV3 at the moment :P

So many great games, so little time! XD XD