Aveyond Studios Community
MidnightPearl

irekismaren1011 - The Blacksmith's Apprentice

@TheDefender: Quests that you cannot complete in Book 1 are:

- Angus' Ring (His ring doesn't exist)

- Quelion's Quest (Galeara cannot be found yet)

- Balin's Boat (Pitch doesn't exist)

- Ten Golden Mushrooms (Nothing happens if you have 10 mushrooms)

- Avelina's Animal Pelts (Pelts cannot be obtained during play)

- The Schooner (large boat) does not work yet, so you shouldn't buy it

- Thornbury Mountain Summit (with the Harpies) - Don't venture too far past the sign, you might get stuck

- There is no rope ladder yet

Oh, I see. The golden mushroom quest will have to wait then. I guess we could still collect all 10 in this book and have them ready to claim the reward in the next one. :D

nataliedb2k8 wrote:

I followed the instructions to install the audio file, but for some reason the BGMs won't play. How do I fix this?

After downloading both files and uncompressing and unzipping the game and audio file, just put the Audio Folder in the game folder. That should do it! :)

As I approach the end of this game just a word of appreciation for it. Ihave really enjoyed playing and love some of it's unique features.

I am putting off going back to willow glen with my coal cos I suspect that the game will come to an end once I return. After getting the scarf i have wandered freely on the world map , in case I missed somewhere and came across stormguard but was told I couldn't enter without a pass so I am guessing that this will be in the next instalment ?

I hope saves will carry over into the next chapters cos i am up to level 27 with loads of goodies.

As some one who really enjoys these types of games, am getting ready to play aveyond 3 & laxius Party can I recommend Legends of Illarion an old style free Rpg game with lots of characters and mini puzzles.I came across it by accident on gamingw.net forums and it is a spin off from an online game. there is a forum at illarion.org it reminded me a bit of Everlong & 3 the hard way

Yeah, you can transfer your save files from one book to the next. You're right about Stormguard, it should be available in the next part.

As for Legends of Illarion, it seems quite good, I'll give it a try whenever I have the time :)

fergus wrote:

I am putting off going back to willow glen with my coal cos I suspect that the game will come to an end once I return.

Yup, it's an amazing game, the kind that you wish would never end :D The ending is spectacular, you'll love it.

You can start a Legends of Illarion thread here if you want to spread the word. It's looks pretty ineresting and if it's anything like TTHW & Everlong (2 of my favorite rpg's), I'm sure I'll enjoy it. :)

Ugh I hate having to separate it and download the fonts >_<

You mean just right click the font file and copy and paste it to c://windows something? I did it and the fonts still didnt appeared.

EDIT: Um nevermind guys I finally figured it out :D

I just finished the game but I'm stuck craving for more! It was AWESOME! But the "to be continued" ending depressed me :cry:

I'll play it again to complete all the quests and level up for the next Book :D

Anxiously awaiting it!

Ok, I'm assuming you have found the first 2 herbs. Here's a little walkthrough to get the rest -

There should be 3 bendy trees in a line (there's a chest by the left/first one). Try and jump using the middle tree to reach the 3rd (right) one. Then jump south and again south.

You are at the middle tree now. Face left and jump when the wind is blowing harder to get to the southwest bush (third). Return to the middle tree and jump eastwards twice to reach the fourth one. Go to the tree by the broken bridge. It'll fling you over the bridge and near the final one.

Hope that helps! :)

I managed to beat the Saleseren in chp 2, I used the Python's dance (which could only stun her by chance) and Arthur's poison arrows. Their attacks are useless to her so I just keep on defend and use the Python dance. Still she doesn't drop Angus' ring. Am I missing something? Also, I used the Turkey bone to lure the dog but it doesn't seem to go out on the other 2 ends. Is it a glitch?

I love this game, and hope Juno can get the next chapter of the three done soon. As for finding the guy with the Dwarf mine key, behind the waterfall is a pool with health renewing water in it - that's the only "goodie" I know of in this game - there are a few in different caves, you can tell them by the greener water. Anyway, the guy with the key is through a cave to the upper left of the waterfall and through several caves and mountain areas up above, lying on a ledge when you find him. Make sure you're strong enough to beat the gryphons out on the ledges, though the cave bats aren't too bad, and if you're leveled up a bit, neither are too bad.

One note on a bug I found; be sure to save before you try to open any chests when you get the picklock. I found a weird bug that happened once in awhile where I lost my avatar, but if I saved just before, I could try again and it was usually fine. I PM'd Juno on it, but am not sure when he'll have time to fix and upload that one...